axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
After a little over two months of owning my MME I still have never used the frunk, nor have I pressed the coveted frunk release button that seems to be the source of so much frustration for job 1 owners. What am I missing? Pulling my phone out to open the frunk does not seem convenient, nor does entering the car. If I have bags in my hands, I’m pressing the physical trunk button on the car or FOB. So who actually uses their frunk for practical, non shrimp on ice purposes?
Sponsored

CA RTE 1

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RTE 1 ER, Escape, and Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have yet to use my frunk as well, however I cannot recall a need for its use. I do use the trunk and that may be in part. . . habit.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Seasonal road items which would get otherwise lost in the basement (and be therefore useless at need). Snow chains in their bag. Wheel chocks. Secondary multi-plug charging cord - the old EVSEUpgrade from 10+years ago. Folding snow shovel. SnoBrum. Car trim panel tools. Emergency expandable reflective road cone and reflective road triangle. 1st aid kit from my old BMW. Some Bitcoin...

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Seasonal road items which would get otherwise lost in the basement (and be therefore useless at need). Snow chains in their bag. Wheel chocks. Secondary multi-plug charging cord - the old EVSEUpgrade from 10+years ago. Folding snow shovel. SnoBrum. Car trim panel tools. Emergency expandable reflective road cone and reflective road triangle. 1st aid kit from my old BMW. Some Bitcoin...
...and of course my good drivin' whisky.

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
Man I really don't understand the people that never use their frunk... We use it all. The. Time. We go on a lot of trips camping and put the sleeping bags and pillows and our clothes bags in there which leaves more room in the back for cooler and food and wood and other stuff.

And sometimes we camp in the back and keep our clothes in the frunk for sure.

And then of course the leftovers after dinner in the frunk to not stink up the cabin.

Inflatable kayaks go in there when we're done so we don't get the back of the car all sandy.

Last edited:

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
First party it was full of ice and some white wine.
Milk and frozen goods, as many groceries as possible.
It was awesome loading up two years ago, people wouldn’t believe what they were seeing.

cross border, the border guard looks in the trunk, “you didn’t but much”
nope!

gardening stuff, smaller plants.

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
I use it all the time. We do a lot of outdoor trips so helps w all the extra gear. This ski season has been great - I've fit two adult and two smaller kids ski boots, three helmets, goggles, gloves, in there - leaves plenty of room in the trunk for suitcases, jackets, and my wifes tendency to bring and entire supermarket to the ski house....

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Of note, our frunks are at least twice the size of the 2020 Audi E-tron's frunk. E-tron owner Sonny Boy is jealous...

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
For starters, anything you do not want to smell or risk spilling in the car...gas can, fertilizer, small potted plants, gym bag after working out, etc.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
If we went camping, I'd use it. If thenkids got muddy, I'd use it. If we drove to the beach, I'd use it. If my takeout smelled ao bad I couldn't stand it in the car, I wouldn't use it, as I'd get takeout somewhere else. ;)

I park nose in so it's inconvenient to acces. Opening it is a 19 step process no matter what method you use (though I do like the door panel code action). I just don't use it because I just don't need to enough to be worth the effort. Didn't use it in the Tesla, either.

It does currently hold my kid's sparring gear, because he only needs it once a month. Of course, every time he does need it I'm not taking him, and we forget to get it out...

Reactions: RLW

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Groceries. Pretty much anything that fits that I need to bring into the house.
Sponsored