IBGroggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Battery
Country flag
Reading through the comments, they all seem like very good ideas (love the V8). I've had my MME for over 2 years and other than filling the washer fluid, I don't open it. I'll have to look at adjusting the stops as I have found some difficulty closing it without a harder than I like slam. My problem is that parking to go into a store generally is nose first which makes it difficult to get to if there is car in front of me. And my second issue is I park nose first in the garage and due to its size, I can't get to the front (too close to the wall). I do like the idea of keeping cleaning supplies in there like paper towels, rags / cloths, and some window cleaner. That rear spoiler over the back window can sure create quite the dust collection on the window. I'll have to consider the idea, but keeping it all from thrashing around in there when I drive, so I guess a bag with padding and hold in place. Maybe as I get used to it being there, that will open other possibilities that I wouldn't have thought of otherwise.

SaintPaulMustangMach-E_GT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
IT Manager
Country flag
The Frunk is the BEST! I wish the Bluetooth would connect so I could open it quicker.
#1 the frunk is an invisible safe; nobody will see your Laptop bag in your Frunk.
It's like the FORT Knox of car security for valuables.

agdad

Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
Ive got my Ex's body in there......wish it had a vent in there as she is starting to smell ! 🎚

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Ive got my Ex's body in there......wish it had a vent in there as she is starting to smell ! 🎚
vent in the bottom, the guts are dripping out also, you are fine.

I had mine as a cooler once on a hot day, a stream of water everywhere I went, someone was like "umm, your car is loosing a lot of fluid" I was like "I am trying to keep the beer cold for a party" I just jumped in and sped away, I basically felt like batman

Mablanc

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have owned my MME for two years and have used the frunk only twice on golf trips to put shoes, hats and smaller items - keeping the trunk for the clubs.

I would likely use it more if I had an easy access button (job 1, so nothing yet). I can see using the frunk in winter to put grocery items that need to stay cold :)

MarkM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E, RWD, SR, Premium
Occupation
retired
Country flag
We keep tools, snow brush, hazard reflectors and flashlights. In cold weather, extra warm clothes.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I was thinking of preteen / teen boys. My two older brothers once locked me into the family couch while parents were at a show downtown. Looking at the frunk, I'm having flashbacks...

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
I really don't use the frunk much. Actually I don't think I've used it once to put anything in.

I opened it at the dealer before purchasing the vehicle then opened it again two days later to show my father in law. That was three months ago and I haven't opened it since.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I used it once to install my air suspension gear in (Dual compressors, air tank and controller). That lasted all of one month now it’s empty again.

69625FD2-62B7-4F11-B625-66463EA70034.jpeg

zoerubin

First Name
Marjo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E SEL RWD
Country flag
I use my Frunk to store my exercise gear.: Yoga mat, yoga blocks, Indian blanket. Also, my purse when doing volunteer work where purses cannot be secured. I love this feature!

Arsenic17

First Name
Arsenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT 2023 Vapor Blue
Country flag
I have owned my MME for two years and have used the frunk only twice on golf trips to put shoes, hats and smaller items - keeping the trunk for the clubs.

I would likely use it more if I had an easy access button (job 1, so nothing yet). I can see using the frunk in winter to put grocery items that need to stay cold :)
Can job 1 not get the lightning fob? I picked one up for $120 and works great. 2022 model though

Christina

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Country flag
After a little over two months of owning my MME I still have never used the frunk, nor have I pressed the coveted frunk release button that seems to be the source of so much frustration for job 1 owners. What am I missing? Pulling my phone out to open the frunk does not seem convenient, nor does entering the car. If I have bags in my hands, I’m pressing the physical trunk button on the car or FOB. So who actually uses their frunk for practical, non shrimp on ice purposes?
I use my frunk for items I may need in an emergency, shoes, a blanket, etc.

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME AWD EXT, 2013 Yamaha Stryker
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
Haha, love these threads.

Still using my frunk storage to keep my paraglider setup complete with helmet, harness, paraglider wing, electronic flight deck, UHF/VHF radio, and reserve parachute. :)

We have quite a few windy days, here in San Diego. Sometimes it calls to me.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What the Frunk? Share how you use your frunk frunk
Sponsored