DiscWiz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, F250
Country flag
My build date is tomorrow!!! For those of you who have already been down this road what will change? What happens when it is done and when will I be able to configure the vehicle? This is getting very real.....

Thanks!

David
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
My build date is tomorrow!!! For those of you who have already been down this road what will change? What happens when it is done and when will I be able to configure the vehicle? This is getting very real.....
What will change? Well...

Though subtle, your anxiety will increase. A little more sweat, a bit more concern over the well being of its makers, a bit less sleep.

Weeks from now, you'll be wondering... When will it be released to shipping? When will it arrive to its new home?

Then once you get it, well I don't know. I've not yet reached that stage of the process. But I can just imagine you'll be planning out new journeys to break in the saddle on your new horse.

Relax. :)

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag

Thanks!

David
the only thing that will change is your frustration that the car hasn't shipped as soon as it's done.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

Thanks!

David
Your patience will be tested. It will be approximately 6-10 days from the build date to have your build complete -this based in what we have been hearing on this forum. Some sooner and some much later than that. It appears the plant is clearing backlog from last part of Dec so your build may be delayed due to it but lets hope it gets done in about 10 days. Then you wait for shipment. The VIN tracker will update when build is done and when shipped but the timing of the updates has been all over the place - some updated immediately and some after some delays. So your patience will be tested.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Thanks!

David
If you have Ford Pass app installed on your phone you might get a message asking you to connect. Don't try it.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
If you have Ford Pass app installed on your phone you might get a message asking you to connect. Don't try it.
Seriously though @SnBGC is right - all the excitement of getting that message does not result in any real outcome

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Seriously though @SnBGC is right - all the excitement of getting that message does not result in any real outcome
Maybe for you!

I foolishly tapped it and was informed that I now just needed to confirm authorization from the vehicle display.

Oops! One tap is all it takes. There's no wizard or any further steps on the phone.

Luckily, someone at the factory was kind enough to reject my request.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What Should I Expect on My Build Date? Screenshot_20210107-093648 blurred

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Maybe for you!

I foolishly tapped it and was informed that I now just needed to confirm authorization from the vehicle display.

Oops! One tap is all it takes. There's no wizard or any further steps on the phone.

Luckily, someone at the factory was kind enough to reject my request.

Screenshot_20210107-093648 blurred.png
HAha - nice. Yeah for me I did not click it - because i know the vehicle is not yet built for also the App did not show the remote setup button for a long time - so its nice to just see it there and I am afraid I will not see it again if I click it :) I mean I did setup parameters like Whisper/Unbridled etc but did not click send to vehicle.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Your patience will be tested. It will be approximately 6-10 days from the build date to have your build complete -this based in what we have been hearing on this forum. Some sooner and some much later than that. It appears the plant is clearing backlog from last part of Dec so your build may be delayed due to it but lets hope it gets done in about 10 days. Then you wait for shipment. The VIN tracker will update when build is done and when shipped but the timing of the updates has been all over the place - some updated immediately and some after some delays. So your patience will be tested.
I posted in another thread, but if it helps......original build date for me was 12-14-20, after New Year, changed to 1-6-21.....yesterday (Sat.), dealer called saying car was built, he had all the dates for "in trim", "in paint", etc, that we don't have access to on the trackers......and BTW, as of this morning trackers have not changed, still say "in production".....no ETA from the dealer yet.....

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Sure it does. Congratulations. You’re one step closer. Your car is about to be built.

Mluu510

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw golf
Country flag

Thanks!

David
Expect more waiting ?

Miatagreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3. BMW Z4. MACH-E PREMIUM IN 2021
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Thanks!

David
When did you reserve?
When did you order?
(Trying to project my delivery--thanks!)
Sponsored