What would make you cancel your Mach-E reservation and buy something else?

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Tesla is committed to having a sub $30k EV out within a few years. I bet VW does the same. Soon there will be an EV that a college student can afford. Less than 5 years I bet.
Sponsored

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
A few days ago I emailed my dealer telling him itā€™s been a week since the delayed delivery occurred and he said heā€™d reach out to me with some info, but I havenā€™t heard anything back. I told him Iā€™m frustrated and second-guessing my order. If I was a dealer and I had a customer tell me this, Iā€™d reach out ASAP. Itā€™s been crickets from him. He doesnā€™t know Iā€™m on this forum and know about the tracker info. My cancellation will purely be due to my frustration with Fordā€™s lack of communication, and my dealerā€™s inept ability to use common sense.
Dave, I intend no criticism and I understand your pain, so 1 question, please. At the dealer, are you communicating with a sales rep, sales manager, general manager, internet/fleet sales, or ?? It may be that given who you are attempting to get a response from, your expectations may be too high. At first, I generally put 2 different names on my dealer emails, one being the sales guy, the other being the GM. Since I always got a response within a day or two from the GM, he is the only one I email these days. Turns out the original sales guy no longer works there. I do suggest that if you are not getting a response within 2 to 3 days, you might try finding someone else. Maybe a Chat person on the dealer web site? Anyway, I hope you remain persistent and end up with your well-deserved Mach E. You are one of the several on this forum who I will cheer loudly when you finally take one home!

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Dave, I intend no criticism and I understand your pain, so 1 question, please. At the dealer, are you communicating with a sales rep, sales manager, general manager, internet/fleet sales, or ?? It may be that given who you are attempting to get a response from, your expectations may be too high. At first, I generally put 2 different names on my dealer emails, one being the sales guy, the other being the GM. Since I always got a response within a day or two from the GM, he is the only one I email these days. Turns out the original sales guy no longer works there. I do suggest that if you are not getting a response within 2 to 3 days, you might try finding someone else. Maybe a Chat person on the dealer web site? Anyway, I hope you remain persistent and end up with your well-deserved Mach E. You are one of the several on this forum who I will cheer loudly when you finally take one home!
I appreciate the comments. Throughout this process, My contact has been the internet sales manager. There was time I had to talk with the General Manager, but he wasnā€™t much better. Again, good advice thoughā€”thank you.

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Very sad. My wife is selling her 30 year old business she started from nothing after we put ourselves through college over 40 years ago. We have always earned our own way. So, our income the next couple of years will be above $250k as we get ready for retirement. No EV Tax Credit for us, I guess. We are a couple of those undeserving and evil RICH types. Already paying over 40% of everything we earn to taxes. Our Fair Share! You know what my wife said yesterday after I told it had shipped out from the factory? Go ahead and get your Mach E anyway, tax credit or not! No wonder we have been married close to 50 years!!!
You just need a good accountant

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
My next generation family is all driving Ford F150's, Jeep Wrangler, three row SUV's, three row mini-van, Dodge Charger and one has a beater. I have been in a hybrid and PHEV since obtaining a new 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid. Sister has a large Chevy Tahoe while the husband has a Volt. Some much for greenhouse gas saving. Meanwhile China China is the worldā€™s largest CO2 emitter and uses half the coal consumed each year. Its coal fleet grew five-fold between 2000 and 2019 to reach 1,005GW, nearly half the global total.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
You just need a good accountant
Thanks, UW2, everyone needs one of those. What we really need to do is move out of California! 10% sales tax, 13% income tax, disappearing deductions, no state EV tax rebate for us, property tax is good, though. The thing is that we have family and friends here, built the house we live in with much of our own sweat and blood, raised our daughter here, held back fire and mudslides, designed it to exceed code for earthquake/fire/wind/energy. We will stick it out for our retirement. At least we are well above the sea level as it accelerates its rise over the next couple of decades! I suppose I could stop complaining about taxes, though. We have built a pretty good life for ourselves. And, just think about how much better it will be driving through the mountains and along the ocean in our Rapid Red California Route 1!!

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Thanks, UW2, everyone needs one of those. What we really need to do is move out of California! 10% sales tax, 13% income tax, disappearing deductions, no state EV tax rebate for us, property tax is good, though. The thing is that we have family and friends here, built the house we live in with much of our own sweat and blood, raised our daughter here, held back fire and mudslides, designed it to exceed code for earthquake/fire/wind/energy. We will stick it out for our retirement. At least we are well above the sea level as it accelerates its rise over the next couple of decades! I suppose I could stop complaining about taxes, though. We have built a pretty good life for ourselves. And, just think about how much better it will be driving through the mountains and along the ocean in our Rapid Red California Route 1!!
Jealous of those of you who have some canyon roads to drive along. Really flat and straight here in north TX.

MightyJawa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt
Country flag
Jealous of those of you who have some canyon roads to drive along. Really flat and straight here in north TX.
I agree. Iā€™ve been pouring over Google Maps trying to figure out how far Iā€™m going to have to go just to find a fun road. I live north of Dallas.

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
My view is, you get what you pay for. Want to live in California, pay California taxes. But it's a great place to retire, sort of an ideal mix of social and natural environments. Now, nobody is saying you cannot optimise your taxes. I am sure you have good advice, but the biggies like KPMG are really worth the money they charge. I'm sure there is a way, though I am not an expert.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I agree. Iā€™ve been pouring over Google Maps trying to figure out how far Iā€™m going to have to go just to find a fun road. I live north of Dallas.
wait you mean you don't already drive 90+ MPH on I-35 (*)? How do you not get run off the road?!?

(*) by the way feel free to tell TX-DOT that there is no such thing as "IH-35" - there is "I-35" however. ?ā­

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
You must be talking about us in Colorado. We have so many options! If I don't get my Mach-E on a Friday or Saturday, I might have to take a day off work just so I can hit some twisty roads the next day.

MightyJawa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt
Country flag
wait you mean you don't already drive 90+ MPH on I-35 (*)? How do you not get run off the road?!?

(*) by the way feel free to tell TX-DOT that there is no such thing as "IH-35" - there is "I-35" however. ?ā­
I was actually more of a Hwy 75 guy. At least back in the ā€œbefore timesā€.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag

As someone who drives back and forth to Oklahoma from Texas it always amazes me how you can be driving south on I35 in Oklahoma and people are friendly and mostly doing the speed limit and the moment you cross the Red River it turns into Thunderdome with those same people.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What we really need to do is move out of California! 10% sales tax, 13% income tax...
If you do move to another state, just be sure not to take those policies with you (i.e. don't support the same ones that enacted those high taxes & spending you'd be escaping).

Nothing worse than leaving a state because of bad policies only to help spread it to the new state too.

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If you do move to another state, just be sure not to take those policies with you (i.e. don't support the same ones that enacted those high taxes & spending you'd be escaping).

Nothing worse than leaving a state because of bad policies only to help spread it to the new state too.
That is what drives me crazy when Californians move to Texas. You left for a reason, stop bringing it here.
Sponsored