What is the likelihood being able to see and sit inside a Mach E before our own shows up?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Based on what I have heard from my contact in Cuautitlan, they will be ready to start production in August. With customer unit Job#1 at the end of October, that could mean the 4000 unreservable numbers (customer reservation numbers started over 4000) are dealer demos.
"Could" being the operative word there. We hope that's the case, and it sounds possible that it is. But I've yet to see anything official saying that.
Do we really know that "Job#1" is exclusively customer units, or are we just assuming/hoping that that's what it means?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, Edge, Focus, Mach-E reserved
Country flag
100%. All dealers will have a demo unit for show before any customer deliveries
This would be nice if it is the case but I am assuming this mostly applies to larger dealerships with multiple orders.

In speaking with my dealer, a smaller one, they informed me that my order is the first and only Mach-E that is making its way there; they will not have a test vehicle at that time. However, I will 100% be able to test drive my order vehicle before any purchasing talk.

Lastly, I was also told that since it is an "order vehicle" specifically for me - no one else will be able to test drive it. I'm more than certain, though, there will at least be a few miles on there from X number of employees lol.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It that your guess, or is there a source stating that?

That would be surprising to me based on the various info we've been following here. At least to that degree, anyway.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
This would be nice if it is the case but I am assuming this mostly applies to larger dealerships with multiple orders.

In speaking with my dealer, a smaller one, they informed me that my order is the first and only Mach-E that is making its way there; they will not have a test vehicle at that time. However, I will 100% be able to test drive my order vehicle before any purchasing talk.

Lastly, I was also told that since it is an "order vehicle" specifically for me - no one else will be able to test drive it. I'm more than certain, though, there will at least be a few miles on there from X number of employees lol.
Virtually the same here. The only Ford Dealer here has a very small handful of MME orders. Mine was the first confirmed (though I have no idea if it was/is the earliest in the rez line). They indicated the odds are I'll test drive my own car before signing the paperwork. Same with anyone else receiving an MME from them about the same time.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Buy a plane ticket to the Netherlands. Post on another board they got to see the car, AND the guy got to sit in it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Buy a plane ticket to the Netherlands. Post on another board they got to see the car, AND the guy got to sit in it.
Yes, but those are the Auto Show hand-built prototypes, not the actual units -- and no demo drives.

rplinpa

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Well, maybe. Still a lot of confusing, sometimes contradictory, and just plain missing info on when the demos will be manufactured and delivered.

If someone has an early reservation date and converts to an order before late August, the odds of a demo being available before their actual vehicle shows up appear to be in question. (US buyers)

But if they have a later reservation date, good chance their own vehicle wouldn't show up until 2021, and demos will hopefully be in place first.

Still a significant lack of clarity on the whole demo situation though.
I have a very early number for an FE and was told unequivocally by my dealer that I would have the option to drive it before purchase. Whether they have a floor model or not is irrelevant to me so long as I can sit in my vehicle and then decide.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I might personally temper it down to 98% unless we are only considering the contiguous states.

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
With a FE on reserve, right now it's looking like I'll have to let it auto cancel.
With a FE Reservation, I don’t think you will have a problem finding a Dealer that will guarantee your deposit back if you decide not to take delivery of it.

A lot of them will be hoping and praying you decide not to take it and they get it in their inventory. No more of that Model will ever be made.

Think about it before you cancel!

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I want to test drive a car before mine arrives so I have some time to think.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
With a FE Reservation, I don’t think you will have a problem finding a Dealer that will guarantee your deposit back if you decide not to take delivery of it.

A lot of them will be hoping and praying you decide not to take it and they get it in their inventory. No more of that Model will ever be made.

Think about it before you cancel!
Right, which will make it good for ADM (assuming it's not a flop)...

Received a reminder from Ford today... The wording has a little more wiggle room about the reservation:
This is it. Confirm by August 1st or risk losing your reservation of the exclusive First Edition Mustang Mach‍-‍E. All-electric exhilaration is almost yours.
Complete your order today!

I suspect I will still probably lose it, but if enough don't convert maybe Ford will extend it until test drives are available.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag

There are about 3000 Ford dealers in the US. They should be able to make those at the factory in few weeks once they start. Not sure about Alaska and Hawaii though.

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
I suspect I will still probably lose it, but if enough don't convert maybe Ford will extend it until test drives are available.
I really doubt Ford will extend the FE order deadline past Aug 1. These will be the initial production run and they will need hard numbers soon to have everything in place.

Remember also, there were only about 2,000 FE reservations accepted in NA --- probably about 1,500 in the US before they sold out after only 10 days.

There are about 3,000 Ford dealers in the US --- most will never see a FE.
Sponsored