What will be shown on the driver display?

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't recall seeing very much information on the driver display layout, but I could easily have missed stuff. In photos I think it has mainly been speed, range, battery level, a few other minor details. But how about directions? The display is pretty narrow, so I don't know how much useful information could be shown.
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
And does the driver have any control over changing what is shown at any given time?

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Here are three screen shots from the training guide. Not completely clear that you able to change to make changes. An analog display (which I thought I had seen before. maybe it was a rendering) and directions would be nice.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What will be shown on the driver display? 1601829984862

Ford Mustang Mach-E What will be shown on the driver display? 1601830084655

Ford Mustang Mach-E What will be shown on the driver display? 1601829925869

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Here are three screen shots from the training guide. Not completely clear that you able to change to make changes. An analog display (which I thought I had seen before. maybe it was a rendering) and directions would be nice.

I admit that all of the examples seem like a massive waste of space, and none look at nice or as functional as my Fusion, with customizable left and right screens surrounding a somewhat elegant-looking speedo in the middle.
Ford Mustang Mach-E What will be shown on the driver display? 1601833013453

of course, very few cars get there so...

even the Fusion doesn't get there quite as well once MFT is replaced with Sync 3 - you get less control over both sides and a bit less elegance with the options. (The gf's C-Max makes me sad at times because it seems to be the same as my car only to be noticeably more limited... at least the right-hand side shows Bluetooth media info though and not the near-useless "Bluetooth media stream detected"...)

RunningHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I admit that all of the examples seem like a massive waste of space, and none look at nice or as functional as my Fusion, with customizable left and right screens surrounding a somewhat elegant-looking speedo in the middle.
1601833013453.png

of course, very few cars get there so...

even the Fusion doesn't get there quite as well once MFT is replaced with Sync 3 - you get less control over both sides and a bit less elegance with the options. (The gf's C-Max makes me sad at times because it seems to be the same as my car only to be noticeably more limited... at least the right-hand side shows Bluetooth media info though and not the near-useless "Bluetooth media stream detected"...)
Once you see the animations it will make more sense. Also the I think they were going with a decluttered design philosophy. The unbridled mode has animations that change with your lat/long acceleration. The whisper screen has waves that fade in/out that guide you to drive with peak efficiency. Also as mentioned above adaptive cruise/lane centering/active driver assist info will take up real estate when enabled as well. Also anything is possible with OTA. The hardware supports OTA SW updates so the possibilities are almost limitless.

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/2020/06/18/Active-Drive-Assist-HMI.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/cq5dam.web.881.495.jpeg

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I personally prefer engine instrumentation to analog renderings. You know things like coolant temperature, oil pressure, and the like. All things we don't need on the MME. ;)

Speed and mileage remaining guesses? Digital is perfect to me.

Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I wonder why you can’t have the graphical battery level in Whisper and Unbridled modes.

OP
OP

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I personally prefer engine instrumentation to analog renderings. You know things like coolant temperature, oil pressure, and the like. All things we don't need on the MME. ;)

Speed and mileage remaining guesses? Digital is perfect to me.

Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.
I want a motor Tachymeter. Maybe two!

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I want a motor Tachymeter. Maybe two!
I guess I want this picture with little Eddie and Edie Electron animations from it into my car when charging, then coming out and falling to their death on the road when driving.
Ford Mustang Mach-E What will be shown on the driver display? Springfield_Nuclear_Power_Plant3

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I want the enhanced trip meter the focus electric had. (miles, Wh/mile instant and average--would settle for miles/kWh instead...either way, and kWh used.)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I want the enhanced trip meter the focus electric had. (miles, Wh/mile instant and average--would settle for miles/kWh instead...either way, and kWh used.)
the coach feature (Acceleration/Breaking/Crusing) from the current Ford hybrids/PHEVs would be nice for helping to learn how to drive the car efficiently.
Sponsored