What would make you cancel your Mach-E reservation and buy something else?

snikt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Nice glad you got the car you like. But cargo is nowhere near the same. Mache is double the model 3. 15 cubic ft to 29.7 cubic feet.
Is there something with how hatchbacks are calculated? For example my wife's Mini Countryman says 18 cubic feet, and looking at both there is absolutely no way it has more room than the Model 3. I'd say by my eye the 3 has double the Countryman
Sponsored

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Is there something with how hatchbacks are calculated? For example my wife's Mini Countryman says 18 cubic feet, and looking at both there is absolutely no way it has more room than the Model 3. I'd say by my eye the 3 has double the Countryman
that is just what both say and from different places. the mache frunk has more room and of course with seats down its a lot. There is the banana box test also on youtube.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Well I test drove a 2021 Model 3 today and was really impressed, I'm almost for sure now going to cancel my MME order and put in a Model 3 LR order.

I test-drove one back in 2020 but since then they've added the heated steering wheel which I really wanted, and updated the interior to where it's much nicer now, fixing some of my complaints about the Tesla. The center screen for MPH and such also really wasn't an issue as where I thought it was.

I think the ride quality really sold it though, pretty fresh off of my MME test drive the 3's suspension just seemed much better. I thought the MME felt heavy and bumpy a bit but after the 3 it really confirmed that it was.

As far as cargo space, I don't have exact specs but to me if you take into account the huge under-trunk space the 3 has which the MME doesn't, I would actually bet cargo room is very similar

1620936489687.png
1620936501223.png
Whichever vehicle you get, congratulations on your purchase.

Out of curiosity, what made you cross shop the Mach-E with the Model 3 as opposed to the Mach-E with the Model Y? Seems like the Model Y is much more similar to the Mach-E but a good number of people who are looking at a Tesla seem to be looking at the 3 instead of the Y.

snikt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Whichever vehicle you get, congratulations on your purchase.

Out of curiosity, what made you cross shop the Mach-E with the Model 3 as opposed to the Mach-E with the Model Y? Seems like the Model Y is much more similar to the Mach-E but a good number of people who are looking at a Tesla seem to be looking at the 3 instead of the Y.
I agree I know those are more of a common comparison. For me I didn't really like the Y for 3 main reasons.

The styling I wasn't a fan of, looked like a bloated Model 3 to me.

The rear visibility and rear window I didn't like, the 3 is much better in that regard.

And the ride seemed pretty harsh to me, moreso than my old Grand Cherokee with off road tires

ay221

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Cayman GTS
Country flag
Unfortunately the Kia GT will not turn up until 2022 :(. I am quite interested to see what the genesis GV60 derivative on the e-gmp platform ends up looking like and how it will differentiate from its Hyundai and Kia twins.
Yeah, which will occur before my warranty ends on my current car. The electric Macan won't be out until 2023 and will be even more costly too.

blink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red MME+
If I saw something that looks better. Mach E has everything I want in a car, so appearance would be the deciding factor. I am simple.

Though I'd probably look more into Polestar 2 and Ipace if the closest dealerships weren't 5 hours away. But I do find the look of Mach E more charming. Don't know if I could like the interior of Polestar 2, in any case.

americanflannel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
I do not write menu descriptions for a living
Country flag
If I saw something that looks better. Mach E has everything I want in a car, so appearance would be the deciding factor. I am simple.

Though I'd probably look more into Polestar 2 and Ipace if the closest dealerships weren't 5 hours away. But I do find the look of Mach E more charming. Don't know if I could like the interior of Polestar 2, in any case.
I wanted a Polestar 2, didn't buy one because they still haven't extended test drives to DC.
The YouTube videos make me feel like that interior isn't good for two reasons - one , that center counsel looks very imposing on space... and two, the dash area looks dated (I mean it's very '17 Volvo by that)... both of which makes me thing of early 80s European cars for some reason.
I am sure it's a great car, but since it's mechanically similar to the XC40 I think I would have ended up in the XC40 except price wise they are stupid expensive. Cheapest one in my area was 60k, 4k more than my Mach E.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
New Jersey might be instituting a $5,000 rebate on EV's with over 200 mile range and an MSRP of $55,000 or lower. The second eliminates all but the compliance cars, Tesla Model 3 and rear wheel drive Mach-Es. I would think most NJites would want all wheel drive which kicks the models up to $60K. I wrote my reps saying I think the $55,000 is too low. But, I think they don't want to reward the wealthy buying Taycans with State money. If I could get the Volvo recharge for less than $55K, and get the Fed & State rebate, that would be what I would get.
I agree that $55,000 is too low. In CT the cut-off is $42,000 and you must be eligible for a state government program based on income. Yes, we must have a lot of persons on state aid just itching to plug their EV into 120v outlets at their rental apartments. Go figure.!
Sponsored