Maxwells4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select RWD + CTP, IBSM
Country flag
I find it especially funny how many people put take out food in there because it smells bad? I don't think I eat food that smells bad to me because it would taste bad too. The Nose Knows!
It's not necessarily because it smells bad. When I bring home pizza, the smell lingers sometimes for days, but it just makes me hungry and I'd rather not smell it even though it's a pretty good smell. Maybe pizza is the worst because the box isn't sealed.
Actually that's one complaint about the frunk, it's not quite wide enough for a large pizza box. I did put pizza in there once at kind of diagonal angle. I got away with it, but I don't think I'd do it again.

The other option for takeout of course is to put it on the passenger seat and turn the seat heater on...
Sponsored

mashedpatatas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E
Country flag
When parking in downtown of a major city, I put everything on the frunk, everything.
Backpacks, paper bags, food, bottled water, basically anything that a random homeless person might find attractive.

troublebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium EXT AWD, Infinite Blue
Occupation
Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
My DJI Mini 2 "frunk drone" in a hard case. My work/tech backpack if I'm going to leave my car unattended and don't want my bag sitting where it can be easily snatched from the back. Firewood when necessary, anything dirty/stinky I need to transport, etc.

Reactions: RLW

West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD, ER,06 Duramax,16 Acadia Denali
Country flag
I've used the frunk twice for actually hauling things. First time was bringing home some Thai, and not wanting to stink up / lose the new car smell. Second, was a bigger than expected Costco run with kids in the car too and had to overflow into the frunk.

I now have it pretty much full with:
- Get home bag
- This is a backpack I've always left in my cars that has a spare change of clothes, toiletries, fire starter, flashlight, cell phone charging stuff, multi-tool etc. The idea being if I got stranded and was within a days walk home I'd have some basics. I've found it most useful for the change of clothes over the years when something spills/happens/you get wet, having a spare change of clothes is really nice.​
- Kids bag
-We have 3 & 6 yr old kids. So in all our cars we have a dedicated bag with wipes, spare clothes for them and the most coveted "restaurant tote" which includes a variety of toys, games, puzzles, coloring books etc. that are unique to that tote (ie they don't have a version in the house to keep it "rare and engaging" that our kids get to select one or two items from when we go into restaurants. It's KEY to allowing Mom and Dad an enjoyable time without just handing our kids iPads/smartphones, which we try and avoid as much as possible.​
- Car cleaning stuff
-I bought the 3 pack of wipes car cleaning kit from, Armor all that includes glass wipes, protectant spray, and wheel shine. Added some microfiber clothes as well, and use it to clean up interior messes my kids might make, and most recently clear off bird sh** on the hood. That stuff is acidic and will mess up your paint.​
- I bought one of those micro jump start packs from Costco. Figured it would be useful should the on boar 12v die, but not really clear if that would even be helpful. But it also has ability to charge electronics so kinda double feature.
I still want to get like a 100ft extension cord for a 110v charge opportunity, but considering how expensive a 10g one is ($140+) and that is a commuter car that I go a couple days between needing to charge, just don't know that I need it.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
After a little over two months of owning my MME I still have never used the frunk, nor have I pressed the coveted frunk release button that seems to be the source of so much frustration for job 1 owners. What am I missing? Pulling my phone out to open the frunk does not seem convenient, nor does entering the car. If I have bags in my hands, I’m pressing the physical trunk button on the car or FOB. So who actually uses their frunk for practical, non shrimp on ice purposes?
Ford Mustang Mach-E What the Frunk? Share how you use your frunk C18B1B44-C39E-456D-9CE5-7D042C0D2059

Irony, your name is Mach E….

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
+1 for an empty car.

I have a couple of grocery bags in the back, tire kit under the deck, a pack of gum and some masks in the center console, sparring gear in the frunk, and a tire gauge in the glove box. Aside from stiff the kids leave, it's otherwise empty. Not because I have a hard rule about leaving stuff in the car, there's just nothing I need to leave in the car.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Lightship L1: A Camper Trailer Designed for EVs | GearJunkie

For those wanting more towing capacity. Motorize the trailer - brilliant.
Hmm. Is that really safe to have the trailer be self-propelled, pushing on the trailer hitch? I suppose it depends on how it interfaces with the truck, so that it only lightens the pull rather than exceeds it. Sounds tricky.

It's also a lot of expensive batteries and motors tied up in what's commonly a low-use vehicle (a trailer). Also have to be concerned about maintaining the battery pack when the trailer is in storage for the off-season. Probably needs to have access to power for a regular trickle charge.

I think I'd rather have that extra (expensive) battery capacity in the truck instead.

COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
It’s useful for putting stuff in there that I’d rather not have in the cabin. I put my fire gear in there when I’m bring it back/forth to academy. Safe to say there’s nothing on my gear that I’d want in the actual car 😅 - best to keep it in the frunk.

Lola2004

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda pilot
Occupation
Travel agent
Country flag
After a little over two months of owning my MME I still have never used the frunk, nor have I pressed the coveted frunk release button that seems to be the source of so much frustration for job 1 owners. What am I missing? Pulling my phone out to open the frunk does not seem convenient, nor does entering the car. If I have bags in my hands, I’m pressing the physical trunk button on the car or FOB. So who actually uses their frunk for practical, non shrimp on ice purposes?
I have used mine frequently when
visiting farm supply, great for chicken manure, peanuts for the birds, steer manure etc, no snell in the car, easy clean up. And oh yes, fun smiles on the staff faces, I am now known as that guy with the awesome container!

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Smelly take out food.
BRILLYANT! I wish I would have thought of that when my wife decided we were picking up South Indian food. Thankfully I have a Ozone generator and have no issues pluggin it in in the driveway and letting it run for 30 min.

I keep kicking the frunk like the trunk but it don't open.. (sarcasm)

jjgallant

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E AWD Extended Range
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Country flag
Someone on here once mentioned taking out 2 of the 3 dividers in the Frunk. We did that leaving us with a Frunk divided into 2/3 and 1/3 space. In the 1/3 you can put 6 wine bottles or a 12 pack of beer bottles turned sideways. We never hear the clinking of bottles. The 2/3 space holds 2 reusable grocery bags side by side.

Last edited:

MABachE131

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT in DMG
Country flag
When the family packs up for vacation and we're headed to airport...
Suitcases in the back and carry on luggage in the frunk.
Also, the mowers gas tank when needs filled at gas station. Odd pulling up to gas pump in the Mach E...

Last edited:
OP
OP
axelheimer24

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
I almost have enough data for one of those Facebook style “which frunk user are you?” Quizzes:
  1. Always be prepared
  2. Life is dirty / stinky
  3. Junk in the frunk
  4. The minimalist
  5. We’ve got the meats!
Sponsored

Last edited: