What is the point of trunk liners?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I thought it is an option. They offer that option for 240 extra......
240 extra is for the rubber mats for the front, rear and cargo area (kit) with the Mach E logo.

You get the carpet ones standard.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
240 extra is for the rubber mats for the front, rear and cargo area (kit) with the Mach E logo.

You get the carpet ones standard.
If you now place an order for the interior protection package (rubber mats), then you'll receive the car with those installed in lieu of the carpet mats.

So if folks want both versions for some reason, it might be best to order without the package (thus receiving carpeted mats) and then get the foot well and/or cargo area mats separately.

mfbrown

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Prem, RWD, ER; 2023 MME Prem, RWD, ER
Country flag
I canā€™t believe I just read 8 pages of this thread; I clearly ran out of reading material in the grumpy thread.

Iā€˜m also impressed that OP has managed to stay serious while it has been 50-2 (rmoore came to his defense) making a joke of the question.

I think there should be more discussion about how golf clubs and electric push cart work with the liner. They definitely get wet and full of grass and sand (my electric cart has been known to get loose and spin around in a sand trap. Looks like the Three Stooges spinning on its side.)

Obviously, I bought the liner. Make that 51-2.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
If you now place an order for the interior protection package (rubber mats), then you'll receive the car with those installed in lieu of the carpet mats.

So if folks want both versions for some reason, it might be best to order without the package (thus receiving carpeted mats) and then get the foot well and/or cargo area mats separately.
I had my car delivered this week.

I ordered the interior protection package.

It comes wrapped up in plastic and cardboard in the cargo area. Itā€™s up to the dealer to install them.

It also came with carpeted mats.

If your car comes with the rubber mats installed, your dealer did it and took out the carpeted ones. Ask the dealer for the carpet mats as well.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I had my car delivered this week.

I ordered the interior protection package.

It comes wrapped up in plastic and cardboard in the cargo area. Itā€™s up to the dealer to install them.

It also came with carpeted mats.

If your car comes with the rubber mats installed, your dealer did it and took out the carpeted ones. Ask the dealer for the carpet mats as well.
For 2022 MY, carpet mats are included only when IPP is not ordered.

Barno

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I entered this thread thinking I didn't need a liner, and OP convinced me that I do.
I entered this thread because I read everything else on the interwebs and thought to myself, I can help. So here goes: I have a liner so I donā€™t get microscopic carpet fibers in my pickleballs when they fall out of the bag. Those fibers affect my serve negatively.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
For 2022 MY, carpet mats are included only when IPP is not ordered.
Interesting. I have to admit that the carpeted mats for my Audi are stored away somewhere but at some point Iā€™ll sell the car and given that the rubber ones are pretty worn now would throw in the carpet ones when I sell. Is there an option to purchase the OEM MME ones as an add on?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Interesting. I have to admit that the carpeted mats for my Audi are stored away somewhere but at some point Iā€™ll sell the car and given that the rubber ones are pretty worn now would throw in the carpet ones when I sell. Is there an option to purchase the OEM MME ones as an add on?
Yes, you can buy the OEM rubber mats as an accessory. Though, there are also a lot of other custom fit mat options for the MME at this point.

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Doing my part to keep this thread going. I read the first few posts when the thread was born because I couldnā€™t believe a thread existed about "trunk liners". Coming here once a day during my morning coffee I kept seeing this thread popping up but never came back. Here we are, 8 pages in. Wow, and doing my part to get this thread to 9 pages.

jonnyboy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
When I was on page 6 or so, I was deeply resentful about the 10 minutes of my life spent reading this that could have been used to do, well, literally anything else. Now, my morbid fascination has me glued to my IPad, waiting to see how many pages this thread can go. OP, we owe you.

GoIrish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
When I was on page 6 or so, I was deeply resentful about the 10 minutes of my life spent reading this that could have been used to do, well, literally anything else. Now, my morbid fascination has me glued to my IPad, waiting to see how many pages this thread can go. OP, we owe you.
I hear you and feel the same way. Iā€™m going to hijack this thread. What is the point of a windshield? Does everyone use theirs especially now that there is a recall? Iā€™m thinking of taking mine downā€¦maybe replace with a transparent tarp which ironically would make a pretty good trunk liner

shark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
At $240 the Interior Protection Package includes the custom rubber floor mats and the trunk liner. It is a good value. I have the carpet mats still in plastic sitting in my garage. I will sell them to you for $100 ;)

Seriously though, I will always go with the rubber floor mats and trunk liner on all my vehicles at that price. You don't have to make a decision to haul a bag of manure, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that you could have a spill from groceries in the rear, or a bottle of shampoo, or something else one day. It's cheap insurance and its a lot more convenient than driving around with a tarp in the rear. If I find myself somewhere needing to use the mobile charger one day, it's not going to kill me to remove the liner to get to it (I bought the FCCS so the mobile charger use would be emergency use only for me).

Profeprods

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Select AWD
Occupation
College Professor
Country flag
My Select MME (purchased at a dealership) did not come with the Mach-E rubber mats so I ordered a set asap. Why? Because the rain here in the Pacific NW makes for muddy feet and fallen leaves being tracked into my new car after a trip to the pumpkin patch with my teens. Oh, and then thereā€™s the occasional snowstorm up hereā€”salt and dirt on rubber boots after a hike or whatever. Lastly, I golf and play in a menā€™s baseball league. We play in the rain up this way so wet gear loaded into the bag of my MME is not a good look. Just sayinā€¦

Bottom line: some of us have a lifestyle (and weather patterns) that make having rubber mats nothing short of a necessity.
Sponsored