What would make you cancel your Mach-E reservation and buy something else?

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Last I heard, only shipping to Europe the first year. Will have to wait for 2022 model for the states... and probably not available until 2022, but might be lucky for late 2021.
I thought this too. However, I read an article with more detail. It won’t begin production in the US until 2022. However, it will be sold in the US before then. They will just manufactured in Europe.
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Same here after this "FE drop" nonsense. One foot out the door after years of hoping Ford would deliver a car really designed, not copied from Tesla. Sorry Mr. Ford - it is a compliance car. Prove me wrong and still be making them in 5 years with a dash board, not a computer screen hung off the dash. And maybe a door handle worthy of a $60k car !
I have to agree about the tablet. They could have made it do much better if it was integrated into the dash. And handles, I think if prefer none if the door is going to pop open, but I am okay to look past those issues if they get their act together on communication.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I thought this too. However, I read an article with more detail. It won’t begin production in the US until 2022. However, it will be sold in the US before then. They will just manufactured in Europe.
That's also what Green Car Reports is saying. US production not to begin in Chattanooga until 2022. However, initially the US will get German-built ones before then. According to GCR, VW has been saying since 2017 that the vehicles would sell in US before the end of 2020 and that's "a timeline the manufacturer has held to."
We will get confirmation during the full reveal in September.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That's also what Green Car Reports is saying. US production not to begin in Chattanooga until 2022. However, initially the US will get German-built ones before then. According to GCR, VW has been saying since 2017 that the vehicles would sell in US before the end of 2020 and that's "a timeline the manufacturer has held to."
Seeing that Ford won’t get Mach Es to Europe before the end of this year I can’t see how VW will get German-made cars to the US this year.

Yoliber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3 SR+
Country flag
Seeing that Ford won’t get Mach Es to Europe before the end of this year I can’t see how VW will get German-made cars to the US this year.
I think VW also kind of hates us. IIRC the golf's were delivered a year later as well. They also skimp on options for us.

Last edited:

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
If they sell vehicles in the states (and not only carb states) this year, and can provide more details before Ford makes a test drive available.... I might consider canceling. Pretty sure I prefer the mach e, but price of the id.4 looks like it might be slightly better. That said, I still am not expecting it until over a year from now, seems too little info on VW's site to be coming out this year...

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Same. I wasted a day chasing this damn "MachDrop". I called minutes after the number was revealed and they assured me they would call my dealer and instruct them how to change my order (they pulled up my order, had all my info, double checked my dealer, etc). Hours later I called my dealer and they never heard from Ford and they had no idea of this promotion. This isn't a small dealer either, they are in the Bay Area and have over 100+ pre-orders. My sales guy tried everything he could to reach Ford and figure it out and was unable to do so. This seriously left a bad taste in my mouth. I should not be chasing a car I'm willing to drop 60k on just to get a damn color I want.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think VW also kind of hates us. IIRC the golf's were delivered a year later as well. They also skimp on options for us.
The US blowing the whistle on them for Dieselgate probably didn't help either. ?

Yoliber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3 SR+
Country flag
Do you have a source that Ford doesn't allow a daily full charge? I just read Edmunds comparison that said Tesla is the only electric car that doesn't recommend a full charge and doesn't hit advertised range (I get 218 miles). I think its because they allow usage of the top 10% for trips. The Mach E has 11% buffer.

I was trying to find clips of the sync 4a charging schedule / indicator and they inconveniently cut off the full charge bar. From what Ive seen it didn't seem like there would be one but I don't know.

Baker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smart EV
Country flag
The US blowing the whistle on them for Dieselgate probably didn't help either. ?
Come on guys, VW's are there to make business (money), they want to sell their cars anywhere in the world. It is normal in of point of view "business" to fill the countries around their production plan because the freight cost in a lot lower and their customers would be not happy it hey were deliver many thousand miles away in first, it will be the same for Ford!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Come on guys, VW's are there to make business (money), they want to sell their cars anywhere in the world. It is normal in of point of view "business" to fill the countries around their production plan because the freight cost in a lot lower and their customers would be not happy it hey were deliver many thousand miles away in first, it will be the same for Ford!
Agreed. It also probably has a lot to do with BEV's not being embraced as much in the US thanks to the Koch brothers and their friends. If the iPace, eTron, etc were selling well here then the ID.4 would be targeted here too.

Baker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smart EV
Country flag
Agreed. It also probably has a lot to do with BEV's not being embraced as much in the US thanks to the Koch brothers and their friends. If the iPace, eTron, etc were selling well here then the ID.4 would be targeted here too.
Here a comment from a follower of Bjorn Nyland on Youtube:

Peter Running Tesla
18 hours ago
The range of the Polestar 2 is almost the same as my Model 3 SR+. I did 590km yesterday in 6,5 hours from Germany (near Nuremberg) to Vienna with 2 stops (Hengesberg and St.Valentin) with consumption 156 Wh/km (spent 92 kWh). I had between 160-170 Wh/km at 130km/h speed. So my range is at least 300 km at highway speed in summer. After 11 months and 18.500 km is my total consumption 164 Wh/km.

Here the video
Sponsored