Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Self
Country flag
After waiting since November 2021 I received my car on 08/17 and had it only for 4 days before realize it came defective. On 08/18 my TPS broke (or came broken) and on 08/21 a message popped up saying
Limited performance due to hot battery.
After 3 days in the dealership they told me the chiller wasn’t working and its on back order and can take months until the car is repaired.
Btw the car was delivered on 68% charge the same percentage that i started to have overheated messages. Thats my first time buying Ford.

@Ford Motor Company

60F2FB75-D74C-4EF6-840E-4075F2CB4A76.jpeg
THERMAL BOTTLE NECK, yet another side effect of the Ford battery heat sink design?

Addos

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach E AWD
Country flag
Let's also keep in mind, Ford doesn't want cars to need warranty repairs. It's costly for them and bad for the brand. I think that certain choices were made in the development, testing and design that could have been better. The problem with producing anything that people use is that if you sell enough of them, there will be instances of failure of the tool to operate correctly. The problem with producing a tool where there are a bunch of different competing interests with different motivations inside the large entity that creates it is that they may release something that isn't quite ready for prime-time or that corners had to be cut to even get the tool out in a timely manner. All this is to say that releasing your first version of a brand new type of tool (the Mach-E) has to be difficult, and failures are bound to be more common than a traditional ICE mid cycle vehicle.

We all wanted to be part of this exciting new phase of Ford's evolution, even if we didn't really think of it that way. These are some of the downfalls. It's still an amazing vehicle. It's not for everyone. But it sure seems to tick a lot of boxes for a lot of people.
This wouldn't have been as much of a problem if Ford were on it's A-Game with helping us when sh*t fails. But they most certainly haven't been for me. Roadside was a dumpster fire. The dealer has had my car for more than a month, with no ETA. I had to get my own transportation home to a different city because they refused to give me a loaner or rental. And they didn't suspend my car payments. Plus this dealer was too incompetent to know it didn't know wtf it was doing with this car, and had to be forced to get help from corporate to even do the right thing. So yeah, they pretty much have been screwing the pooch, and are telling me, to f*ck off. I am not happy in the slightest. And to make matters worse, I am not even convinced replacing this part or updating this software will even really resolve the issue. Seeing posts of people still having the car fail even after having had both done. I think they are undercalculating the damage to the brand this kind of crap is doing.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
This wouldn't have been as much of a problem if Ford were on it's A-Game with helping us when sh*t fails. But they most certainly haven't been for me. Roadside was a dumpster fire. The dealer has had my car for more than a month, with no ETA. I had to get my own transportation home to a different city because they refused to give me a loaner or rental. And they didn't suspend my car payments. Plus this dealer was too incompetent to know it didn't know wtf it was doing with this car, and had to be forced to get help from corporate to even do the right thing. So yeah, they pretty much have been screwing the pooch, and are telling me, to f*ck off. I am not happy in the slightest. And to make matters worse, I am not even convinced replacing this part or updating this software will even really resolve the issue. Seeing posts of people still having the car fail even after having had both done. I think they are undercalculating the damage to the brand this kind of crap is doing.
Hey, I am sorry for your experience. That's really crappy, and it seems like such a roll of the dice with the dealership experience, I agree. I do have one question, can you link to someone reporting having the HVJBC replaced with either the B or C variant who has had a subsequent failure? If the HVJBC was just replaced with the original variant (A), I would expect failure, as it's the same underspecced part.

OP
OP
dnlsatriani

dnlsatriani

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Alright some update from my case the part arrived on 08/31 but now the car is sitting there and nobody work on it. I called today to ask. They told me tomorrow will be ready but cannot confirm. The tire pressure sensor still shows on my app.

mada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Ford has dropped the ball on this vehicle. I've had a similar experience with everything the OP has stated. This has been my first ford experience and will be my last. I can't wait to get the car back, to get rid of it.

Ford has systemic infrastructure issues and pays lip service about returning the vehicle to customers. I have a case opened with ford CX and have escalated my case for close to a month now. Not a phone call or email was received from their team. I always have to call, and they can never get ahold of my CX agent assigned to me. For those who are on the waitlist. Get out now. You'll thank me when you eventually have to get your car serviced with how many issues these cars have.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Call the Ford Bev handler for your case. Tell him/her to start the buy back process. Pursue your state’s lemon law process if they don’t do that. Get something else after that if you’re really that unhappy. Life is too short to be that annoyed.

Addos

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach E AWD
Country flag
Call the Ford Bev handler for your case. Tell him/her to start the buy back process. Pursue your state’s lemon law process if they don’t do that. Get something else after that if you’re really that unhappy. Life is too short to be that annoyed.
Well supposedly, the latest update is that they are putting the car back together now, and "running tests". Supposedly that means it is close to being done. They are supposedly giving me some money to compensate for my crappy roadside experience, and will supposedly pay a month of my car payments. So I guess they are trying. Just frustrating how painful this whole thing has been. I will see how soon I end up getting the car back.

JamesStew71

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e
Occupation
auto tech
Country flag
You bought your car Oct. 2021. You did not wait until the bugs were worked out. Inane reply. You are full of bugs.
not ours , we have had not one bump or anything we love our mach-e. I was saying that anyone that buys a car in a new line and new technology should expect and understand yea theres going to be some issues

OP
OP
dnlsatriani

dnlsatriani

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
not ours , we have had not one bump or anything we love our mach-e. I was saying that anyone that buys a car in a new line and new technology should expect and understand yea theres going to be some issues
I am still surprised you didn’t get it . Nobody here complaints about the bugs but how they taking care of you as customer with car with bugs.

OP
OP
dnlsatriani

dnlsatriani

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Today the service manager called me of course after i called him early that they replaced the chiller but……. People from Ford came and they have to drive the car for couple days to make sure everything is ok. Also he sounded on the phone that the new chiller didint help the battery to work properly.

JamesStew71

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e
Occupation
auto tech
Country flag
  1. o
  2. I am still surprised you didn’t get it . Nobody here complaints about the bugs but how they taking care of you as customer with car with bugs.
    thats is true, I get it but find a better ford house, I used one for years in New Braunfels texas, Ended up I now drive 45 miles into san antonio, they do a good job on all my Fords. Yes it does suck .I would want a new junction/ battery if it fails. not a dam lolipop software update.

OP
OP
dnlsatriani

dnlsatriani

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
New update from me. My car is still in the dealership. When i call them the answer is always they are testing it.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Understand your frustration and agree the recall software does not prevent all SSN events but there has been zero, to the best of my knowledge, reports of the new part failing. There have been a few forum members who had their HVBJB’s fail a second time but the first replacement was the old part. Hope you get your car back soon and then all goes well.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
New update from me. My car is still in the dealership. When i call them the answer is always they are testing it.
They need to lay out a plan for you. If they can't or won't, I'd personally start the buyback process and move on. If they won't do that check your state's lemon laws.

OP
OP
dnlsatriani

dnlsatriani

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
They need to lay out a plan for you. If they can't or won't, I'd personally start the buyback process and move on. If they won't do that check your state's lemon laws.
Actually that will be too easy for them. Also if they pay me back what i gonna buy with this money when if i buy from a lot of any brand will be way over msrp.. The whole point of ordering and waiting for the car was to not wasting money on dealer markups. If the car doesn’t work and they cannot repair it i would like them to find me a new one same color and everything. I am not waiting another year.
Sponsored