Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Hey, it a mustang - had to drop a big V8 under the bonnet

20210405_075839.jpg
I had one of those in my frunk. Then one day when I was chilling i got thirsty. 🤪🐩

Ford Mustang Mach-E What the Frunk? Share how you use your frunk 5DC943F8-35E6-4075-8523-649845CBA824
Sponsored

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
I literally use my frunk as a trunk lol. It gives privacy, is pretty big and helps a lot in hauling take out food and not stinking up my car. Honestly, it is the best 'feature' of this car. Having the drain helps a ton as well for those days where I decide to take it to the beach.

The 2 main complains I have with it is that there is no automatic lift gate for it and it is a pain to close as it feels like I'm slamming my own car. I get weird looks from folks nearby whenever I do it lol. How do I explain them that for some reason that my brain can't fathom, Ford decided to not make it close by pressing on the hood if you didn't hit both the locks in the first try!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I literally use my frunk as a trunk lol. It gives privacy, is pretty big and helps a lot in hauling take out food and not stinking up my car. Honestly, it is the best 'feature' of this car. Having the drain helps a ton as well for those days where I decide to take it to the beach.

The 2 main complains I have with it is that there is no automatic lift gate for it and it is a pain to close as it feels like I'm slamming my own car. I get weird looks from folks nearby whenever I do it lol. How do I explain them that for some reason that my brain can't fathom, Ford decided to not make it close by pressing on the hood if you didn't hit both the locks in the first try!
The frunk lid can be closed by pressing on it if you only engaged the safety catch on the first attempt. 😊🐩

If you have to slam the lid, the stops are probably incorrectly adjusted from the factory. Readjust the outer corner stops until it will close without slamming. 🤷‍♂️😎🐩

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
The frunk lid can be closed by pressing on it if you only engaged the safety catch on the first attempt. 😊🐩

If you have to slam the lid, the stops are probably incorrectly adjusted from the factory. Readjust the outer corner stops until it will close without slamming. 🤷‍♂️😎🐩
Well off to the dealership when I return from vacation because I've never gotten it to work and just thought it was that way for everyone lol.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Well off to the dealership when I return from vacation because I've never gotten it to work and just thought it was that way for everyone lol.
No dealer trip needed. The stops can be adjusted by hand. Turn them both down a quarter turn at a time until you don’t have to slam the lid. Mine never needed adjusting, but I have seen a number of threads on the forum regarding the force it takes to close and this is the only solution I have seen. 😊🐩

agdad

Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
Not really a frunk comment but more of a trunk question.......
Since I gotten the latest update I am unable to find the command to open the trunk from the touch screen.
I loved that on the previous version and find it hard to believe Ford would do away with that.
Can someone tell me where it is now located ?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Since I gotten the latest update I am unable to find the command to open the trunk from the touch screen.
I loved that on the previous version and find it hard to believe Ford would do away with that.
Go to the screen with the drive mode selections. The Frunk (where applicable) and trunk release buttons are in the upper right corner of the car picture. They’re quite easy to miss

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Hit the settings button. It's on that first screen. 😊🐩

agdad

Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
Thanks Ill give it a shot tomorrow when I go grocery shopping

Roger tobin

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD Extended Battery
Country flag
I had one of those in my frunk. Then one day when I was chilling i got thirsty. 🤪🐩

Ford Mustang Mach-E What the Frunk? Share how you use your frunk PXL_20230312_203129920
I do that also when I go to Mustang car rallies and shows. It even gets the diehard geezer ICE mustang enthusiasts to crack a smile.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Are use it for putting a couple of blankets in there and transporting liquids such as large bottles of water, etc. but otherwise he ever gets used

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
Rope, chain saw, flares, winter gear, washer fluid, machete, new windshield swipes, duct tape, flashlights. Odd- but no “tools” perse, unless I’m Freddy Krueger ☠💀🤐

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Rope, chain saw, flares, winter gear, washer fluid, machete, new windshield swipes, duct tape, flashlights. Odd- but no “tools” perse, unless I’m Freddy Krueger ☠💀🤐
MacGyver called. He wants his frunk back.

SolarAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Writer
Country flag
I use the trunk as a cooler. If I buy a case of wine at the winery and need to transport it a long way, I can keep it cool in the frunk with a few ice packs. Also, I use it for security. Around Christmas, for example, when they say do not leave purchases in your car while you're out Christmas shopping, I hide them in the frunk. Or if I buy something valuable and it's in the car for a while.
Sponsored