What is the likelihood being able to see and sit inside a Mach E before our own shows up?

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
nothing i posted was saying you were wrong or right. I made my call to find out and put what that person said. the info I posted before the link was based on my own dealing. maybe you can go back and read what I posted. as I said that was my agreement with my purchase.
If you say so....
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nope again:

With AMEX, they immediately credit back the amount in dispute.

They then give the retailer, the auto dealership, the opportunity to answer the dispute.

The dealership would have to prove that the deposit was "non refundable" by showing in writing that you agreed that it was non-refundable, which of course they cannot do.

End of story!
If that's true, you must have a law in your state that explicitly requires that. That's possible. But don't pretend that's the law everywhere.

Here's the wording from the Dept of Revenue in my state:

16. If you make a deposit on a vehicle and want it to be refundable, make sure that this is written into the sales contract or purchase option that you sign.

Meaning, it's NOT automatically refundable by default. It's simply up to the buyer and seller when they enter into an agreement with money exchanged. Caveat emptor.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
With AMEX, they immediately credit back the amount in dispute.
So any dispute of any kind, no matter how baseless, immediately gets refunded? What happens when they find it's baseless? Do they just eat the money? (Which would lead to people doing that all the time to avoid paying.)

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So any dispute of any kind, no matter how baseless, immediately gets refunded?
I have absolutely no idea what happens with "baseless claims". I have never submitted one.

Why do you even ask?

Yes, as all my claims have merit, AMEX immediately refunded the money.[/QUOTE]

What happens when they find it's baseless? Do they just eat the money? (Which would lead to people doing that all the time to avoid paying.)
If you read my post, you will have noted that I said I have over 50 years experience with AMEX and this is how my claims are treated. My relationship with AMEX is actually much longer than 50 years. During that time I have built an impeccable relationship with AMEX and AMEX considers and treats me like an extremely valuable customer.

So "NO" I have never had to eat a claim, as all my claims were found by AMEX to have merit.

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If that's true, you must have a law in your state that explicitly requires that. That's possible. But don't pretend that's the law everywhere.

Here's the wording from the Dept of Revenue in my state:

16. If you make a deposit on a vehicle and want it to be refundable, make sure that this is written into the sales contract or purchase option that you sign.

Meaning, it's NOT automatically refundable by default. It's simply up to the buyer and seller when they enter into an agreement with money exchanged. Caveat emptor.

Well actually it is:

Since you do not have a sales contract, the deposit is refundable.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
We're all arguing with the walls. It might be best to move on.

The refundability or non-refundability of anyone's order deposit isn't going to make the slightest difference in whether they complete a reservation conversion, or accept or decline delivery on an MME.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have absolutely no idea what happens with "baseless claims". I have never submitted one.

Why do you even ask?
Because you said "With AMEX, they immediately credit back the amount in dispute" in such a blanket fashion as though you were saying it always works that way.

Just because it may have worked that way in all of your situations doesn't mean it works that way in all situations. Your choice of wording overstated it. What you really meant is "In all of my cases, they have immediately credited me back the amount in dispute because they were all valid claims".