Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 MDX Tech+SHAWD, 2017 GLE550e, 2021 Mach E
Occupation
Engine..Engineer,
Country flag
Bet you Jay Leno would get the part, next day
Agreed.. unfortunately, not all customers are equal. Waiting for a part for months - using the excuse of XYZ? Ridiculous. Bad planning, period.

BTW, I have done manufacturing, am managing a whole factory (I am president of the factory). I would fire the procurement manager(s), whoever responsible, if that happens to my factory.

JamesStew71

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e
Occupation
auto tech
Country flag
Thank you. I will definitely do that.
My earlier post was not meant derogatory or mean, new technology is going to have some issues, I feel for this owner, and hope ford helps them. But as purchasers ( even expensive cars) we all know there are some issues. As for me I am not doing the “software” my wife will drive till says pull over and then for can replace our contacter box. But I do feel for them. Hang in there , we luv ours

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Prem 4X (sold) and 2022 Space White GTPE
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Thank you for the advice. I think thats fair if i dont have the car by then.
When my original premium MME was in the shop for a bad drive motor (6 weeks to get the part and repair)....I got a loaner (Ford Edge - yuck)....and they gave me Debit card loaded with a 'car payment".......I actually didn't have a car payment - but they figured out would it might be had I financed, and gave me that.

mach_e_hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Yeah I feel for you.

I had my expectations misaligned when I had my mach e. When I went in for service I had to Uber myself around (I lived outside their 10 mile shuttle limit). For the glass recall I got shuttled to an enterprise and had to pay fuel and tax for a Kia Sportage.

The mach e was not a match for me, I didn't want fast I wanted a luxury experience.

Traded it in for a cpo e Tron prestige. Everything is what I wanted. I am taking it in for maintenance and I get a base model audi to drive around for the day.

Now is it a 1-1 match with a top trim etron SUV? Nope but it's at the dealership and hassle free.

What you are getting right now is a basic dealership experience, even though the car cost luxury money. I recommend considering the e Tron if it makes sense for you if you end up leaving Ford. This was one big reason why I swapped I don't trust Ford at all.

The mach e was the best car I have ever driven driving wise. But I wanted to feel like a passenger in the driver's seat it was not the right fit.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
No they didnt. My dealership send me to Enterprise for a rental and they gave me Rav4 after 2 hours waiting there. So i will drive basic rav4 and paying $800 per month for Mach e
Notify Ford Credit that the car is at the dealer for major warranty repairs after 4 days and you want your payments suspended until it is repaired..

Bmt-mache

First Name
BMT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
After waiting since November 2021 I received my car on 08/17 and had it only for 4 days before realize it came defective. On 08/18 my TPS broke (or came broken) and on 08/21 a message popped up saying
Limited performance due to hot battery.
After 3 days in the dealership they told me the chiller wasn’t working and its on back order and can take months until the car is repaired.
Btw the car was delivered on 68% charge the same percentage that i started to have overheated messages. Thats my first time buying Ford.

@Ford Motor Company

60F2FB75-D74C-4EF6-840E-4075F2CB4A76.jpeg
Sorry to hear that. I hope @Ford Motor Company is taking good care of you with the rental and hopefully either payment deferment or cancelation until your car is fully fixed and all tests passed.

I really like the car and believe it is the best crossover in the market in close comparison with super expensive Model "X" not Y. Having said that I am scared at this point as I also ordered in Nov 2021 and built the week of July 4th (probably around the same time as yours). I am also a first-time Ford customer. I have been using the 240V charger so far at home and have yet to use DC fast charger and so will drain the car to 10% next week and try DC fast charging to see how that goes.

Please keep us posted on your experience with getting the car as it should be in the first place.

Now having said this might be a question to the @Ford Motor Company or someone in the forum. This issue here is a DOA battery cooling system. Do they not have any End of line testing of the cars to check for functionality? I am assuming this problem could have been detected during this testing.

OP
OP
dnlsatriani

dnlsatriani

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Alright some update on my case. Yesterday i had i phone call from the guy who works on my case and he told me the part is shipped with estimated arrival of 09/02. He said he will call on 09/03 to see if the part is not here.
When i ask if they will take care of my upcoming payment he wasn’t very sure if this will happen.
3 hours later i had the guy from the service department of the dealership calling to tell me there is still no info on my part and he will have to check every day. Now i am little confused which one is the real info.
I know this can happen with all brands but i still don’t know whats going on amd how long will take to get my vehicle. Btw i dont know if only the chiller will arrive or my TPS too.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Alright some update on my case. Yesterday i had i phone call from the guy who works on my case and he told me the part is shipped with estimated arrival of 09/02. He said he will call on 09/03 to see if the part is not here.
When i ask if they will take care of my upcoming payment he wasn’t very sure if this will happen.
3 hours later i had the guy from the service department of the dealership calling to tell me there is still no info on my part and he will have to check every day. Now i am little confused which one is the real info.
I know this can happen with all brands but i still don’t know whats going on amd how long will take to get my vehicle. Btw i dont know if only the chiller will arrive or my TPS too.
The guy at Ford probably had the correct information. Shipping logistics is a funny thing. Creating a shipping label transmits that info to the carrier and the part (etc) is considered shipped at that time, even though it may be still sitting in Dearborn, Dagenham, Hermosillo or Timbuktu.

