OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
This thread is special. We should all nurture it, maintain it, and ensure it never dies.

+1 To the pro trunk linter team. I have the WeatherTech one... way easier to clean than trying to clean something carpeted. But you all knew that already... including, I suspect, the OP.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
This thread is special. We should all nurture it, maintain it, and ensure it never dies.

+1 To the pro trunk linter team. I have the WeatherTech one... way easier to clean than trying to clean something carpeted. But you all knew that already... including, I suspect, the OP.
I would never buy a WeatherTech trunk linter. I find that it does the opposite of what a good linter should do - and keeps things way too lint-free.

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
I would never buy a WeatherTech trunk linter. I find that it does the opposite of what a good linter should do - and keeps things way too lint-free.
I'm going to leave that typo there! 9 pages!

esmtll

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X (on order)
Country flag
Truly special thread.
1. “What’s the point?”
2. Receives a bunch of points.
3. “meh, not for me”
4. 9 pages later, still discussing personal preferences for something that is intentionally optional and non-destructive.

esmtll

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X (on order)
Country flag
Truly special thread.
1. “What’s the point?”
2. Receives a bunch of points.
3. “meh, not for me”
4. 9 pages later, still discussing personal preferences for something that is intentionally optional and non-destructive.
Oh, and the best part: folks offering up other planar objects/textiles they use to protect the interior of their cargo area as if that implies there is no point to a trunk liner.

Art

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retiref
Country flag
That trunk panel is completely removable. You can always take it out and clean it up. But even if you destroyed and trashed completely - I don't think it will be too expensive to just replace it?
Am I missing something?

I'm betting that replacing the trunk panel would be close to $100. I bought a WeatherTech rubber mat for $147. Fits perfectly over the panel. It has lips around the perimeter and collects any spills or leaks from the groceries. When it is dirty, I take it out and hose it down. Try hosing down the trunk panel.

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
RIP trunk liner thread. Miss you being in my top 10 in the mornings. It was fun while it lasted. You made me forget I still don’t have tic tac toe.

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
RIP trunk liner thread. Miss you being in my top 10 in the mornings. It was fun while it lasted. You made me forget I still don’t have tic tac toe.
The issue is solved. I'm very grateful to everybody who described their usecase and how their liner helps. Most of them make sense, except may be spilling groceries or sliding carton boxes. None of those usecases applies to me. So I'll go without a liner for now.....

Barno

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
The issue is solved. I'm very grateful to everybody who described their usecase and how their liner helps. Most of them make sense, except may be spilling groceries or sliding carton boxes. None of those usecases applies to me. So I'll go without a liner for now.....
Glad to hear we can help. Now, have you thought about seat covers? I have the light interior and will not be getting them because I put spillable groceries and cardboard boxes in the frunk. ;)

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Glad to hear we can help. Now, have you thought about seat covers? I have the light interior and will not be getting them because I put spillable groceries and cardboard boxes in the frunk. ;)
I thing I need, but most of them look so ugly....... May be I'll go with those grey sheep skin ones from costco. we'll see

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
In the end I weighed all pros and cons and decided to buy it. and it actually payed itself off in 3 months 🤞

Just rubbed off some grease from it. I have no Idea where it came from, but without the matt my trunk would be much uglier now.
Thank you everybody for a good and useful discussion

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
In the end I weighed all pros and cons and decided to buy it. and it actually payed itself off in 3 months 🤞

Just rubbed off some grease from it. I have no Idea where it came from, but without the matt my trunk would be much uglier now.
Lol after all that…. You got the point! Kudos!

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag

It's good to protect the original carpet but the plastic mats are so darn ugly and not needed in SoCal. Is there a carpet based alternative?
Sponsored