What's your next EV?

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Since it takes about 6-12 months to get any EV nowadays, What EV would you consider if you were to move on from the MachE?

I'm sorta happy with the GTPE (frustrated with the power reduction and Ford's response with the current recall.) But I figured with the market where it current stands, I'll be slightly head if I sell in the next 6-12 months. So Was thinking about the next EV. Cant go back to ICE, because its so convenient to be fully charged every morning.

Already on a 2nd Model Y, so no more tesla. Great car, but want something different.

Some of the EVs I was considering are in no particular order:
Macan EV
Taycan CT4
Audi Etron GT
Genesis GV60
BMW i50

Anything else out there interesting?
Sponsored

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Coming from a 2017 Z71 Chevy Colorado, I do miss having the easy and utility of a larger vehicle.

Might consider a Rivian next, or maybe even the Jeep Wrangler, whenever they release the EV version of that.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
If so you may be the first person to go from a $30,000 Honda to a $200,000 Lotus without winning the Lottery.
Should be in the $120,000.00 will have to break open the piggy bank.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
We want a cheap second EV for just around town driving. We may even go used. Right now, the Chevy Bolts are a real good deal but the Mini EV looks like a lot of fun. We wouldn't mind a used BMW i3 but the prices are ridiculous right now.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hmmm, I keep getting suggestions from Ford to trade in and up to a Premium, for supposedly less per month than I am already paying, because I've built equity over the past 1+ year of payments. However, I know no dealers who have cars in lots for close to MSRP, so I am thinking of keeping what I have, and just keep paying it down. I have a reservation for a Fisker PEAR that might not come available until late 2024 early 2025. I'm considering that as a second (or third if I buy a beater used ICE) car. I kind of want to have an straight ICE just as a very occasional driver and also if there is a zombie apocalypse, getting electrons might be harder than petrol.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
I'm planning to keep my Mach-E until everyone figures out how to improve winter range by at least 30% and battery density increases by at least 30%

I'll probably replace my wifes ICE car with some sort of plug-in hybrid. Owning the Mach-E has made is painfully clear that manufacturers, infrastructure and consumers aren't ready to go all electric yet. Ford keeps fumbling the EV ball and there's absolutely no way that i'll be buying another EV from them until they get their act together. I love my MME but the ownership experience has been a complete shit show.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Seems that many people change cars like I change underwear (every few months ;) ). Just retired, we planned on buying a new vehicle every 3 years, maybe every 2. With the market as it is, we made 10 1/2 months on the 2021 Mach-E. Debating ordering a 2023 when ordering opens, and selling our 2022 in 6 - 10 months to again make profit (if the market hasn't changed).

Reactions: ARK
OP
OP

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Seems that many people change cars like I change underwear (every few months ;) ). Just retired, we planned on buying a new vehicle every 3 years, maybe every 2. With the market as it is, we made 10 1/2 months on the 2021 Mach-E. Debating ordering a 2023 when ordering opens, and selling our 2022 in 6 - 10 months to again make profit (if the market hasn't changed).
The market is insane right now. We moved upgrade from a Model Y LR to a Model Y performace and made a profit. The LR had 30k miles.

Had a 911 I bought in 2015, drove it for 6 years and made a profit. Go figure.

Will also make a profit on the GTPE if the market holds. Figure I put in an order now since it takes so long to get build now. Figure worst case is I lose the small deposit if the market crash and I decide not to buy.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
It sounds like my employer is changing our car allowance policy to up the amount and require a European vehicle if so I was thinking about a Polestar 3. Yes I know these are made in China but I think this will sneak in under the radar because there are a few Volvo fans in the company.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What's your next EV? ps3
Sponsored

Last edited: