What is this in the center console storage?

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Where am I going wrong?

my menu does not align with the manual.

02D92E2D-89F3-4C4F-885E-1DF785EB1690.jpeg
I just had the same experience, I finally just tapped every item in the list until I found it under Locks like you did. My guess is that the User Manual was written, published and then a software update went out with the change.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Where am I going wrong?

"Audible Feedback" as listed in the manual is on the pictured screen.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Where am I going wrong?

The down arrow to the right of Walk Away Lock means there's a submenu under it. Hit that arrow, and it will reveal the Audible Feedback option specific to Walk Away Lock.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The down arrow to the right of Walk Away Lock means there's a submenu under it. Hit that arrow, and it will reveal the Audible Feedback option specific to Walk Away Lock.
Doh , but it’s all or none, no audible feature.
Ford Mustang Mach-E What is this in the center console storage? FAA5B733-B793-48DA-AA48-3E859375079D

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Doh , but it’s all or none, no audible feature.
Ford Mustang Mach-E What is this in the center console storage? FAA5B733-B793-48DA-AA48-3E859375079D
That's because you have it disabled. Enable Walk Away Lock and then you will have the option to disable Audible Feedback for it.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
That's because you have it disabled. Enable Walk Away Lock and then you will have the option to disable Audible Feedback for it.
But I tried that and it still honked the horn.

I will snapshot the info button that refers the option as for remote lock twice.

Maybe I’m going crazy, will play with it, thanks

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
But I tried that and it still honked the horn.

I will snapshot the info button that refers the option as for remote lock twice.

Maybe I’m going crazy, will play with it, thanks
You have Walk Away Lock enabled and the Audible Feedback setting under Walk Away Lock (not the main Audible Feedback further down) disabled? That should work.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
If your Key FOB battery dies, you place it in that slot to operate the vehicle so car can see the fob with NFC. This is particularly important if you don't have a start pass code setup as a backup.

Also used for FOB programming, such as setting up a MyKey.
Correct indeed. It was mentioned by a few other posters earlier in this thread as well.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You have Walk Away Lock enabled and the Audible Feedback setting under Walk Away Lock (not the main Audible Feedback further down) disabled? That should work.
I shut it off as it is a bit of a bug. Then the cover arrived for it and you need to leave the mirrors open on walk away as they work as stays for the cover (maybe they can close after without ripping the cover?). A bluetooth power off button on paak would be helpful. Honk off worked but the mirrors went in and stayed in once. Toggling the mirrors setting back to the default fold allowed them to come back out. Put it in drive, reverse and moved no go but the toggle in settings worked. It was good it reset itself and figured out where it was positioned. Not back to the dealers with no side view mirrors. No cover on now and still on auto-fold but the second test coming up. Thinking of turning the horn on again without the mirrors. It is not as easy to know if locked on walk away while covered and no horn and mirrors. Disable it and hit lock? Just let the wife's auto lock will work.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Enabled or disabled, does not add any menus. If you disable the audio feedback when enabled it does not stop the honk. Only way I see so far is to turn it off all together (walk away).

Unless there is a way around this? Can someone test this and let me know if I am doing something wrong? I am usually really good with this stuff and this is something fairly simple.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Enabled or disabled, does not add any menus. If you disable the audio feedback when enabled it does not stop the honk. Only way I see so far is to turn it off all together (walk away).

Unless there is a way around this? Can someone test this and let me know if I am doing something wrong? I am usually really good with this stuff and this is something fairly simple.
Can you post a pic of your settings with Walk Away Lock enabled? Here's what mine looks like. The option in green is only there when Walk Away Lock is enabled, and it disables the honk with Walk Away Lock. The option in red disables the honk for all other locking events.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What is this in the center console storage? 1616931516366

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Can you post a pic of your settings with Walk Away Lock enabled? Here's what mine looks like. The option in green is only there when Walk Away Lock is enabled, and it disables the honk with Walk Away Lock. The option in red disables the honk for all other locking events.
my first reply in the thread was going to be "open the menu, that's what the arrow is telling you - it's a menu... it's in there..." but I forgot that there were two settings... so I deleted that one. should have kept it I guess. ?

that one "hidden" in the menu is for sure the setting (the green one). I have the "red" one on and the "green" one off and it behaves as described - walk away doesn't honk, other things do.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the "red" one on and the "green" one off and it behaves as described - walk away doesn't honk, other things do.
Whoa, whoa, woah stop the clock. GoGo, your car has arrived? Did I miss the big announcement?
Sponsored