Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Atlas CrossSport, Tundra
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I received my 2022 MME Premium standard AWD on 7/13/22. I was lucky enough to find this canceled order, that I took over, and only paid 2.5K ADM on (TOTAL: 55,075). I remember being told by the sales person that my max range would be up to 270. When I received the car, first full charge showed 209 at 100%, second full charge showed 223 at 100%.
My question is what trim/battery do you have and whatā€™s your best range? Also, does range improve with driving, as to how you drive it?
Sponsored

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I have gone about 280miles on a full charge from 100% to 5% during a road trip earlier in the spring. Mileage to empty on the display changes based on driving habits and environmental conditions and rarely reflects what you can actually get out of the charge. It should update for your habits though over the course of a few days, but you can also reset the trip logs to ā€œstart freshā€. 210-240 is common winter range depending on your average temp and 260-290 is common summer range for a premium 4X.

Congrats on finding that great deal!

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
GOM (Guess O Meter--the range displayed in the car) is highly dependent on exterior temperature and how you drive it.

In colder temps (e.g. winter or freezing or below) you can expect 30-40% range loss.

Driving it gently can increase range (e.g. no fast starts and low speeds <50mph) somewhat.

In summer my RWD California Route 1 (here in Michigan) can read up to 350 miles on the GOM.

In winter my same car might show 220.

Fordmaybe

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No ford yet
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
I received my 2022 MME Premium standard AWD on 7/13/22. I was lucky enough to find this canceled order, that I took over, and only paid 2.5K ADM on (TOTAL: 55,075). I remember being told by the sales person that my max range would be up to 270. When I received the car, first full charge showed 209 at 100%, second full charge showed 223 at 100%.
My question is what trim/battery do you have and whatā€™s your best range? Also, does range improve with driving, as to how you drive it?
You have a standard battery not a extended one correct?

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag
Sounds like they quoted you the range on the Extended battery and you have the standard battery. Your rated range is 224, not 270. Range improves with lower speed and less AC/heat use.

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
201-204 miles at 85% charge on my ā€˜21 select. 228-237+ at 100%. I commute ~ 90 miles RT per day. Average 3.5 miles/KWh in n 25K miles.

KidGalahad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Select
Country flag
22 AWD Select. Typically, I donā€™t charge higher than 90%, and it usually shows 165-170 miles at 90%. I normally get between 2.6-2.8 mi/kWh. Occasionally I get close to 4 on shorter trips around town. Interestingly, I reset one of my saved trips at the dealership and it shows 3.0 mi/kWh for the roughly 4800 miles Iā€™ve driven the car.

I have to admit, Iā€™m fascinated with the AWD select owners who talk about 230+ miles of range. Iā€™ve even seen 260-270 reported. I drive my car very conservatively most of the time, and the temperature in Oklahoma is consistently over 70.

OP
OP
stephanieag88

stephanieag88

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Atlas CrossSport, Tundra
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
You have a standard battery not a extended one correct?
Yes that is correct and it seems I was told the wrong range but Iā€™m loving the car so far. It gets me where I need to go and some with the range that I have, it just would have been nice if I found an order with an extended range battery lol. Otherwise Iā€™m very grateful!

Fordmaybe

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No ford yet
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Yes that is correct and it seems I was told the wrong range but Iā€™m loving the car so far. It gets me where I need to go and some with the range that I have, it just would have been nice if I found an order with an extended range battery lol. Otherwise Iā€™m very grateful!
I feel ER battery may be over kill depending on daily drive and how often you actually road trip if you a charging at home each day or twice a week

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium ER Mach E, '21 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Currently on day5 of ownership of a Premium ER RWD. Spec sheets say 303mi of guessed range. At purchase (14mi on ODO) it was reading 310mi of guess. I've been trickle (Level1) charging to 90% max and we've only depleted it to 76% so far so it currently has a lot to learn from itself and its drivers, but it currently sits at 88% with a guess of 277mi or 314mi at 100%.

CONGRATS on only paying 2.5K ADM! Dealers within 200mi in NoCal were nothing less than $8K ADM on an SR battery SEL model.

OP
OP
stephanieag88

stephanieag88

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Atlas CrossSport, Tundra
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I feel ER battery may be over kill depending on daily drive and how often you actually road trip if you a charging at home each day or twice a week
Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been told, and Iā€™m blessed to have a plug installed in my garage so I donā€™t have to go anywhere to charge other than home.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Not necessarily: With the larger battery you'll go through less total cycles on it over the life of the car reducing degradation.

We don't road trip it much--only used a DCFC further than 100 miles away once--but the ER has been great. In the summer can drive it like an ICE: Just drive it until 25% or so and fill up overnight (this usually lasts me about a week so I plug in about once or twice a week).

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag
22 AWD Select. Typically, I donā€™t charge higher than 90%, and it usually shows 165-170 miles at 90%. I normally get between 2.6-2.8 mi/kWh. Occasionally I get close to 4 on shorter trips around town. Interestingly, I reset one of my saved trips at the dealership and it shows 3.0 mi/kWh for the roughly 4800 miles Iā€™ve driven the car.

I have to admit, Iā€™m fascinated with the AWD select owners who talk about 230+ miles of range. Iā€™ve even seen 260-270 reported. I drive my car very conservatively most of the time, and the temperature in Oklahoma is consistently over 70.
That's because their average mph is probably lower than yours in Oklahoma. If I'm driving in traffic in DFW, I'll get 3.8-4.0 mi/kWh easily.

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
Currently on day5 of ownership of a Premium ER RWD. Spec sheets say 303mi of guessed range. At purchase (14mi on ODO) it was reading 310mi of guess. I've been trickle (Level1) charging to 90% max and we've only depleted it to 76% so far so it currently has a lot to learn from itself and its drivers, but it currently sits at 88% with a guess of 277mi or 314mi at 100%.

CONGRATS on only paying 2.5K ADM! Dealers within 200mi in NoCal were nothing less than $8K ADM on an SR battery SEL model.
8K ADM on a SEL in Nor Cal - Seriously?! This is another data point leading me to consider selling my ā€˜21 AWD SEL after the recall and warranty work is done and put an order in for a ā€˜23 premium in August.

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
GOM (Guess O Meter--the range displayed in the car) is highly dependent on exterior temperature and how you drive it.

In colder temps (e.g. winter or freezing or below) you can expect 30-40% range loss.

Driving it gently can increase range (e.g. no fast starts and low speeds <50mph) somewhat.

In summer my RWD California Route 1 (here in Michigan) can read up to 350 miles on the GOM.

In winter my same car might show 220.
My range on a CR1 ER RWD is very similar to JamieGeek. After 3300 miles I consistently get 350 miles at 100%. Yesterday I reached 375. The GOM seems to comport with odometer miles, plus I drive the speed limit, weather conditions are ideal, and I try to use one pedal drive optimally. Iā€™m not an obsessive hypermiler.
Sponsored