Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Route 1
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I noticed that my MME has a modem. What is that for?
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
It also gives you wifi so you can entertain your granddaughter with her iPad on a 10hr drive

OP
OP
karioka

karioka

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Route 1
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Tim,
I like that and will look into making the wifi work. Thanks.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Tim,
I like that and will look into making the wifi work. Thanks.

I was on the fence about whether I thought it would be worth the price. I activated the free trial period, 3gb or 3 months, if I remember correctly. Wife and I used it a bit to see if it actually worked. Granddaughter burned through the remainder over about 250 miles. :eek: So at a charging stop, literally just as she was using the last tiny bit of free GB left I activated the unlimited for $200yr. She never missed a beat:cool:

Wife likes it too and uses her iPad regularly in the car

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I was on the fence about whether I thought it would be worth the price. I activated the free trial period, 3gb or 3 months, if I remember correctly. Wife and I used it a bit to see if it actually worked. Granddaughter burned through the remainder over about 250 miles. :eek: So at a charging stop, literally just as she was using the last tiny bit of free GB left I activated the unlimited for $200yr. She never missed a beat:cool:

Wife likes it too and uses her iPad regularly in the car
It's not a bad deal if you want the car to be a mobile hotspot. I think most folks will just use a cell phone for this, though. In our experience, we see no reason to pay for this when we can use our cell phones as mobile hotspots.

For newbies: you cannot connect a cell phone to CarPlay (probably same for Android Auto) and use it as a mobile hotspot. If you like your CarPlay, want a mobile hotspot going and don't have another phone running in the car to do it, this modem is for you. I can certainly see this being a valuable feature if you frequently use the Mach E as a kid-transporter.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
It's not a bad deal if you want the car to be a mobile hotspot. I think most folks will just use a cell phone for this, though. In our experience, we see no reason to pay for this when we can use our cell phones as mobile hotspots.

For newbies: you cannot connect a cell phone to CarPlay (probably same for Android Auto) and use it as a mobile hotspot. If you like your CarPlay, want a mobile hotspot going and don't have another phone running in the car to do it, this modem is for you. I can certainly see this being a valuable feature if you frequently use the Mach E as a kid-transporter.
We are grandfathered into an older unlimited plan that doesn't allow our phones to be hotspots. We could change that but I've never really looked into it, to be honest.
Sponsored