What level 2 charger is everyone purchasing for home use?

Snowrider69

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I have a ChargePoint Home Flex and received a $300 credit (Amazon gift card) from my power company. They also provide a discount quarterly (Amazon gift card) for charging after hours (11pm - 6am). So far so good. I had the plug in option installed in the event that I had an issue so I can use the mobile charger as a backup. Also qualifies for up to 30% federal tax credit, Charger and install about $1,400 before credits.
Sponsored

Scrannel

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport Diesel. Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Screenwriter
Country flag
In Los Angeles Country, not only can an owner self-install, but the power co gave me a $1000 just for proving I was driving an EV. I've been using a 14-50 NEMA for a couple of years and it's been more than adequate. Oh yeah, my install cost me $80.

Sagacity

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT/PE, 2015 Limited Edition Mustang GT 0146
Occupation
Network Administrator
Country flag
I'm going with the Emporia EV charger. Great price and does up to 48 Amps. Also works with their other energy monitors.
Emporia EV Charger

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I'm going with the Emporia EV charger. Great price and does up to 48 Amps. Also works with their other energy monitors.
Emporia EV Charger
Has this made it to production where anyone's been able to test it or have had feedback on it? All I've seen is a review by....themselves? in which...surprise theirs is the best! That doesn't sit well with me personally.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Waiting on our Grizzl-E. Have an existing 14-50 the I use for an RV but plan to relocate it to be more convenient for the Mach E. Conduit and wire will probably run me $150-200, DIY here too

MarleysMME

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I had an extra outlet put into my garage and I've been using the charger that came with the car and haven't felt like I'd ever need more than that.
Same here. I had a NEMA 14-50 outlet installed in the garage and I have been using the charger that came with the car. No problems after 2 months.

Also, save your receipts. You get a tax credit of 30% of the amount you spend installing alternative fueling equipment up to $1000. (See IRS 8911)

AFVolt

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
A shout out to the GE WattStation. It’s only 30A with 7.2kW and a “dumb” charger. But I got it for my Chevy Volt knowing it was over speced for what the Volt could accept. But I got it to try and “future proof” my purchase of a new vehicle later.

9 years later it’s still operating without any problems and have I have had no issues using it with my Mach-E! The Mach-E completes charging before the expected time that FordPass says it should.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I'm starting to think I'll just end up giving the mobile charger a go since I already have 240v. Since it came with the car I wonder if I could claim the full 1000k tax credit for the Ford Mobile EVSE (and Mach-e included in price)

MaineSailor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 SAAB 9-5, 2021 Mach E SR Premium
Occupation
Marine Engineer
Country flag
Got a Grizzl-e "dumb" charger - Avalanche edition which includes the longer cold-temp cable. Bought direct from the Canadian maker. Ran 50 feet of 6 gauge cable, installed a 50 amp breaker in the panel and a 14-50 outlet in the garage. Not difficult if you have some engineering skills. 40 Amps of charge capacity, and the factory charger stays in the car. Looking forward to the Feds picking up 30 percent of the total cost!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Since it came with the car I wonder if I could claim the full 1000k tax credit for the Ford Mobile EVSE (and Mach-e included in price)
I very seriously doubt if that will work, and it's begging to get yourself audited.

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
I'm starting to think I'll just end up giving the mobile charger a go since I already have 240v. Since it came with the car I wonder if I could claim the full 1000k tax credit for the Ford Mobile EVSE (and Mach-e included in price)
That's a good way to get yourself a free Audi-T.

Tesla Wall Charger + TeslaTap.

If Tesla just had the ability to produce vehicles like they did the powerwalls, they'd be doing better.

Sounds like a fan-boat while charging, but she charges fast, and the thing's pretty.

TeslaTap I got from Amazon, and just bring tiny zip-ties with me when using a destination charger. Salty Tesla drivers don't carry multi-tools.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I very seriously doubt if that will work, and it's begging to get yourself audited.
That was my attempt at sarcastic humor.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Got our Grizzl-E a couple of days ago and the wife and I scrounged around and built this for it with parts we had lying around. We did purchase some 1/2" plywood, conduit and wire to move our existing outlet. Cost $221 to move an existing outlet some 15' from its original location around the corner to the right.

Came out nice, I think, needs some stain to make it blend in to the house. We were hoping for something that didn't look like we stuck a couple fo square boxes on the front of the house.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What level 2 charger is everyone purchasing for home use? IMG_1921
Sponsored