rachitsh

First Name
Rachit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E4X CA Route 1
Country flag
All our camping gear goes in there including tent, sleeping bags, and camping chairs.
Sponsored

Harlaquin72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT
Country flag
well ill tell ya but you wont believe me. so my parents do deer processing during hunting season and so have all this meat processing equipment. so..... I decided i was gonna go to a bulk beef seller buy lots of bulk meat take it to them and cut it up and vacuum seal it and freeze it to save a few hundred bucks. well I didn't have a cooler or anything and decided that well im gonna fill the frunk with the meat and put ice on it as the only live about 30 mins away. well thats what i did.... yeah you should of seen the looks i was getting throwing hunks of meat under the hood of my car from gas car owners who didn't know any better what was up there. most redneck think ive done in a while but at least it was in a proper ford LOL. then i packed it all back in the frunk and brought it home LOL. vegans look away......
forgot to take pics in frunk but here is the result. and if anyone in wester NC needs deer processed next hunting let me know LOL. we country in these parts.
The ev keeps saving me money saved about 220 dollars off grocery store prices.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What the Frunk? Share how you use your frunk IMG_20230224_180239

Ford Mustang Mach-E What the Frunk? Share how you use your frunk IMG_20230224_180245

Last edited:

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I keep all sorts of stuff in the frunk. Tools, first aid kit, tow strap, jump battery (for others, not for my car, obvi), emergency supplies, windshield washer liquid, spare hats, walking sticks, gloves, snow socks (alternative to snow chains for the larger tires of the GTs), etc. It's super helpful to have all this stuff right there, easily accessible (I have the F150 Lightning key fob), ready to go. As a result the back of the car is uncluttered and yet I'm ready for pretty much anything...

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Portable charger, tools, emergency gear, etc. Anything I don't use often but don't want to not have when I need it. It's full.

Darauk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT PE, 2020 F-150, 2019 Altima
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I keep an emergency roadside kit in there, a blanket, box of Kleenex. I also put takeout food in there when I don’t want the smell in the cabin.

I do use the trunk/cargo area for groceries, but I otherwise keep it empty of “normal” trunk stuff like my roadside kit so I don’t have to rearrange anything when I want to put my gravel bike in there for a ride.

larryk

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium on order
Country flag
Is there an official weight limit for the frunk contents?

OP
OP
axelheimer24

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
Lessons so far:
1) I’ve been unnecessarily stinking up my car with take out
2) I’m not prepared for an emergency
3) I have ICE privilege, as we use my wife’s Subaru Accent for skiing, camping, road trips, etc.
4) I’m overpaying for my meat

MBCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E AWD ER, Infinite Metallic Blue
Country flag
So the frunk is 4.7 cubic feet. We know that Ford has promoted using it to hold ice for beverages when tailgating.

Wolfram Alpha says that much ice would weigh 270 pounds. If we assume they filled it to 80% capacity to leave room for drinks and 20% of the volume of the ice part is air space that means the frunk holds 173 pounds.

So the answer is, we don’t know.

ponEpwr

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE, F-150
Country flag
100' heavy duty extension cord. In case I have to charge off 110v in an emergency or something.

And an absorber car shammy thing. I think that's all that in there .

hprose

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250 and a Mach-e on order
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
After a little over two months of owning my MME I still have never used the frunk, nor have I pressed the coveted frunk release button that seems to be the source of so much frustration for job 1 owners. What am I missing? Pulling my phone out to open the frunk does not seem convenient, nor does entering the car. If I have bags in my hands, I’m pressing the physical trunk button on the car or FOB. So who actually uses their frunk for practical, non shrimp on ice purposes?
Swimming pool stuff like acid, chlorine, salt or cans on paint. Food that may have liquid that could spill. I even have a small box in my garage for taking up extra space. Gas “cans” for the lawnmower. Use your imagination

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
Charger, extension cord. Occasionally I've use it for food to stay cool, and once for a suitcase when the back was packed full. It's just not terribly convinient to open/close, and it's the perfect spot for the charger (which I don't use often).

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I often use it for takeout food, a couple of grocery bags, or my tools and other supplies. Just last weekend I had 3 gallons of paint, my dirty drywall tools, and my tool belt in it. I figure it's better to get paint or joint compound in there rather than in the body of the car. It's also just right for a few grocery bags; it keeps them upright so they don't fall over and spill.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Lessons so far:
1) I’ve been unnecessarily stinking up my car with take out
2) I’m not prepared for an emergency
3) I have ICE privilege, as we use my wife’s Subaru Accent for skiing, camping, road trips, etc.
4) I’m overpaying for my meat
We also have ICE privilege as we take the RV camping (if we could tow the Mach-E we would. We do drive it when camping within 2-3 hours drive--its the limit my wife is willing to drive the Mach-E).

My Frunk: A roll of paper towels. I occasionally open up the frunk to re-roll them up because, with all the bouncing around they do its like a cat unrolls them. That's it.
Sponsored