What is this thing that fell off?

Brofessional

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GR86, 12 Accord, 18 Yukon, 21 Mach E GT
Country flag
Pretty bad when you get called out in every thread you post in.

Maybe you can tell us what this “current” perfect vehicle(s) is? Because of the 30 or so vehicles I’ve owned, they ALL have had some “issue”.
It’s my understanding that his “perfect car” is a Nissan Leaf if you can believe that.

He claims forum goers for that EV never had “this many issues,” but he drives a car with class action lawsuits over it’s high voltage battery failures/degradation. And yet here he is trying to clown on a car for a camera washer cover getting pulled off while washing the car.

If he’s a troll I guess that’s just an expected part of any Internet forum. If he’s not and he actually believes his delusions it’s kind of sad I guess.
Sponsored

Brofessional

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Actually, from 1987 to 2016 I owned 5 Chrysler minivans. One of the minivans had a recall on the squeaking front motor mount, the final one needed a new head gasket on a recall. 2 out of 5 is a record I'd be proud of.

In those 29 years I spent less than $700 on repairs, brakes and tires aside. I was without a vehicle a total of 6 days in 29 years.

My 2016 Mazda CX-5 has had zero problems, but you DO have to carry a fob to drive it, so there's THAT!

Cars can be built with no need to visit a dealer for other than scheduled maintenance.

This is definitely a beta tester. No doubt about that at all, considering that dealers are stopped dead in their tracks when presented with a problem. They haven't finished writing the repair book. We're helping them do that.
Your 2016 Cx-5 was in its fourth year of production, built in Japan by one of the more reliable car manufacturers in existence, and has one of the most reliable engines ever produced.

If you thought a first production year new platform that is Ford’s first EV with new infotainment, new safety suite, new OTA update capability was going to have fewer or even a similar number of issues as a cx-5 then you made the wrong purchase my friend.

The only manufacturer that would even be considered to have a shot at no teething issues on a new platform this different from anything they’ve produced before is Toyota, but even they had issues with 1st gen Prius battery failures, power steering (which was new) failures, etc. They ended up recalling like 50k of them.

And here you guys are complaining about a camera washer cover like it’s equivalent to space x rocket blowing up on the launch pad.

OP
OP
RedStallion

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
It’s my understanding that his “perfect car” is a Nissan Leaf if you can believe that.

He claims forum goers for that EV never had “this many issues,” but he drives a car with class action lawsuits over it’s high voltage battery failures/degradation. And yet here he is trying to clown on a car for a camera washer cover getting pulled off while washing the car.

If he’s a troll I guess that’s just an expected part of any Internet forum. If he’s not and he actually believes his delusions it’s kind of sad I guess.
Congrats, you win the award for the dumbest post on the month. ?

Brofessional

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats, you win the award for the dumbest post on the month. ?
So that post was in reference to vaca, who frequents these forums to complain about how many “issues” the Mach e has even though he neither owns nor intends to own one. He jumped in the thread to troll, and the post I replied to was one calling him out for it. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression.

You’re post I thought was exactly what these forums should be—a place to share experiences, good or bad, and help each other out. For what it’s worth, I had no idea what that thing was, and I’m glad you didn’t glue it back either. ?

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Your 2016 Cx-5 was in its fourth year of production, built in Japan by one of the more reliable car manufacturers in existence, and has one of the most reliable engines ever produced.
You did note the 29 years of Chrysler minivans.... The '87 was first gen and preformed flawlessly over 100K miles.

Ford's been in business for 100+ years. They build as many F-150s alone per year as Mazda builds in total in 4 years. I expect a smaller car company to have problems and I expect a legacy car maker to release a car that lets you open the door with the supplied fob every time, keep the radio turned off in the garage overnight, and if they tell you their app will allow you to open the door, it should open the door.... or at least give you a second fob when it doesn't

The wide range of minor annoyances on this forum are so far mostly minor and spread across a lot of vehicles, but the best way to trash a company's reputation is to spread a wide range of minor annoyances across a lot of vehicles.

The second best way is to send your customers to a service department that hasn't been trained properly.

I HOPE someone at Ford, other than the techs hoping to save their jobs, are reading this forum and taking notes.

First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'96 Cobra, Prius, Ford F750, Premium Mach-E
Occupation
Broker, Realtor
Country flag
While wiping the front camera I accidentally pulled a tab next to the camera and a small plastic part fell off. I have no idea what it is for and how to put it back. Do you know what that is? I have a temptation just to glue it back and pretend it never happened, but first want to hear good ideas from the forum experts.

This is where it was

1626216799553.png

And this is how it looks

1626216909896.png
Not sure if you ever got this fixed but the same thing happened to mine. "Someone" (not me) was looking at my car trying to open the Frunk and pulled it off! I found the part number for it to order a new one. Someone on another thread said you can install it when the wiper stick comes out and you can clip a new one back on... LJ8Z-17C526-BA

OP
OP
RedStallion

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Not sure if you ever got this fixed but the same thing happened to mine. "Someone" (not me) was looking at my car trying to open the Frunk and pulled it off! I found the part number for it to order a new one. Someone on another thread said you can install it when the wiper stick comes out and you can clip a new one back on... LJ8Z-17C526-BA
I did install it back. You need two people, one in the car holding the lever to activate wipers/washer, and one in the front installing this cover while the snout is out. It takes a few seconds.

Kopytka

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range
Country flag
Can anyone who has installed this piece (or seen it installed) advise if it just "snaps" on? I've obtained the proper part for my car, just nervous about breaking it (or the sprayer) by attempting to install it (and doing so incorrectly).

Thank you!

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
No, it's not a sprayer. Hard to say what it covers, perhaps some control block. What's surprising is that it's so flimsy, it can be broken by something as simple as pressure washer. I think I'll just glue it back and try to seal around the corners to prevent water from getting in there.
Yes actually it is a sprayer, when you activate the windshield washer it activates a small sprayer that pops out and sprays the front facing camera. This is very well documented and there are videos of it on YouTube if you want to see it in action for yourself like this one.

Kopytka

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry to (almost) double post, but really hopeful someone who has had to re-install (or replace) this piece can shed some light on how it attaches to the sprayer?

I've gone through a good amount of wiper fluid (having someone hold the wand on the wash setting so the sprayer head pops out), lol, and can't figure out how it snaps or pushes on. Obviously don't want to break the cap or the sprayer itself.

Part of me is concerned that I may be missing part of the sprayer head, itself ... but not sure how to confirm that.

Kopytka

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wanted to report back, for any folks in the future that stumble across this thread, that I was able to pop it back on.

Big shout out to member @Nklem (whom I messaged after seeing a post, in another thread about this topic).

Took a pair of needle nose pliers, taped them up with a bunch of masking tape (to protect the paint around the hole), and grabbed as far back as possible on the sprayer. There are two little "ears" that have holes in them that seat on two small "posts" on the sprayer head. Holding the sprayer head out, you simply bring the cap (on an angle) and slightly torque it on to the posts on the head of the sprayer. Once it seemed seated, I carefully let the sprayer retract back into the car and the hole I'd been living with for months was finally covered!

In any case, I was a bit timid (as I said, I didn't want to force/break anything) but after a first hand account from @Nklem I finally went ahead and did it.

Total time to install: 45 seconds
Sponsored