What is your most annoying feature(s) of your MME????

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I wish there was a way to put a "button" to open the rear liftgate on the status bar of the main screen all the time. Four steps to open it is just dumb!
Wish granted. There is a way. It’s as easy as programming a modification to the main screen. It’s just software.
Sponsored

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Funny you mention that -- I actually just discovered that screen yesterday when my wife was asking about the AC, and I turned recirculating on because that's how I like it with this hot Memphis weather. Had to turn it on again this morning, and then when I got back in my car after my errand, I noticed a smell enveloping the cabin (not faint, but actually overpowering) and thought, "It must be something going on in here, because I turned recirculating on!" But nope, it had turned itself off again. Maybe it has something to do with Auto being on, maybe the car just thinks it knows what's best for you in that mode.
Agree. Love the car but the climate system needs a lot of tweaking. The 'auto' function worked perfectly in my previous 'smart' Fords and Lincolns. In the Mach E, Defrost and E-Heat radomely and suddenly come on full blast because the car thinks I should need it. Ford's even aware it does it because they have a note in the owner's manual. Let me decide, Ford. I can handle it.

IB_NYC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext. Range
Country flag
1. IPC buzz noise
2. Wireless phone charger barely works - wonder if that can be improved via OTA update?
3. Need to hold my phone up to the car for it to unlock when using PAAK.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Wireless phone charger barely works - wonder if that can be improved via OTA update?
What type of phone do you have? There are a few recent model phones that are not on the compatible MME Qi charging list.

IB_NYC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext. Range
Country flag
What type of phone do you have? There are a few recent model phones that are not on the compatible MME Qi charging list.
Pixel 3 -- it works but it has to be placed down a very specific way and then any kind of movement it loses charge.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Pixel 3 -- it works but it has to be placed down a very specific way and then any kind of movement it loses charge.
Too much movement potential I guess. I asked because the iPhone 12 series isn’t on the MME Qi charger compatible list although mine does charge. A fix for those like you would be nice.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
2. Wireless phone charger barely works - wonder if that can be improved via OTA update?
It works fine for my Z-Fold 2, maybe because it's so long that it fits snugly in the cubby, but the charging is dog-slow and can't handle streaming + navigation for a long road trip. Fast wireless charging, like with the cheapo $15 Insignia wireless charger I have at my desk, would have been much appreciated for a car this advanced.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
The only annoying “features” I can think are:
* The seat auto adjust (aka Fat mode), it does not adjust to the set location after turning on the car. It stars moving into position and then stops. May I’m too fat and triggered something.?

* The e-heat turn on a few minutes after turning the AC. Dry weather, no condensation. I manually turn it off just to see it coming back on again and again.

* Carplay only Connects when it wants to. Tried cable, wireless. Could not find the trick to make it work 100% yet. Moving to climate control and back to carplay causes it to show the black screen with the car play icon in the middle. The audio works, but no image.

I expect them all.to be corrected by software update. Nothing major, but annoying.

Now you can add my post to the fire ?

Deleted member 3569

It is the loud honk whenever you leave the vehicle w/your key fob or iPhone and the vehicle is still on. I would have preferred a discreet chip instead of the loud honk !!! I was able to disable the audible feedback feature, but not when you leave the vehicle while it is on. May I am missing something ???
PS: Since I got my Infinite Blue MME everything in her works flawlessly, of course at the Lilliston Ford located in Vineland without wireless coverage and poor facility's internet it was just agonizing to do the initial set up, the salesman was truly embarrassed but once I got back to Bergen Co. everything just miraculously snapped in place!

Last edited by a moderator:

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It would be nice if the Vehicle / Camera view could switch between front and rear views. Yes, my 2918 Bolt allowed me to switch back and forth between front and rear. It was great for parallel parking.

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
It's infuriating that with the key fob in my pocket the car locks when going to the opposite side to open the door for my wife. Then I have to unlock it, sometimes confusing the car. I'm literally within a foot the entire time.

Or leaving the car on, with wife and kids in the car the horn honks when going inside a gas station, etc. Forgetting to pull the fob out of my pocket, the car honks at me. I know the car is running, I don't need to be treated like a child telling me it is.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
4) The FordPass app alerting me that "MME is at Home. You may want to plug in now" with a five minutes delay, every time I return to the house. Also the "Accidental Unplug" alert when I unplug my car. I want to know if there's an actual accidental unplug. Maybe Ford can disable the alert if I press the disconnect button before unplugging my charging cable?
Ford is just very caring for drivers with dementia. The app also frequently asks to confirm that you are not driving ... while the car is parked and connected to the charger ?

EV Behr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer soon Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Truck driver
Country flag
I’m still waiting for it. ????

CarsIMBwife

First Name
Rosie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4x
Occupation
Retired Data Analyst
Country flag
If the lights are set to on (not auto) when I leave the car the chimes repeat, but there is no indication of what the car is complaining about, I have to guess. Either tell me what all the noise is about AND/OR reset them to auto. Thinking of how the car goes into park automatically. Small thing but pesty. :rolleyes:

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Funny you mention that -- I actually just discovered that screen yesterday when my wife was asking about the AC, and I turned recirculating on because that's how I like it with this hot Memphis weather. Had to turn it on again this morning, and then when I got back in my car after my errand, I noticed a smell enveloping the cabin (not faint, but actually overpowering) and thought, "It must be something going on in here, because I turned recirculating on!" But nope, it had turned itself off again. Maybe it has something to do with Auto being on, maybe the car just thinks it knows what's best for you in that mode.
This is how all of my Ford vehicles have functioned. The recirc would stick, until you turned on Auto. When auto is on I had to turn on recirc manually every time.
Sponsored