What's Your ONE THING for Ford to Improve?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
At least your one thing is something Ford has already acknowledged and said they would fix, so there’s that.

I’d like to see real-time power in and power out.
Real-time power in and out including well charging, regen braking, or driving is very high on my list as a driver.

Right after the ability to consistently get in and start the car with the phone which is still pretty sketchy as it seems to disconnect and not reconnect reliably until I unlock a door with Ford pass it suddenly sees my phone
Sponsored

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Auto tilt down mirrors when car is in reverse. Really helps when parallel parking. Can't total trust the camera, certainly don't want to scratch my wheels.
Modern problems require modern solutions… make profile 3 “parking”. Set the seat the same, but set the mirrors down. Then, when you need to park, you hit button 3 and voila…

I replied this to the wrong comment before. ??

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Customizable Driver Display and wider wheels.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Instead of honking the horn for door lock confirmation or keys left in the car type alerts, use the pedestrian warning speaker to play a softer sound. VW and Audi play a soft pleasant chirp which is SOOO much nicer than the horn going off, especially in a garage.

JayDoc

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey , BMW 320i
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
OK, Mach E Owners - we know that Ford folks monitor this Forum, but with the Mach E, F-150 Lightning, Bronco, etc., they are busy peeps. So - what is the ONE THING you would ask Ford to improve or correct?
Me - fix the sound system Fader button - it automatically resets every time I start. I'm using the work-around described on another thread, but please - isn't that an easy OTA update? And - the fact that this is my "ONE THING" - let's you know I am enjoying my Mach E - it is an amazingly awesome driving/ownership experience.
PaaK, still glitchy

Gatorwilly

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White premium mach e
Occupation
ret.
Country flag
I would like to be able to create a start code without having to create PAK.
Amen to that.. We have a code to enter the car but cannot create a start code without setting up Paak to start the car.. I do not understand the logic.. WW

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I like @nPeppers idea of custom driving modes.

TheStig

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB Mach-E FE, 2023 Porsche GT4
Country flag
I work in the software industry. We have something called "mean time to fix". Other industries might call it "mean time to repair". Basically, this is the amount of time it takes from when a software bug is reported, to when it is fixed.

I got my Mach-E in early February with tons of bugs. The software engineers probably knew about these bugs last year. Heck, they were probably fixed in January. Somebody at Ford is holding up these bug fixes. It's probably marketing trying to steal the thunder with, "look at all these fixes we included in this update".

If the company I work for had a 6+ month time to fix bugs, we wouldn't have very many customers.

So that is the one thing I want Ford to do better. Release fixes as they fix them. My Mach-E does software updates while I sleep, just like the software on my phone. Why are they so stingy with releasing bug fixes?

BFaulkner

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME, 2019 Audi A5, 2013 BMW 550i
Occupation
General Manager
Country flag
The Apple Car Play on the Infotainment system doesn't always play well with my iPhone. It's about a 70/30 split whether or not it connects with my iPhone. If I come into the car already talking on the iPhone, it never connects...which I've never had a problem with before with my BMW.

jDizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
OK, Mach E Owners - we know that Ford folks monitor this Forum, but with the Mach E, F-150 Lightning, Bronco, etc., they are busy peeps. So - what is the ONE THING you would ask Ford to improve or correct?
Me - fix the sound system Fader button - it automatically resets every time I start. I'm using the work-around described on another thread, but please - isn't that an easy OTA update? And - the fact that this is my "ONE THING" - let's you know I am enjoying my Mach E - it is an amazingly awesome driving/ownership experience.
The Apple Car play connection issues. I go from phone call the music and it boots me to the radio. I end up having to call myself, play my music, and hang up for it to work again.
Apple Car play isn’t new technology and it’s disappointing that this is the issue I am having out of a car this advanced.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Plug-n-charge
Over the weekend I got to experience EA first hand, at three separate stations while traveling across NC.
First time in Charlotte at the 150: Had to call the help number, they reset the charger and it then worked like a charm and fast.

Second time in Statesville: Worked like a charm, just plugged in at the 150 and it was fast.

Third time in West Raleigh: Plugged in, worked fine but then stopped after several minutes. Called the number, they said move car to another charger (there were 8 and all were available), I did and the other charger worked ok, but I was getting less than 80 out of the 150; acceptable but a bit slower, walked over the Jimmy Johns and got a bit to eat.

jkosterhout

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E & 2018 Jeep JKU
Country flag
The Apple Car Play on the Infotainment system doesn't always play well with my iPhone. It's about a 70/30 split whether or not it connects with my iPhone. If I come into the car already talking on the iPhone, it never connects...which I've never had a problem with before with my BMW.
I’m not sure if this is so much a Mach E problem because I have the same problem with connection with basically every connection to my iPhone. I thought that the Apple Watch wouldn’t have problems but even then connection wasn’t 100% perfect. I haven’t had an Android in so long that I’m not sure how that connection is.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
The charging curve. With an 11 kw buffer, we should have a charging curve like the E-tron, not whatever it is now.
Ditto, I don't travel much, but when I do, it would be nice to at least get to 90% before the charging speed drops off the cliff. This is when you need that extra range the most.
Sponsored