I know from personal experience that Ford is one of FedEx’s largest customers. They probably have the same status with UPS and a common carrier or five. From the sounds of the shipping time, this part is going via truck or train. Give it a bit of time. As for the car payment, the fact tgrr they’re balking might be a good sign, they anticipate a fix sooner rather than later. Still sucks though.

OP
OP
dnlsatriani

dnlsatriani

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Sorry to hear that. I hope @Ford Motor Company is taking good care of you with the rental and hopefully either payment deferment or cancelation until your car is fully fixed and all tests passed.

I really like the car and believe it is the best crossover in the market in close comparison with super expensive Model "X" not Y. Having said that I am scared at this point as I also ordered in Nov 2021 and built the week of July 4th (probably around the same time as yours). I am also a first-time Ford customer. I have been using the 240V charger so far at home and have yet to use DC fast charger and so will drain the car to 10% next week and try DC fast charging to see how that goes.

Please keep us posted on your experience with getting the car as it should be in the first place.

Now having said this might be a question to the @Ford Motor Company or someone in the forum. This issue here is a DOA battery cooling system. Do they not have any End of line testing of the cars to check for functionality? I am assuming this problem could have been detected during this testing.
I have the same question. Is there any quality control. I believe it should be.
Also dont get me wrong i love the car. I was smiling every time i drove this car for 4 days. The car is sexy, bold, premium, quick and feels like you are driving spaceship of course because is EV. Its my first driving electric and i will never come back to gasoline.

Addos

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach E AWD
Country flag
Do I understand correctly - The dealer and/or Ford are NOT covering the cost of the rental while your car is in the shop? I would be livid if my dealer told me that my car was going to be out of commission for a warranty repair for 2 months and told me I was on my own for a vehicle for that period of time! I’d be fine having to pay for fuel for an ICE, and I’d try to cut some kind of deal for something halfway decent (there really isn’t such a thing in rental fleets these days and I get that), but I’m not paying for a vehicle and if my car is out of commission that long, it would be a nice gesture if Ford Credit “paused” my loan or something (but to be honest, I wouldn’t expect that).
Oh, and if your car really IS going to be out of commission that long, call your insurance agent and see if they can lower your insurance on the vehicle temporarily since it’s just sitting there unused.
My car has been out of commission for a month now due to the SSN issue. And the dealer I had to tow it to didn't give me a rental/loaner. And to make matters worse, I had to find transportation back to the city I live in. So yeah, these dealers don't seem to give a rat's ass. Only just now this dealer might have the parts after they were supposedly "expedited". But still no ETA on when the work itself will actually be complete. Not the best experience for such an expensive car I'm still making payments on, and haven't been able to use.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Man I could go ON AND ON about how bad Ford/Lincoln service is and how good others like Audi, Mercedes, and Porsche are. I've never had a BMW or had to bring one to service so I can't speak on that.

Yet for some reason I keep buying Fords. What the hell is wrong with me?
In reality when you buy a BMW or Mercedes or Porsche you pay more. A lot more. That extra payment is for great service should you ever need it. In effect, it's like an insurance policy where you pay for something you may never use. If you can afford that then go for it. I choose to roll the dice and not buy that insurance.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
In reality when you buy a BMW or Mercedes or Porsche you pay more. A lot more. That extra payment is for great service should you ever need it. In effect, it's like an insurance policy where you pay for something you may never use. If you can afford that then go for it. I choose to roll the dice and not buy that insurance.
Not sure if I agree honestly. New Fords with options similar to the level of a premium brand really aren't much less expensive. In some cases I think they cost more. You can buy two Porsche models for less than I paid for my Mach E. Granted non EV...and there are obviously tons of Porsche models well more expensive. Same with the other "premium" brands.

Having spent probably 6 months with my various Fords in service getting fixed in the past 10 years I understand what it is and I still keep buying Fords. Maybe I'm crazy. I'll still complain though until it gets better. Or until Porsche offers all the vehicles I need (dually truck? LOL) and I can afford to own all Porsches lol.

OP
OP
dnlsatriani

dnlsatriani

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Totally agree but there are people reporting the same issue with expensive brands too due to shortage. I guess nothing is the same anymore and how much money you spend doesn’t matter anymore. I hope if somebody works for those brands and reading this to share here their policy and how they will handle such a case. Lets say i had Mercedes EQS , Taycan, i4 or E-tron how you guys will handle this if my car came with broken part from the manufacture. We found out in best case scenario Ford put you in whatever rental they have and cover your monthly payments.
Sponsored