TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I keep an emergency roadside kit in there, a blanket, box of Kleenex. I also put takeout food in there when I don’t want the smell in the cabin.

I do use the trunk/cargo area for groceries, but I otherwise keep it empty of “normal” trunk stuff like my roadside kit so I don’t have to rearrange anything when I want to put my gravel bike in there for a ride.
Same here. I consider the frunk the infrequently-opened junk drawer and use the cargo area for groceries and other frequent use because it's so much easier to access with the foot kick. I use these velcro organizers to keep things from sliding around. They work great (Amazon).

Ford Mustang Mach-E What the Frunk? Share how you use your frunk 20220512_154520

Ford Mustang Mach-E What the Frunk? Share how you use your frunk 20220512_154455(1)

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
The frunk is amazing for holding a propane tank, or a pony keg, lay them on their side, they dont roll or move, and you dont have to worry about scratching, smells or leaks.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
The frunk is amazing for holding a propane tank, or a pony keg, lay them on their side, they dont roll or move, and you dont have to worry about scratching, smells or leaks.
And if you fill your frunk with ice, your pony keg will be nice and cold when you get to your destination 😀

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I’m pressing the physical trunk button on the car or FOB.
Wait, you carry the key fob with you? That’s quaint. I haven’t touched that since the first day.
I love the Frunk! I keep everything in there that I would normally have out in the trunk. Do I open it all that often, no, but that doesn’t mean I don’t use it, and I would never buy an EV without one.

Heres what I have in the Frunk now.
- 2 days worth of clothes and toiletries, also a fan because I can’t sleep without one.
- Jacket
- Car cleaning supplies
- Toolkit & flashlights
- First Aid Kit
- Washer Fluid
- Obligatory jumper cables (not for the MME I hope)
Ford Mustang Mach-E What the Frunk? Share how you use your frunk 1678371363096

JRB100

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mustang Mach-e Select (C/T pkg) 10/10/22 build
Occupation
Retired educator
Country flag
well ill tell ya but you wont believe me. so my parents do deer processing during hunting season and so have all this meat processing equipment. so..... I decided i was gonna go to a bulk beef seller buy lots of bulk meat take it to them and cut it up and vacuum seal it and freeze it to save a few hundred bucks. well I didn't have a cooler or anything and decided that well im gonna fill the frunk with the meat and put ice on it as the only live about 30 mins away. well thats what i did.... yeah you should of seen the looks i was getting throwing hunks of meat under the hood of my car from gas car owners who didn't know any better what was up there. most redneck think ive done in a while but at least it was in a proper ford LOL. then i packed it all back in the frunk and brought it home LOL. vegans look away......
forgot to take pics in frunk but here is the result. and if anyone in wester NC needs deer processed next hunting let me know LOL. we country in these parts.
The ev keeps saving me money saved about 220 dollars off grocery store prices.

Mmmmmmm... Keto/Carnivore mouth watering

Harlaquin72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I marvel everyday at what an odd nut I am. Other then when im in the car and specifically doing something I keep zero anything in my car. there is nothing in the frunk the trunk the center console or even glove compartment. I keep my cars totally empty of anything. IM the only one I know who keeps exactly nothing in my car. it might be because I buy my cars to basically go around corners on two wheels LOL and cant stand crap sliding around or the extra weight of a few hundred pounds in the car of stuff taking away from mileage and wearing tires faster.

my mother in law on the other hand. typically you cant even get in her car with out a 15 min session of clearing things out.

Think if i read correctly my gt has a power to weight ratio of right near one HP per pound.( i could do the math but eh LOL ) So for every pound of stuff I have in my car I effectively loose 1 hp in performance. yeah I cant have that I paid for 480hp I want to use them :) long story short unless needed my frunk trunk and anything else stays empty and unused :) it has to effect range as well Im sure all the weight.... extra stress on the motors and so on.

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
As many have said, takeout food to keep the smell out of the cabin, muddy items, and usually bags on a small grocery run. I like backing in so the frunk is more convenient.
I honestly like using it more right now because it’s different. Maybe the fun will wear off eventually.

JDrazMME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Star White MME Premium Ext Batt AWD
Country flag
19 months in and I never used the Frunk. These comments are a great read though, very entertaining. I find it especially funny how many people put take out food in there because it smells bad? I don't think I eat food that smells bad to me because it would taste bad too. The Nose Knows!

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Think if i read correctly my gt has a power to weight ratio of right near one HP per pound.( i could do the math but eh LOL ) So for every pound of stuff I have in my car I effectively loose 1 hp in performance. yeah I cant have that I paid for 480hp I want to use them :) long story short unless needed my frunk trunk and anything else stays empty and unused :) it has to effect range as well Im sure all the weight.... extra stress on the motors and so on.
That would be impressive, but...No. 480 HP, 4920 pounds = 0.0976 hp/pound...

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
I choose to exercise my Fifth Amendment rights on the grounds that my answer may incriminate me.

Lloydian

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Bookkeeper
Country flag
When I go to Costco, the frunk is perfectly sized to keep my eggs from moving too much in transit. I also transport crushable stuff like bread up there. Cases of soda, boxed goods and meats go in the back of the car.

njb

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red 2023 GT
Country flag
I marvel everyday at what an odd nut I am. Other then when im in the car and specifically doing something I keep zero anything in my car.
I also do not keep things in my car. I just like a clean car. I keep all the paper work in the glove box and a tire pressure gauge. That's about it.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
19 months in and I never used the Frunk. These comments are a great read though, very entertaining. I find it especially funny how many people put take out food in there because it smells bad? I don't think I eat food that smells bad to me because it would taste bad too. The Nose Knows!
my issue with takeout is the grease from leaking pizza or chinese boxes. So I keep a scrap of cardboard for my front seat to absorb it, I dont use the frunk cause it would cool it too much in winter. I do put groceries in their winter, that way you can keep items cool and you can do other errands with meat, milk or frozen items.

joes723

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE IBSM "LITHEUM"
Country flag
The frunk is extremely convenient! It can fit about 4 cases of Truly and a grocery bag, or 2 cases of Truly and a 12 pack of Pacifico and a grocery bag, or 1 case of truly a pack of Pacifico and two grocery bags of snacks! Ask me how i know lol 😉😆
Sponsored