First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Stripes serve two functional purposes.

1) minimize glare into the driver‘s eyes at certain angles.
2) driver in front has a better idea where you are in a race

and the cars just look better with them.
3) Law enforcement can get a better radar lock on your speeding vehicle.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Racing stripes are a lot like tattoos to me, the fact that I don’t like them should have zero bearing on whether you like them or have them on your car(s).

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sadly there are no police departments in Hawaii with radar. Yes, all of them use laser. ;)
4) More reflective so the laser bounces off and fails to get a speed lock.

Oh wait, that is a reason to have the stripes...

stripes reflect radar better?

please explain the physics of your assertion.
It has more to do with the perception of the law enforcement officer - he/she will notice the car with stripes more quickly because it stands out more, attracting attention and the application of radar/laser. Physics 101.

intoMME

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD Select w/Tech Pkg. Infinity Blue
Country flag
To each their own...but this is an SUV, and racing stripes are for sports cars, not SUVs or Camrys, for that matter. I have seen them on all cars. I loved and hated them on my Mini Cooper. The vinyl does not look clean like paint and they never had a good finish, even when I had the stock ones replaced with "quality" aftermarket ones. I feel the same way about painting stock calipers. They are just brakes. It's like putting carbon fiber look stickers on plastic.

Arsenic17

First Name
Arsenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT 2023 Vapor Blue
Country flag
It’s personal preference. I like racing stripes but wouldn’t put them on my MME. I think rim change and painted calipers would be a better look.
This is my preference as well. I dont really like the look of stripes on Mach-E.

For customization I plan to do more subtle color through the calipers and maybe a pinstripe like this: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...d-spoiler-shading-on-my-gt.13912/#post-336420

EDIT: I will say I couldn't get my color choice for the car (I have DMG), and wrapping it is stupid expensive around here $5k+, so adding color is a must for me, but stripes are not the way to do it IMO.

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 400H, Lexus 300H, Buick Enclave, Mach E GT
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
This is my preference as well. I dont really like the look of stripes on Mach-E.

For customization I plan to do more subtle color through the calipers and maybe a pinstripe like this: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...d-spoiler-shading-on-my-gt.13912/#post-336420

EDIT: I will say I couldn't get my color choice for the car (I have DMG), and wrapping it is stupid expensive around here $5k+, so adding color is a must for me, but stripes are not the way to do it IMO.
Yes, I did this as well with my DMG.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What you think about racing stripes PXL_20220322_130051786.MP

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 400H, Lexus 300H, Buick Enclave, Mach E GT
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
That looks really good. White instead of a red stripe would also look really good I think.
If/when I change the stripe, I will likely do a stripe/caliper color match combo to tie things together.

icdedppl

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Flight Test Manager
Country flag
I'm a fan of the blue on white obviously. Plus it makes it stand out from every other white crossover on the road.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What you think about racing stripes PXL_20220322_130051786.MP

I'm not a fan of racing stripes but I think your car looks good. The blue and white is a nice mix.

HutchRed

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E premium
Country flag
Personally, I think they only look good on Vipers. That said, I'd rather have a Viper without them.
Sponsored