Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Can job 1 not get the lightning fob? I picked one up for $120 and works great. 2022 model though
The first purchaser of an F150 Lightning key owned a ‘21 Job 1 IIRC. He had to flash the proper software on his car (BCM firmware CORRECTION: GFM) using FDRS before the frunk release button would work. The ‘21 Job 1 cars do not have the requisite software to release the frunk lid electronically without intervention via FDRS. The whole joke about the frunk release is that the software has been on cars since the introduction of the ‘21 Job 2, available via FDRS for many months, but there is no OTA for it where Ford has released several games in that time. 🤦‍♂️🐩

EDIT: And @Jimrpa will still not have the software when it eventually is released in 2034. 😱🐩
Sponsored

Last edited:

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
I have one of those expandable garden hose bags with the three headrests from the back seat in it.

99% never have anyone back there (in the close to 2 years of ownership, have only had 2 people back there) and with the headrests removed, the back view is enormous!

/and lets the back seats fold down easier.

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRV, GolfR, MDX, Sienna, RX350
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I leave my 2 soccer benches in the Frunk. I went with the MME over things like the EV6 and Ionic5 because the cargo space could hold all the other gear. Adding the benches for games and tournaments would affect the rear view, so the frunk is great!

emichnov

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
So who actually uses their frunk for practical, non shrimp on ice purposes?
I use it for my snow brush (keeps moisture out of the cabin and there's a drain in the frunk!). I also store all those damn reusable shopping bags that tend to end up all over the car in my other cars. Just for this purpose alone, the frunk it worth it!!

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Reading through the comments, they all seem like very good ideas (love the V8). I've had my MME for over 2 years and other than filling the washer fluid, I don't open it. I'll have to look at adjusting the stops as I have found some difficulty closing it without a harder than I like slam. My problem is that parking to go into a store generally is nose first which makes it difficult to get to if there is car in front of me. And my second issue is I park nose first in the garage and due to its size, I can't get to the front (too close to the wall). I do like the idea of keeping cleaning supplies in there like paper towels, rags / cloths, and some window cleaner. That rear spoiler over the back window can sure create quite the dust collection on the window. I'll have to consider the idea, but keeping it all from thrashing around in there when I drive, so I guess a bag with padding and hold in place. Maybe as I get used to it being there, that will open other possibilities that I wouldn't have thought of otherwise.
If you have a 21, which it sounds like you do, you probably want to start parking nose out, not nose first. If your HVBJB dies on you and you’ve parked nose first, you may not be able to tow it out of the garage since there are no rear tow points. We’ve seen a couple of bad incidents here related to a Mach-E dead in the garage nose first.

It took me a while to get comfortable with backing into my garage, but I can do it now with my eyes proverbially closed. I just sleep better knowing if the HVBJB dies after I park, it can be towed out without issue.

OP
OP
axelheimer24

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
I use it for my snow brush (keeps moisture out of the cabin and there's a drain in the frunk!). I also store all those damn reusable shopping bags that tend to end up all over the car in my other cars. Just for this purpose alone, the frunk it worth it!!
After 10 pages of comments, someone finally nailed a use case that resonates for me. I’m more of a minimalist and my car is pretty empty at all times, but I do have a snow brush, umbrella, and reusable shopping bag sliding around in my trunk. I’ll move them to the trunk first thing in the morning!

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
After 10 pages of comments, someone finally nailed a use case that resonates for me. I’m more of a minimalist and my car is pretty empty at all times, but I do have a snow brush, umbrella, and reusable shopping bag sliding around in my trunk. I’ll move them to the trunk first thing in the morning!
I am with you both on the snow brush, gonna move mine. But umbrella you want to be opening as you exit car, I have a black compact tucked into my door pocket.

OP
OP
axelheimer24

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
I am with you both on the snow brush, gonna move mine. But umbrella you want to be opening as you exit car, I have a black compact tucked into my door pocket.
The umbrella is rarely used… half the year Buffalo is too cold to rain and the other half it’s too windy for an umbrella. You learn to wear waterproof outerwear.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
This thread is going to make me want to do an oyster sack(s) run. I can probably find a lining (insulation) for when you post, stationary. Dump the oysters in frunk.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I keep my spare/ emergency charger in there. Also, have an extra bottle of RainX wiper fluid

OffGridDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Occupation
Technologist
Country flag
My bugout bag of course!
I live next to two major earthquake faults and several others smaller ones nearby with nearly 100% chance of a major quake in next 30 years.
My Frunk is stuffed with three days of food & water, water purification, camping equipment, ability to make a camp fire, hiking boots, first aid kit, and extra clothing just incase I need to walk the thirty-two miles home one day.
Also, I have tools for fixing stuff.

Mablanc

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Can job 1 not get the lightning fob? I picked one up for $120 and works great. 2022 model though
Could try, but I think it would be wasted $ at this stage. I have tried the door code trick to pop the frunk open - nothing. Not sure the hardware is enabled. I have asked my dealer, but they do not know anything about frunk hardware or future upgrades for 2021 MachEs.

Thank you for the recommendation.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
It's getting warmer over here in the New England! On the topic of using the frunk with a cooler, has anyone managed to find a soft-sided cooler bag with a good fit for the MME's frunk? I just want to pop the frunk after a mountain bike ride and serve up a few beverages to my friends. Some Tesla examples that would be really "cool" to have with the MME:
Ford Mustang Mach-E What the Frunk? Share how you use your frunk 1679662222309

Ford Mustang Mach-E What the Frunk? Share how you use your frunk 1679662382349