What will the front of my Mach E look like?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ok, this may seem like a question with an obvious answer but there are quite conflicting images floating around. OK, not for you GT folks. That front is consistent (I think) across the pictures. For the rest of us, I'm not sure we really know what a Select, Premium, California Route 1, or First Edition will look like.

The confusion starts with the Ford Mustang Mach E page and selector (https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/2021/)
The Select has the little ribs on the oval around the nose and the Premium a smoother oval:

Ford Mustang Mach-E What will the front of my Mach E look like? Select

Ford Mustang Mach-E What will the front of my Mach E look like? Premium

I'm a little bummed because I like the ribs on the Select but definitely like the Premium lights.

And the First Edition and Route 1 are just Premium variants.

Sure enough, the First Edition has that smoother oval:
Ford Mustang Mach-E What will the front of my Mach E look like? First Editio

And so does the Route 1, right?
Ford Mustang Mach-E What will the front of my Mach E look like? Route 1

Wait, where did those ribs come from? Is the Route 1 a Premium? Yes, per everything else. But why the Select ribbed oval?

And the air dam below the battery vents is colored to match the body like this:
Ford Mustang Mach-E What will the front of my Mach E look like? mache-blue-premium-png.1053

This should be how my Grabber Blue FE should come out (although a little lighter than this blue).
But wait, what's with this Rapid Red?
Ford Mustang Mach-E What will the front of my Mach E look like? mustang-mach-e-red-select-1

Does the Select now come with a black air dam? That has a bit more aggressive look to it. Is that an option?
Wait, check the door: it says E4X. That's no Select. Is this the Route 1, now with the Select ribbed oval but a black air dam? No, can't be. Route 1 is a Mach EX, not an all wheel drive. The lights are definitely Premium. What is this beast? New styling for the First Edition (If so, I'm psyched)? Or is this mis-built or mis-rendered?

Anyone have better answers on this or will we have to wait until they arrive in person to find out how the nose really looks?

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
I don’t think I can get excited about having those ribs or not. I just want to see the damn car, ribs or not.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Here's as best I can figure out how the models work.

Select is 100A, CA Route1 is 200A and Premium is 300A. So each model builds standard features on top of the last one. Select has all standard features. CA Rt1 has all of the standard features of the Select + the Rt1 items (panoramic glass roof for example). The Premium has all of the Rt1 standard features + the premium standard features (like the LED signature lighting). The First Edition is 301A so it has all of the standard Premium features + the FE extras (pedal covers, door sill plate for example).

Select and Rt1 has the black molded plastic (ribbed) grille surround. Premium /FE has painted black (smooth) grill surround.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What will the front of my Mach E look like? 1588037145600

This one below I think is a pre-production prototype so it's missing the body color in the lower grill, like you see in the configuration examples.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What will the front of my Mach E look like? 1588037871479

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Awesome explanation. That makes a lot of sense and explains the sequence of features. Thanks.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
This is being discussed on two other threads as well. Grabber Blue is only supposed to be on the First Edition and GT. If so, it may be the first FE assembly line prototype.

However, it's also possible it's just a Grabber Blue Premium assembly line prototype without the FE "specials".

Lots of reasons to test everything during pre-production, perhaps to answer "What does the color really look like when painted on a car on that particular assembly line?

We need more pictures!
Sponsored