What would make you cancel your Mach-E reservation and buy something else?

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I am all about the timing of this. If I have to wait much past the end of my lease which ends in July 2021, I am not sure I will stick with the order. I am really excited about this car, but waiting over a year seems a bit much.
A lot can happen in a year! Economy, job situation, MME ends up with disappointing specifications, other vehicle options, etc.
Sponsored

tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Posted this on old ID 4 thread. If VW does sell the ID 4 this year Ford Marketing will wish they had their act together sooner. Ford and VW already have announced joint efforts including using the same new battery supplier in Georgia if litigation with LG is resolved in September. Smaller than the Mach e, but also lower cost and being made in Germany and in two years in US.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...sover-headed-stateside/ar-BB18jxjw?li=BBnb4R5

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
VW ID 4 doesn't look as appealing as the MME. But they undercut everyone else in price.

Also, their HUD is very slick. They have a video that shows how it works on an ID3.

tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
VW ID 4 doesn't look as appealing as the MME. But they undercut everyone else in price.

Also, their HUD is very slick. They have a video that shows how it works on an ID3.
I like the outside better actually and at an expected 182" in length it's just an inch longer than BMW X1 and longer than Niro and Kona EV's. Inside remains to be seen. If this link works at 15 minutes it shows the ID4 coming off the startup line. (Brush up on your German - or read the subtitles fast .) Hard to see much inside, but the dash pod looks like ID3. Can't see if the control screen will be like ID3 which is pretty small. VW target for ID line is 330,000 vehicles. No compliance EV line at VW ! Launch reveal said to be third week in September and from this video they will have a production line car to show.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I like the outside better actually and at an expected 182" in length it's just an inch longer than BMW X1 and longer than Niro and Kona EV's. Inside remains to be seen. If this link works at 15 minutes it shows the ID4 coming off the startup line. (Brush up on your German - or read the subtitles fast .) Hard to see much inside, but the dash pod looks like ID3. Can't see if the control screen will be like ID3 which is pretty small. VW target for ID line is 330,000 vehicles. No compliance EV line at VW ! Launch reveal said to be third week in September and from this video they will have a production line car to show.
I like the ID.4 looks better as well, and the size for me is just about perfect. I could wait a few more months for one if things like efficiency and range turn out to be favorable. VW's progress is pretty impressive.

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I like the ID.4 looks better as well, and the size for me is just about perfect. I could wait a few more months for one if things like efficiency and range turn out to be favorable. VW's progress is pretty impressive.
There's a question on if the ID.4 will have the same weight issues with the biggest battery version as the ID.3. The 77kWh ID.3 is limited to four passengers and no glass roof to keep within acceptable weight. It's not clear if there's a technical reason for the weight problem or if it's a regulatory issue.

It would be kind of lame to have a crossover EV that only has four seatbelts.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There's a question on if the ID.4 will have the same weight issues with the biggest battery version as the ID.3. The 77kWh ID.3 is limited to four passengers and no glass roof to keep within acceptable weight. It's not clear if there's a technical reason for the weight problem or if it's a regulatory issue.

It would be kind of lame to have a crossover EV that only has four seatbelts.
Yes, there's a lot to learn about the car before it could be considered a contender for me. For example the infotainment system on the ID.3 seems to be not so great at the moment, so that would have to improve. I just hope that these things will be known before I have to make a final decision on Mach-e.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I like its looks too but lack of details means we have to wait until its in showrooms or something in USA. Lots of unknowns

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
VW ID4 is available for reservation next month. I like how the car looks on the render pictures. The hood and the body has a nice proportion. The leaked picture from the China factory somehow doesn't feel the same. Maybe is the angle of the car.

I might place a reservation for $100. It is fully refundable.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The angle is everything in some photography situations. You can make the MME look very sleek and sexy from a quartering front shot (or a bit less than 45 degrees) or you can make it look like it was thrown together in the Platypus factory by a 45 degree rear shot.

Might be the same with the ID4.

bprince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Rapid Red AWD
Country flag
I’m sure it’s been said here already but mine is delivery date. I originally planned on having my Mach E in the fall. But it’s clear we won’t have it until winter. It’s less clear if it will be by the end of the 2020 year.

I live in Chicagoland and already sold my previous SUV. I can not go into the 2021 Chicago winter without an AWD vehicle.

Tesla already approved me and is practically begging me to commit. The Mustang Mach E is the one I want, so I’m waiting. I just didn’t plan on a 10-week pandemic induced delay. If Ford can’t deliver (pun intended) by Thanksgiving, then I won’t have a choice but to go Model Y (although I really like the e tron).

Last edited:

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
The angle is everything in some photography situations. You can make the MME look very sleek and sexy from a quartering front shot (or a bit less than 45 degrees) or you can make it look like it was thrown together in the Platypus factory by a 45 degree rear shot.
Hmm, that explains most pictures of my.... never mind.
Sponsored