What rims will fit the OE 20" tires (tail wagging the dog)?

jznd400

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT Grabber Blue
Country flag
I mounted winter tires on my OEM 20" GT rims for ski season and with summer approaching need to swap back. I'd prefer to find a set of rims that fit the original tires, which are brand new. The OEM GTPE wheels look good but I haven't spotted any sets for sale without the tires. Any other options? Seems most people buying new wheels are taking the opportunity to go a bit wider. I've searched but apparently I'm the only person letting the tail wag the dog!
Sponsored

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
The stock 245s should fit on anything between 8.0" and 9.0" rims. You might be able to go wider but would be pushing the fitment pretty hard. I'd say 8.5" would be ideal.

OP
OP

jznd400

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT Grabber Blue
Country flag
Thanks, I'd done that with my ICE sports cars but wasn't sure if that was a bad idea given the weight of the Mach E. But I guess half an inch shouldn't be a big deal!

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
I mounted winter tires on my OEM 20" GT rims for ski season and with summer approaching need to swap back. I'd prefer to find a set of rims that fit the original tires, which are brand new. The OEM GTPE wheels look good but I haven't spotted any sets for sale without the tires. Any other options? Seems most people buying new wheels are taking the opportunity to go a bit wider. I've searched but apparently I'm the only person letting the tail wag the dog!
Take a look at this:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/showcase/stuffing-275s-into-a-gtpe.111/
Sponsored