What's Your ONE THING for Ford to Improve?

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
They need to be able to exercise more control over the dealers when it comes to new cars. Let the dealers play their games with the used market. The garbage we have been seeing on how creative they can introduce ADM is beyond the pale and has to be addressed.
Sponsored

Beachcats

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Phone as Key has been and continues to be, horrible. It shouldn't be that hard. Come on Ford! Selling me a car with one key fob seemed a little odd but when I realized I no longer need to carry my key because I have PAAK, I was really excited. I will be excited again when you get it working as it should.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Phone as Key has been and continues to be, horrible. It shouldn't be that hard. Come on Ford! Selling me a car with one key fob seemed a little odd but when I realized I no longer need to carry my key because I have PAAK, I was really excited. I will be excited again when you get it working as it should.
Yep, 2 FOBs would be nice. That extra one I bought from the dealer was expensive.

EricTheRed44

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-450, Mustang Mach-E, Mercedes CLK 500,E 350
Occupation
IT Manager
Country flag
Phone related, <rant> fix the damn connectivity issues when there is no ATT cell coverage. I have a verizon cell with great coverage, but no ATT coverage at home. The app to start the car wont connect over bluetooth due to distance? Ok, fine, just keep the WiFi on and the app can communicate that way. The car wont stay connected to my WiFi. Not sure if it is because the Apple car play / Android auto using the WiFi or not. I have cordless cameras that stay connected to the wifi at further distance. <rant over> fix the connectivity issues in the car and with the car and the phone.

Shadowfax

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
OK, Mach E Owners - we know that Ford folks monitor this Forum, but with the Mach E, F-150 Lightning, Bronco, etc., they are busy peeps. So - what is the ONE THING you would ask Ford to improve or correct?
Me - fix the sound system Fader button - it automatically resets every time I start. I'm using the work-around described on another thread, but please - isn't that an easy OTA update? And - the fact that this is my "ONE THING" - let's you know I am enjoying my Mach E - it is an amazingly awesome driving/ownership experience.
It’s an SUV, i want to be able to load my kayak on top! Was told Thule had roof racks. Turns out they don’t. Now I have a car that doesn’t accommodate one of my favorite outdoor hobbies and no ability to haul my kayak to the lake. I am seriously disappointed

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wish ford redid the AC controls in this car. I need a damn class to understand how to use them currently.
Agreed. Or at least explain them in depth in the manual for exactly what each setting really does. AUTO isn't really auto. It's just semi-auto when it comes to fan speed. Sometimes. Sorta.

TheOneAB

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Mustang GT, Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Agreed. Or at least explain them in depth in the manual for exactly what each setting really does. AUTO isn't really auto. It's just semi-auto when it comes to fan speed. Sometimes. Sorta.
Tell me about it. I wish the AUTO modes were programmable. Use 1 for cooling down the car on a hot day, another for comfort driving, and maybe 1 for heating. Right now, my AUTO mode does whatever the matrix tells it to.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Black
Country flag
I had given up on PaaK because it only worked half the time or less. I had the update installed 2 weeks ago and it’s been close to perfect since then.

Do you by chance know which SSM # so I can make sure they do the right one?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
All of my one things:

Lots of tiny problems, and lack of attention to detail.

I own a First Edition. Thank you for the lovely car, but there def are some problems.

1. There is a lack of aerodynamic attention where the windshield ends and the glass roof begins, that is causing lots of wind noise even at 30-40mph. And thats all we can hear if we go higher/freeways.

2. There is a buzzing Noise from center screen

3. Heating temperature seems low, and takes long time to heat the cabin, and that also consumes tons of battery, while stationary or in motion.

4. The plastic end finishes are mostly sharp and abrupt.

5. When you make a new mustang, and my previous eco boost premium had Shaker audio, i assumed the mach e will have a better sound one. but its just a loud speaker in the front center that we can hear, rest of them are dull and the bass is tiny.

6. Ford pass sucks real bad, there is constant issues with detection even if i'm right next to the car and, multiple refreshes and restarts of the app and bluetooth, still keeps failing.

7. There is no way to find out how many KW is left in the battery, than showing %. I dont even know how to check what is the max capacity of my car

8. Android auto and normal bluetooth connection keeps dropping bluetooth while on a phone call.

9. android auto does not always start, i have to go to connections and select start android auto most of the times.

10. preset departure times has stopped working, 2 of 10 times it works, other times nothing.

11. why did you not add seat coolers when you added seat warmers? you need that for hot sweaty days.

12. overall quality wise does not feel like a 60K car, to compare check Porsche Macan's finishing or Range Rover Velar, they are top notch.

13. Headlights are not water proof, there seems to be condensation forming after going to a touch less car wash.

14. Please add additional wheel and tyre options.

15. Fix inconsistency in numbers and meters. Trip time and usage were reset but not the trip distance. It says I've driven at 150mph which is impossible.

16. Lot of such lack of attention to detail all around the car, from the indicator/blinker switch to the cargo cover keeps dropping off.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What's Your ONE THING for Ford to Improve? 20210523_141003

Last edited:

jkosterhout

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E & 2018 Jeep JKU
Country flag
Is it just me or does anyone else hit the max defrost when adjusting the volume? I’ve done that a dozen times at least, finally figured out just to press the button again to go back.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E all.of my one things:

Lots of tiny problems, and lack of attention to detail.

I own a First Edition. Thank you for the lovely car, but there def are some problems.

1. There is a lack of aerodynamic attention where the windshield ends and the glass roof begins, that is causing lots of wind noise even at 30-40mph. And thats all we can hear if we go higher/freeways.

2. There is a buzzing Noise from center screen

3. Heating temperature seems low, and takes long time to heat the cabin, and that also consumes tons of battery, while stationary or in motion.

4. The plastic end finishes are mostly sharp and abrupt.

5. When you make a new mustang, and my previous eco boost premium had Shaker audio, i assumed the mach e will have a better sound one. but its just a loud speaker in the front center that we can hear, rest of them are dull and the bass is tiny.

6. Ford pass sucks real bad, there is constant issues with detection even if i'm right next to the car and, multiple refreshes and restarts of the app and bluetooth, still keeps failing.

7. There is no way to find out how many KW is left in the battery, than showing %. I dont even know how to check what is the max capacity of my car

8. Android auto and normal bluetooth connection keeps dropping bluetooth while on a phone call.

9. android auto does not always start, i have to go to connections and select start android auto most of the times.

10. preset departure times has stopped working, 2 of 10 times it works, other times nothing.

11. why did you not add seat coolers when you added seat warmers? you need that for hot sweaty days.

12. overall quality wise does not feel like a 60K car, to compare check Porsche Macan's finishing or Range Rover Velar, they are top notch.

13. Headlights are not water proof, there seems to be condensation forming after going to a touch less car wash.

14. Please add additional wheel and tyre options.

15. Fix inconsistency in numbers and meters. Trip time and usage were reset but not the trip distance. It says I've driven at 150mph which is impossible.

16. Lot of such lack of attention to detail all around the car, from the indicator/blinker switch to the cargo cover keeps dropping off.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What's Your ONE THING for Ford to Improve? 20210523_141003
One?