What tires are cars arriving with

agoldman

Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 volvo xc60 Polestar Plug-in. Mach E FE & GT on order
Country flag
DC area has a lot of wet too, plus some ice and snow. The summer performance tires I have on my Volvo are the slipperiest tires I have ever driven on. hate them. I wouldn't mind changing the primacy for some better A/S, but not sure what would have good grip all around, but not much less range.

Advertisement

highland58

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity PHEV and 2016 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
IT
Country flag
DC area has a lot of wet too, plus some ice and snow. The summer performance tires I have on my Volvo are the slipperiest tires I have ever driven on. hate them. I wouldn't mind changing the primacy for some better A/S, but not sure what would have good grip all around, but not much less range.
The 225/55 R19 version would probably have slightly less range loss due to being more narrow so less wind resistance.

SebastienMachE

First Name
Sebastien
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastien
Vehicles
Dodge Journey
Country flag
The 225/55 R19 version would probably have slightly less range loss due to being more narrow so less wind resistance.
You mean « more » range, as they are narrower?

highland58

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
You mean « more » range, as they are narrower?
Hi, maybe I could have worded it better, slightly less range loss - less range loss than the wider 235/55 - so the better tire in the same size vs the better tire in a wider size.

In other words the 235 CC2 would have more loss than a 225 CC2, which would have more loss than the 225 Primacy. If I was doing a lot of road trips that might be more of an issue, but the MME will have way more range than the Clarity (in EV mode). I almost always replace stock tires on new cars, performance and braking distance are a high priority to me. YMMV (literally)
The CrossClimate2s look way nicer on top of that.

malba2366

Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Those have a lower load rating. May not be a good idea considering the car is pretty heavy.

235 50 19 may be a better option - closer to the original diameter so speedometer will be less off.

If the wheel is 7 inches thickness, then a different wheel is probably a good idea and then go to a 245 or 255 tire.

Last edited:

silverelan

Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Subaru Outback
Country flag
Hi, maybe I could have worded it better, slightly less range loss - less range loss than the wider 235/55 - so the better tire in the same size vs the better tire in a wider size.

In other words the 235 CC2 would have more loss than a 225 CC2, which would have more loss than the 225 Primacy. If I was doing a lot of road trips that might be more of an issue, but the MME will have way more range than the Clarity (in EV mode). I almost always replace stock tires on new cars, performance and braking distance are a high priority to me. YMMV (literally)
The CrossClimate2s look way nicer on top of that.
If you go this route, can you let me know where you took your MME and the deal you got? Thanks!

highland58

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Those have a lower load rating. May not be a good idea considering the car is pretty heavy.
Yes, I see the 225 crossclimate2 is substantially lower, thank you for pointing that out. I feel good about the 235s at 2039 lbs.

Michelin Primacy A/S 225/55R19 103H EXTRA LOAD
1929 lbs
The 225/55R19 CC2s 99H
1709 lbs
CROSSCLIMATE2 - SIZE: 235/55R19 105H XL
2039 lbs

Advertisement

Advertisement