What would make you cancel your Mach-E reservation and buy something else?

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
In addition, Nissan will announce the production version of slick Ariya on July 15th. Wow, lots of compact SUV to consider in 2021...
https://www.caranddriver.com/nissan/ariya
Maybe it will have better news in a few days, and depending on what you consider 2021...
... the model isn’t expected to arrive in the U.S. until the second half of 2021—as a 2022 model.

that said, if the reveal price is significantly better than the mach e (and specs close enough) I might consider waiting.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
That Ariya looks awesome, except the Chademo.

Last edited:

jandkw

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I agree. If Nissan understands the US market, they will put CCS on Ariya, not Chademo. I think the future EV charging standard will be Tesla and CCS (sounds like iOS and Android) unless the wireless charging comes along.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I am seriously considering the Ariya. It looks amazing and is more in line with a smaller SUV type car I am looking for. If pricing is less than Mach E with AWD, that will be a no-brainer. I like the dash layout better, like having a HUD, and the batteries look pretty good for mileage.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
I always found Nissan interior materials to look and feel cheap.

jandkw

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I never own any Nissan vehicle and cannot comment on the interior materials. However, I did search and watch several Ariya designer presentations and it looks like they did the this vehicle from ground up. The interior design is quite meticulous (with leather seats as well). Watch this video..

I certainly cannot confirm this until I touch and feel the production car.

In addition, I own Tesla Model S for 7 years and like the software technology and driving experience, still like it. However, the interior design is quite rudimentary. Try to maneuver the big touch screen during driving is not very safe, no hand gesture and buttons (except the glove compartment, wow). This is the same reason I stay away from Model Y. Mach E is the carbon copy of Model S with a big ipad more or less. No leather seats and all. This is one reason I am looking for something else.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
Remember this is a concept car and we have no idea what will make it into production. Often details in concept cars bear little resemblance to the production vehicle.

With that said, that’s a beautifully simplistic interior that puts many EVs to shame..

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
The closest second for me would be the Kona, but the electric version isn't AWD and it's nearly as expensive as the MME.

I would be happy if they introduced the Kona hybrid here. Wouldn't cancel for it, but it would make a good second car.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
XC40 Recharge would probably be my 2nd choice. But the initial view of the Ariya puts it in contention too (pending more info).

Although 90% sure I'm sticking with the Mach-e, barring something unexpected.

jandkw

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Ken7, I compare this video from the concept phase vs the production version video reviewed by the Japanese reviewers (English translation) announced on 7/15. The concept Ariya is almost identical to the production version, both interior and exterior. The interior is quite meticulous. Whether one likes their interior design or not is quite personal but I suspect Nissan will do a better job this time since there are plenty of ESUV in 2021 coming out, ID-4, Mach E, Q4 e-tron, iX3, XC40 and the Chinese brands. Plenty to choose from.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Like the Kona the Aryia looks much smaller then the Mach-E.

jandkw

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Yea, I don't mind to have a shorter/smaller SUV with an attractive interior design. 0-60 is comparable to Mach E though. Battery price performance is not as good as Tesla but no one is today.
Sponsored