AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
Yeah but TIRES?!! I mean sure, if I buy tires at a dealership, I expect to pay more. Especially if it's a Porsche dealership... Otherwise? Yikes.
If you want to get from 0 to 60 in 4.4 seconds, tires matter. When you want to stop from 70mph in 135 feet, tires really matter! I get my tires from Discount tire, they are the most reasonable cost. I have run Pirelli's and Michelin Pilot Sports, they cost about the same and both perform very well.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
If you want to get from 0 to 60 in 4.4 seconds, tires matter. When you want to stop from 70mph in 135 feet, tires really matter! I get my tires from Discount tire, they are the most reasonable cost. I have run Pirelli's and Michelin Pilot Sports, they cost about the same and both perform very well.
Cool. Yeah... I'm expecting that based on how I enjoy driving the Mustang, I've got to expect that I'll be replacing tires far more often than I did before.

Also I don't expect to be road tripping in snow or ice conditions... So I'll be looking into (fuel efficient?) summer tire options when these tires have worn out.

Joetz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e and Tesla model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Alex on Autos measured the stopping distance from 60mph at 110 ft.
Borderline dangerous.
Electric cars stop well because the motors use regenerative braking to slow the car down and motors respond to traction control systems fast. So the brakes don’t fade as much and the abs/traction control can respond much faster to keep tires at max traction.

I’ve had to do a few panic stops in the MME and the distances are short but it’s in spite of the tires not because of them.
Sponsored