What would make you cancel your Mach-E reservation and buy something else?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It could be that these charging companies are looking for the "hit" vehicle that would necessitate a greater expansion rate of chargers, I'm thinking the Mach E could be it.
Agree but for a little different reason. Not so much a "hit" vehicle per se, but simply more BEV sales volume in general to justify building more stations out. Basically, a bunch of hits that take US BEV sales from 2% up to 4%... 6%... 8%... Retail chargers need more of a customer base to generate revenues to justify the investment.

But ya gotta start somewhere, and a hit like the Mach-e could be an impetus to make mainstream consumers look twice. ?
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag

Baker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smart EV
Country flag
The raison to cancel for me would be:
-range lower than 400 km
-other model having more range for the same price
-fall in love with another model (Audi Q4 is looking so amazing)?

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
The raison to cancel for me would be:
-range lower than 400 km---
-other model having more range for the same price
-fall in love with another model (Audi Q4 is looking so amazing)?
range of more than 400km comes with the Mach E models except maybe the GT version.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Does anyone know when the XC40 Recharge is going to be produced?
Email from Volvo customer support says available next spring. Reservation conversion still 2-3 months away.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Email from Volvo customer support says available next spring. Reservation conversion still 2-3 months away.
Thanks for the update......nope, not waiting around until next spring. Maybe it'll be my next car after the Mach-E (or Tesla).

Baker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smart EV
Country flag
range of more than 400km comes with the Mach E models except maybe the GT version.
Little battery with AWD is estimated at 210 miles (338 km). It appear that it could be higher, hope it will be 250 miles!!!

Yoliber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3 SR+
Country flag
I think what would steer me away from the Mach-E is if it is not recommended to charge to 100% all the time. I'm debating between a GT and a M3P and if the difference really is 50 miles, that's kind of a big deal. If the range is only 20 miles then that isn't too significant.

Last edited:

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I was fairly confident nothing would make me consider cancelling my reservation (now order) until recently. Now I'm finding myself actively concerning better uses for 60K.

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I was fairly confident nothing would make me consider cancelling my reservation (now order) until recently. Now I'm finding myself actively concerning better uses for 60K.
For $60k-65k, I want the car exactly how I want with practically no compromises. Like, I really want the GT but I also want the white interior. Ford says I have to pick one or the other? Gah.

There's potential we'll get creamed on the resale value. I mean look at 1yr old Audi e-trons or Jaguar I-PACEs. These were $70,000-$80,000 MSRP cars just last year...

$52k e-tron
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/808926545/overview/

$52k I-PACE
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/803351995/overview/

My hope is that because the MME is so much more capable than either of those two cars with more range, autonomous driving capabilities, and technology connectivity, that the value retention will be closer to Tesla's than Audi's or Jaguar's.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Last I heard, only shipping to Europe the first year. Will have to wait for 2022 model for the states... and probably not available until 2022, but might be lucky for late 2021.
I'm sure you are right, but the article says "The ID4 is scheduled to go on sale in the U.S. by the end of the year."

tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Same here after this "FE drop" nonsense. One foot out the door after years of hoping Ford would deliver a car really designed, not copied from Tesla. Sorry Mr. Ford - it is a compliance car. Prove me wrong and still be making them in 5 years with a dash board, not a computer screen hung off the dash. And maybe a door handle worthy of a $60k car !
Sponsored