What would make you cancel your Mach-E reservation and buy something else?

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
That’s rather bold of you to say. Does anybody enjoy the process of buying a car through a traditional dealership?
I do. My last three cars were bouht at dealers, and I had great expereinces with them. I don't haggle prices at all, because they place me in a "special customer" list and I get better service then the cheapskate who haggles for a lower price when buying. I get discounts for add-on, such as mud guards and window vent protectors which I need due to our rainy seasons and hurricanes every year ( I survived Maria in 2017).

As for what would make me cancel my Mach-E reservation, which I have not done yet, it could probably be the 2022 Cadillac Lyriq, because I want comfort and some luxury, and I am not looking for a sportscar. I have a 2014 Fusion Hybrd sedan, and I want an electric CUV for my wife who drives a 2009 Chevy Equinox. She drove a 1980 Mustang before but wants a CUV that is much better then the Equinox, and doesn't like the Mach-E.
Sponsored

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
As long as it's a new car, I have enjoyed the process. Most of the dealers around me have 4.6/5 starts (with >100 reviews), and lowest is 4.2. Never get the hard sells or unwanted add ons, sometimes they try upsell but mostly I say no and they are fine with that and purchasing procedures and always come out under MSRP, but I don't try to low ball them with the deal invoice price.

Not sure what it is with all the dealer hate. I wonder if that varies by state?
It varies within each State and territory. I have two Ford dealers near my home, but my Fusion was purchased at a dealer 20 miles away.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Ariya is about the same size as Nissan Rogue.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I never own any Nissan vehicle and cannot comment on the interior materials. However, I did search and watch several Ariya designer presentations and it looks like they did the this vehicle from ground up. The interior design is quite meticulous (with leather seats as well). Watch this video..

I certainly cannot confirm this until I touch and feel the production car.

In addition, I own Tesla Model S for 7 years and like the software technology and driving experience, still like it. However, the interior design is quite rudimentary. Try to maneuver the big touch screen during driving is not very safe, no hand gesture and buttons (except the glove compartment, wow). This is the same reason I stay away from Model Y. Mach E is the carbon copy of Model S with a big ipad more or less. No leather seats and all. This is one reason I am looking for something else.
Great video, the actual car looks just like the concept with the difference of a few interior notes.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
As for what would make me cancel my Mach-E reservation, which I have not done yet, it could probably be the 2022 Cadillac Lyriq, because I want comfort and some luxury, and I am not looking for a sportscar. I have a 2014 Fusion Hybrd sedan, and I want an electric CUV for my wife who drives a 2009 Chevy Equinox. She drove a 1980 Mustang before but wants a CUV that is much better then the Equinox, and doesn't like the Mach-E.
Wasn't even on my radar (mainly because I am trying to avoid the delay for 2022 models... That said, from what is out so far, it looks nice, with more info coming next month.... If it wasn't for it's price, I might also be tempted to wait.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I do. My last three cars were bouht at dealers, and I had great expereinces with them. I don't haggle prices at all, because they place me in a "special customer" list and I get better service then the cheapskate who haggles for a lower price when buying. I get discounts for add-on, such as mud guards and window vent protectors which I need due to our rainy seasons and hurricanes every year ( I survived Maria in 2017).
Reminds me of this:

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The charging experience needs to get better for non-Tesla EVs. I see a lot of posts on Reddit and plugshare check-ins that are negative. Obviously, there's some selection bias there because people usually won't say anything if something works as designed.

Brutusfly

First Name
Brutus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Country flag
My Mach-E purchase is certainly postponed. I was leaning strongly towards the Mach-E as my first EV after years of anticipation. However my ICE car was just totaled (far too young), so I bought a used Chevy Bolt. I am very impressed with the Bolt so far and feel it provides most of the benefits of the other EV's for half the cost. It's a deceptively great EV, especially in value.

IMG_3086 2.jpeg

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My Mach-E purchase is certainly postponed. I was leaning strongly towards the Mach-E as my first EV after years of anticipation. However my ICE car was just totaled (far too young), so I bought a used Chevy Bolt. I am very impressed with the Bolt so far and feel it provides most of the benefits of the other EV's for half the cost. It's a deceptively great EV, especially in value.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What would make you cancel your Mach-E reservation and buy something else? IMG_3086 2
Sorry to hear about your crash but welcome to BEV ownership.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Does it come with a key or a start button? because if so, it's a total failure and I'm out! /s

jandkw

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Another 2021 ESUV that caught my eye, Audi Q4 Sportback. Very nice interior design.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
The charging experience needs to get better for non-Tesla EVs. I see a lot of posts on Reddit and plugshare check-ins that are negative. Obviously, there's some selection bias there because people usually won't say anything if something works as designed.
It could be that these charging companies are looking for the "hit" vehicle that would necessitate a greater expansion rate of chargers, I'm thinking the Mach E could be it.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
XC40 Recharge would probably be my 2nd choice. But the initial view of the Ariya puts it in contention too (pending more info).

Although 90% sure I'm sticking with the Mach-e, barring something unexpected.
Does anyone know when the XC40 Recharge is going to be produced?
Sponsored