What's the trick to get the pony puddle lights to come one?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I was able to get my Samsung Galaxy S7 to set up PaaK but I had to keep it awake during the set up process. If I let the screen go to sleep then it would fail.

PaaK now works but it isnt nearly as immediate as the fob. I only tried it once so far but I had to pull out my phone and unlock the screen and then wait a few seconds for the bluetooth to connect FordPass to the car. When it said "Bluetooth Connected" on the FordPass screen, then the car opened and allowed me to start it up.
If you go into your settings and tell android to never put the fordpass app to sleep, it will work all the time. But your battery will drain like crazy. So there's a tradeoff.
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I do wish that the puddle lights would work like they did in the rendering video you can see on Ford's site. It shows them on, with the mirrors folded out. It only turns them off when you do the doors open view.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What's the trick to get the pony puddle lights to come one? 1614955664627

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Unfortunately PAAK isn't ready for primetime yet.
I'm a pretty simple person. My plan is to use the FOB at first and not worry so much about the damn phone. That way, no frustration. Eventually though and slowly, I'll ease into the phone part.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I'm a pretty simple person. My plan is to use the FOB at first and not worry so much about the damn phone. That way, no frustration. Eventually though and slowly, I'll ease into the phone part.
That was my plan as well. I went 3 days and then put the fob away. :)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Offer carrots along with the phone?

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
My pony lights come on like clockwork.
a) You must have the mirrors on auto fold.
b) My car autolocks when I walk away.
c) When I reapproach, the lights come on and stay on until I open a door or unlock the car (which makes the mirrors unfold).

Note that I am using the FOB, not PAAK.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I donā€™t have my MME yet, as you know, so I canā€™t intelligently comment (though thatā€™s never dropped me in the past). So Iā€™m wondering about all of this and poor cell coverage. I live in an area with spotty coverage (less than 1 bar no matter the company). No lit ponies at night? Doomed to a life of being a Fob slave?

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
I donā€™t have my MME yet, as you know, so I canā€™t intelligently comment (though thatā€™s never dropped me in the past). So Iā€™m wondering about all of this and poor cell coverage. I live in an area with spotty coverage (less than 1 bar no matter the company). No lit ponies at night? Doomed to a life of being a Fob slave?
I don't have mine yet either, so I also can't intelligently comment. But I will anyway :) I don't think cell coverage matters for PaaK - it's all bluetooth. Also, I *think* fob also works with the ponies (seems like I read that somewhere). Now, things like remote start from your phone may be a problem with poor coverage.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I lasted two whole days, started using Ford pass and phone as key.

SolarAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Writer
Country flag
FordPass stopped working and I had to add the car to it again. Now PAAK is not set up and I don't miss it a bit. The fob will turn on puddle lights if 1) it's dark and 2) it's the first time you approach the car. They only last a few seconds, if you dawdle they will be gone and you'll be stepping in the darn puddles.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FordPass stopped working and I had to add the car to it again. Now PAAK is not set up and I don't miss it a bit. The fob will turn on puddle lights if 1) it's dark and 2) it's the first time you approach the car. They only last a few seconds, if you dawdle they will be gone and you'll be stepping in the darn puddles.
I love those pony lights. Wish there was some way to make them come on and stay on -- on demand.

Big Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD
Country flag
My pony lights come on like clockwork.
a) You must have the mirrors on auto fold.
b) My car autolocks when I walk away.
c) When I reapproach, the lights come on and stay on until I open a door or unlock the car (which makes the mirrors unfold).

Note that I am using the FOB, not PAAK.
I recieved my new MME yesterday (weā€™re s a bit slow in Europe), but Iā€™ve been playing around with all the settings ever since.
one of them being the pony-puddle-light.
Iā€™ve read a lot of frustrated users who have problems making the lights appear, but if you follow the above mentioned steps, everything should work just fine BUT........
there is one major issue that could cause the pony not to appear and that is to much surrounding light(s)!!

The pony-puddle-lights ONLY show up if itā€™s dark enough, so even a simple driveway, or streetlight could cause the pony-light to ā€˜malfunctionā€™.

so if you still have problems, try it next time, in a dark place, and youā€™ll probabely be surprised with the result:
good luck!

mike (the Netherlands)

smp

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks very much for the tip, Mike!
I am one of the frustrated ones who've never yet seen the pony puddle lights on my MME. Your tip is a good match for me, because my only times I've tried to see them has been in well-lit parking lots. Hopefully that's the answer for me, and I'll have to try a really dark place sometime - and hope I don't get mugged while I'm there! o_O

smp

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I recieved my new MME yesterday (weā€™re s a bit slow in Europe), but Iā€™ve been playing around with all the settings ever since.
one of them being the pony-puddle-light.
Iā€™ve read a lot of frustrated users who have problems making the lights appear, but if you follow the above mentioned steps, everything should work just fine BUT........
there is one major issue that could cause the pony not to appear and that is to much surrounding light(s)!!

The pony-puddle-lights ONLY show up if itā€™s dark enough, so even a simple driveway, or streetlight could cause the pony-light to ā€˜malfunctionā€™.

so if you still have problems, try it next time, in a dark place, and youā€™ll probabely be surprised with the result:
good luck!

mike (the Netherlands)
That yellow text is very difficult to read.
Sponsored