What's the widest tire that will fit on a Premium wheel?

shberry

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'69 Camaro SS/RS, MME Premium ER-AWD (someday)
Occupation
Math Tutor
Country flag
Sorry I'm not into all the technical detail about tire sizes (seems unnecessarily complicated, actually) so I'm just wondering if I want a wider tire but it's not worth getting new wheels, what's the widest tire that will fit on stock Premium wheels?
Sponsored

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Sorry I'm not into all the technical detail about tire sizes (seems unnecessarily complicated, actually) so I'm just wondering if I want a wider tire but it's not worth getting new wheels, what's the widest tire that will fit on stock Premium wheels?
Go to tire rack or discount tire websites and check out the tire specifications once you find the tire you like to be certain of fitment. The 245/50-19s we may choose to run on our 4X when we receive it are listed as fitting a rim width of 7-8.5”, so, they’ll fit the OEM Premium 19x7 wheel with the proper bead seating and contact patch.

example:
https://m.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.j...Pilot+Sport+All+Season+4&partnum=45YR9PSAS4XL

OP
OP

shberry

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'69 Camaro SS/RS, MME Premium ER-AWD (someday)
Occupation
Math Tutor
Country flag
Go to tire rack or discount tire websites and check out the tire specifications once you find the tire you like to be certain of fitment. The 245/50-19s we may choose to run on our 4X when we receive it are listed as fitting a rim width of 7-8.5”, so, they’ll fit the OEM Premium 19x7 wheel with the proper bead seating and contact patch.

example:
https://m.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.j...Pilot+Sport+All+Season+4&partnum=45YR9PSAS4XL
Thank you so much, that is very clear. BTW - Congrats on getting a production date so quickly! I reserved 5/18 and don't expect to get a date for another 4-6 weeks or so...
Sponsored