What's Your ONE THING for Ford to Improve?

slambertr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
OK, Mach E Owners - we know that Ford folks monitor this Forum, but with the Mach E, F-150 Lightning, Bronco, etc., they are busy peeps. So - what is the ONE THING you would ask Ford to improve or correct?
Me - fix the sound system Fader button - it automatically resets every time I start. I'm using the work-around described on another thread, but please - isn't that an easy OTA update? And - the fact that this is my "ONE THING" - let's you know I am enjoying my Mach E - it is an amazingly awesome driving/ownership experience.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Me - fix the sound system Fader button - it automatically resets every time I start. I'm using the work-around described on another thread, but please - isn't that an easy OTA update? And - the fact that this is my "ONE THING" - let's you know I am enjoying my Mach E - it is an amazingly awesome driving/ownership experience.
At least your one thing is something Ford has already acknowledged and said they would fix, so there’s that.

I’d like to see real-time power in and power out.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I really don't like the steering wheel controls. I have tried to get used to it but I still have to look down to find the correct button. You would think with nearly 8000 miles behind the wheel I would figure it out by now but I still struggle with it.

I would like the controls that my Ford Focus Electric has. Those were very well designed and so useful that I never had to look down to find the button that I needed.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
At least your one thing is something Ford has already acknowledged and said they would fix, so there’s that.

I’d like to see real-time power in and power out.
That would be cool to have on the screen. You can get that info with a 3rd party scanner tool but it's not terribly convenient of course.

Our Wrangler 4xe has a choice for that is the screen menu. I sometimes see over 75kW of regen which is more than I expected with the motor(s) and battery size in those things...

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hard to pick one, but I'll say making the camera screen automatically come on when parking. The cameras and the screen are great, but they're a pain to turn on manually (so I usually don't, meaning it's a wasted feature). They'd be really helpful for parking spaces.

Wish there were an option in settings to have the camera screen come on automatically when we get within 10 feet of any object (when in 'D'). Or slow to <5 MPH.

Similarly, I wish the proximity beeps would have further reach. They seem to come on sooner in my Escape. I know part of it is the taller hood making it appear we're closer than we are, but there's times it just feels like I'm about to hit a pole in a parking lot when the beeps haven't even started yet. Frustrating.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm gonna cheat and add another... I wish creep speed would ramp up more gradually. With 1PD off, when putting it in reverse, it really backs out of the garage or a parking spot rather aggressively. I think creep (D and R) is capped at 3-4 MPH, which is fine, but it gets there fast. Could use a more gradual ramp-up.

Or maybe it's more the touchy brake pedal mapping that just makes it tricky to keep creep speed slowed down? Either way though, it's harder to just slowly creep into or out of a garage or parking spot than it should be (again, when not using 1PD; I know it's wholly different for 1PD drivers). Trying to move an extra 6 inches often moves you 1-2 feet.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I'm gonna cheat and add another... I wish creep speed would ramp up more gradually. With 1PD off, when putting it in reverse, it really backs out of the garage or a parking spot rather aggressively. I think creep (D and R) is capped at 3-4 MPH, which is fine, but it gets there fast. Could use a more gradual ramp-up.

Or maybe it's more the touchy brake pedal mapping that just makes it tricky to keep creep speed slowed down? Either way though, it's harder to just slowly creep into or out of a garage or parking spot than it should be (again, when not using 1PD; I know it's wholly different for 1PD drivers). Trying to move an extra 6 inches often moves you 1-2 feet.
I have been using Whisper and L for the last several weeks. Really like that setting because the brake pedal sensitivity is reduced. I find it easier to regulate the creep speed and other slow speed situations.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I don’t have one yet so I’m limited but for right now I would like more transparency in the reservation and ordering process

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A charging schedule such that I can set the time and percentage of the charge and it works instead of it charging as soon as I plugged it in and to 100%. That is it. All buttons learnt, sound system acceptable. Drives perfect.

Got a compliment today filling diesel cans at a station with the MME. They had no idea what it was, had never seen one before but wanted to come over to compliment me how good it looks. This onion has layers ;) guess it looks pretty good also.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Charging logic. Maximum charge should be MAXIMUM. Somehow the MME seems to think that’s the setting is “minimum charge by the end of the charging window.” So it starts charging before my charge window.
If I really wanted 90% by 7AM, I would set a one time departure time and minimum percent… oh wait… I can’t do that either. ??

Flyinillini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 Fusion
Country flag
Wait this isn’t a feature already? When I test drove the car at the dealer the cameras automatically popped up when I pulled back into the parking spot at the end. I remember making a comment how much I liked it. I assumed this was a feature. Now I’m kind of disappointed it’s not.

Hard to pick one, but I'll say making the camera screen automatically come on when parking. The cameras and the screen are great, but they're a pain to turn on manually (so I usually don't, meaning it's a wasted feature). They'd be really helpful for parking spaces.

Wish there were an option in settings to have the camera screen come on automatically when we get within 10 feet of any object (when in 'D'). Or slow to <5 MPH.

Similarly, I wish the proximity beeps would have further reach. They seem to come on sooner in my Escape. I know part of it is the taller hood making it appear we're closer than we are, but there's times it just feels like I'm about to hit a pole in a parking lot when the beeps haven't even started yet. Frustrating.