What would make you cancel your Mach-E reservation and buy something else?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
welp, for now what had me cancel my order that I was really excited about was a partial loss of income due to cutbacks of the pandemic. that wasn't even on my radar. we needed the $500 back and unless something changes between now and then picking up a car that isn't needed every day isn't an option. Hoping for a turn around so I can re-order, but for now, buy 2021 GT :(
Sorry to hear that. Good luck.
Sponsored

Markyj

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 435d
Country flag
We have the same configuration proposals, I think it is linked to the European certification
You’re lucky. In the UK they aren’t giving us the option to add the technology pack. Only Way to get the tech pack is if you take the ER model which is £9,000 more expensive. very short sighted if you ask me and will lose orders because of it.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
You’re lucky. In the UK they aren’t giving us the option to add the technology pack. Only Way to get the tech pack is if you take the ER model which is £9,000 more expensive. very short sighted if you ask me and will lose orders because of it.
I don't understand why you say that. It has always been that way according to the configurator. It just wasn't very clear at first. The numbers that were saying that certain elements were for ER only were obscured by the ticks so it wasnt easily noticeable. When you configured a car the SR always said 'tech pack not required'.

Markyj

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 435d
Country flag
I don't understand why you say that. It has always been that way according to the configurator. It just wasn't very clear at first. The numbers that were saying that certain elements were for ER only were obscured by the ticks so it wasnt easily noticeable. When you configured a car the SR always said 'tech pack not required'.
Not really difficult to understand why I would say. as you stated it wasn’t clear about the specs and a Lot of the literature seemed to indicate that most of the technology was standard. Added to that when I placed my pre order it stated that further options could be added once orders were firmed up. However the tech pack is not an option - for the UK only. Every other European country can add it. So stand by my comment that’s its very short sighted of Ford. Chances are I’ll be cancelling my AWD SR order now, Which I’m gutted about but not spending an extra £9k just to get extra range (which I don’t need) and a tech pack that costs circa £2k.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Not really difficult to understand why I would say. as you stated it wasn’t clear about the specs and a Lot of the literature seemed to indicate that most of the technology was standard. Added to that when I placed my pre order it stated that further options could be added once orders were firmed up. However the tech pack is not an option - for the UK only. Every other European country can add it. So stand by my comment that’s its very short sighted of Ford. Chances are I’ll be cancelling my AWD SR order now, Which I’m gutted about but not spending an extra £9k just to get extra range (which I don’t need) and a tech pack that costs circa £2k.
I'm just going to suggest the possibility that the UK website is screwed up. I would withhold your cancellation until the orders open up and you then are able to know for sure if you can get the tech pack or not.

No point in making rash decisions with potentially bad information.

RobB

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, 66 Skylark
Occupation
Filmmaker, Video Freelancer
Country flag
A new house roof... and well... in 32 hours.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag

jandkw

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I've been following the e-tron Q4 concept since they announced at Geneva. Evidently Audi will have 2 versions including this one. This Sportback is sleeker than the first concept with the equivalent interior. Some reporters said it starts at $45K on both. I suspect moderate to loaded options with Quattro (4-wheel drive) may be around 55K-60K which should be compatible to Mach E. Audi Quattro is notorious good. The only not so standout out is 0-60 is 6.3 sec. but to drive in my town, I don't need any car faster than that. My 2013
Model S is under 6 sec. with very good torque but I've got a number of speeding tickets through the years already. :p

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
A competitor drops their price....

Baker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smart EV
Country flag
I've been following the e-tron Q4 concept since they announced at Geneva. Evidently Audi will have 2 versions including this one. This Sportback is sleeker than the first concept with the equivalent interior. Some reporters said it starts at $45K on both. I suspect moderate to loaded options with Quattro (4-wheel drive) may be around 55K-60K which should be compatible to Mach E. Audi Quattro is notorious good. The only not so standout out is 0-60 is 6.3 sec. but to drive in my town, I don't need any car faster than that. My 2013
Model S is under 6 sec. with very good torque but I've got a number of speeding tickets through the years already. :p
Yes $55,000 is more realistic for AWD with 82KW battery! Maybe they will get a RWD at lower price. The Sportback will be more expensive than the original, it's what they do for the ICE because it will be more like a sport car.

jandkw

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Yea, I hope Audi is not pricing the Sportback Q4 too high since Model Y drops 3K and I expect Tesla will drop the price again next year (Mach E too?) due to new battery announcement coming up. That's what technology companies do.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Last edited:

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Not permanent drops, but: https://electrek.co/2020/07/01/summ...scounts-off-chevy-bolt-nissan-leaf-audi-more/

If the bolt had AWD, and more cargo space, etc... I would be tempted. It does have a nicer price point than the mach e (especially with discounts), but not really comparable unless price is the primary factor and willing to sacrifice several specs and style.
The bolt's MSRP is ludicrous, and Chevy has just let the Bolt rot on the vine. In 2017 when it was car of the year the price was competitive and it had the right specs to make a move. To get that price, Chevy went cheap on the styling and interior - which was OK since it had the range and price with incentive. The model 3 has changed all of that: the Bolt premier cited in the article has an MSRP $5000 higher than the model 3 SR+, which is absolutely insane given that EVERY metric of the Bolt is outclassed by the model 3.

Chevy is still putting the same crappy seats, same cheap interior, and same anemic 50kw DCFC charging into the 2021's they put in the 2017. The only update they made was a small increase in the battery. The market is far different than 2017, and Chevy's only choice is to deeply discount the thing to "right price" it for the features.
Sponsored