What's Your ONE THING for Ford to Improve?

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
For me right now is android auto. What i am listening to will stop the sound. I can switch to blue tooth and what i was listening to will start playing again. The other issue is sound on android auto will start and stop. again switch to blue tooth and it works. Sometimes android auto stops working but can not disconnect because it says it can communicate with phone. Is there a way to have android auto but use bluetooth for the sound
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Is there a way to have android auto but use bluetooth for the sound
Maybe with two different phones... one on Android Auto, the other on Bluetooth.

But with a single phone, no. You may connect only one way at a time.

Your issues with Android Auto may be due to your phone being overwhelmed. Android Auto is pretty taxing on my Google Pixel 3a, which is a mid-range phone from a few years ago.

Just the other day the phone powered down while I was driving because it got too hot from the combination of: hot cabin (car parked in sun all day), phone charging on USB, and phone running Android Auto with the car.

My lesson learned from that is to use Bluetooth until temps cool down again this November.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
For me right now is android auto. What i am listening to will stop the sound. I can switch to blue tooth and what i was listening to will start playing again. The other issue is sound on android auto will start and stop. again switch to blue tooth and it works. Sometimes android auto stops working but can not disconnect because it says it can communicate with phone. Is there a way to have android auto but use bluetooth for the sound
Maybe with two different phones... one on Android Auto, the other on Bluetooth.

But with a single phone, no. You may connect only one way at a time.

Your issues with Android Auto may be due to your phone being overwhelmed. Android Auto is pretty taxing on my Google Pixel 3a, which is a mid-range phone from a few years ago.

Just the other day the phone powered down while I was driving because it got too hot from the combination of: hot cabin (car parked in sun all day), phone charging on USB, and phone running Android Auto with the car.

My lesson learned from that is to use Bluetooth until temps cool down again this November.
I have a pixel 5 and AA works flawlessly for me with podcast addict. Twice MLB.TV has crashed on me, so I had to restart it. I don't think that is AA's or the car's fault, so maybe the same thing is happening to @milepost1 - the app you're using is crashing?

Deleted member 3569

Plug-n-charge
My Plug & Share, protocol J5118 feature has worked flawless from day two onward ... I used in all Electrify America's dcFast chargers in NJ, NY, PA, DE, MD & VA areas without any issue whatsoever.

Deleted member 3569

Nav integration with Electrify America's map and/or Plug & Share app which list all chargers in any given area, i.e. evGo, Greenlots, Charge+, etc... I am more interested in the Electrify America's dcFast chargers, specifically the 350 kwH ones which I can charge from 30% to 80% in about 18-25 minutes SOC. Right now the Ford current NAV does not pick up all of the Electrify America's dcFast chargers ... I have to go back and forth with my phone!

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It’s an SUV, i want to be able to load my kayak on top! Was told Thule had roof racks. Turns out they don’t. Now I have a car that doesn’t accommodate one of my favorite outdoor hobbies and no ability to haul my kayak to the lake. I am seriously disappointed
Me too, I've gone back to foam pads on the roof. That or being able to tow a kayak trailer!
Come on Ford, I need a roof rack option!

MachE.jpg

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
Hard to pick one, but I'll say making the camera screen automatically come on when parking. The cameras and the screen are great, but they're a pain to turn on manually (so I usually don't, meaning it's a wasted feature). They'd be really helpful for parking spaces.

Wish there were an option in settings to have the camera screen come on automatically when we get within 10 feet of any object (when in 'D'). Or slow to <5 MPH.

Similarly, I wish the proximity beeps would have further reach. They seem to come on sooner in my Escape. I know part of it is the taller hood making it appear we're closer than we are, but there's times it just feels like I'm about to hit a pole in a parking lot when the beeps haven't even started yet. Frustrating.
This does come on automatically in mine when I get close enough to an object that is within the "yellow" zone. The center screen reverts to the front camera and 360 view, along with areas on the 360 view color coded on what part of the vehicle is close to something. But you have to be going slow and actually be closer to hitting something. I'm not sure if it's activated because of something in the settings as I didn't intentionally turn it on. I haven't turned on the backup camera delay to see if that also leaves the front camera on longer in these instances as it turns off when the car is no longer about to hit anything.

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
Would love to see the seat bottom power tilt as well as height adjustment to provide a little more thigh support for us tall folks. My 2012 Explorer had that and it was truly a delight.

Shadowfax

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Me too, I've gone back to foam pads on the roof. That or being able to tow a kayak trailer!

Ford Mustang Mach-E What's Your ONE THING for Ford to Improve? MachE
What tie down points are you using? (something else I need to figure out)

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
What tie down points are you using? (something else I need to figure out)
I loop a rope so when the front hood latch comes down the rope is behind it and it hangs out in front of the hood so I can tie another rope to it. Same think for the rear.

Shadowfax

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I loop a rope so when the front hood latch comes down the rope is behind it and it hangs out in front of the hood so I can tie another rope to it. Same think for the rear.
Thanks much

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E What's Your ONE THING for Ford to Improve? MachE
I just received the following email from Yakima

Hello James, and thank you for contacting Yakima support.

Our apologies for the delay in responding to your request, we appreciate your patience.

We are working on a roof rack for the Mach-E. I don't know exactly when it will be ready, hopefully later this year. Keep checking this link: http://fitlookup.yakima.com?fitid=26419 - when a rack is ready, detailed information will appear on that page.

Thanks,

Hello James, and thank you for contacting Yakima support.

Sam
Yakima Products Customer Service
Shipping and Order Management

Current Hours M-F 7:00am-4:00pm Pacific Time

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
Working Media Options (a $20 chromecast can do it, get your FordPlay mirroring together)

If they can't figure that out, built in media options to watch in park while charging. Netflix, Amazon, anything. Can't be that hard. If they were smart they'd charge $4.99 per month to keep the modem active and allow you to watch away, even if at 480p.

Tyler B.

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Ford Mustang Mach-E, ‘21 Ford Bronco Badlands
Country flag
Would love to see the seat bottom power tilt as well as height adjustment to provide a little more thigh support for us tall folks. My 2012 Explorer had that and it was truly a delight.
I was about to say this… My biggest issue with the car is the seat. Why new escapes have 10 way power seats and the Mach-E only has 8 is mind boggling to me.
Sponsored