Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
What do you heat up? The spoiler or the trunk or both?
doesn't hurt to heat both to a warm, not hot, temp. both lose their heat fast though so I just heated the tape on the spoiler.

I'm certain the issue with the other poster was an issue with technique and materials used for removal. That was abrasive damage, not paint lift...and the spoiler, once installed, does not move at all.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I've been wanting the @AOSK V2 in black, but have had reservations since a thread posted here a couple of months ago that showed paint damage when taking it off.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/aosk-rear-spoiler-warning.26360/

In that thread, the OP used the V1 and said that the edges weren't smooth. So, that may address my concerns, if the V2 fixes that.

I've also read other posts that suggest taking off the standard tape and replacing it with 3M automotive tape for better and stronger fit.

My plan would be to leave it on and taking it off would not be an issue, BUT:
  • Make a plan and listen while God laughs.
  • Damage made, even if not visible, because the spoiler is left on, can cause paint bubbling, chipping, etc.
Has anyone here had any issues with the AOSK V2? Any comments or thoughts on the finish of the edges that are close to the paint?
It comes with 3M tape.

Only chip I have was caused by me during the install.

On the thread you posted above, AOSK addresses the concerns.

The tape should be the only thing touching the car and then you won’t have an issue.