What's Your ONE THING for Ford to Improve?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Chatted with a tech on the app, sent me to the dealership. I had it applied by a Ford Dealership about May 7th. They claim the vehicle is up to date now. I have never received a notification on Ford Pass that any update was applied, guess it doesnt update via vehicle. It took them all day, but they did it. I have the latest version of Ford Pass installed, phone as a key still does the same thing. Gets to the copy/paste screen, then gives me a connection error. Samsung 20 Ultra, wife has iPhone Max 10 and does the same thing.

After the update, I tried it in front of them. Didn't work. I had to fly out the next day for work for a week, he assured me he would continue trying to trouble shoot it and get back with me. Never happened. Called twice within the past week, was promised they would call me back. Never happened. Not trying to blabber on in a thread, it is extremely annoying and one of the biggest reasons I bought the vehicle.
Did you try resetting PaaK from the car? That should clear out any phone associations and force it to start over.
Sponsored

firefighter

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 F250 , 2013 F150, 2021 MME, 2021 Audi E-Tron
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OK, Mach E Owners - we know that Ford folks monitor this Forum, but with the Mach E, F-150 Lightning, Bronco, etc., they are busy peeps. So - what is the ONE THING you would ask Ford to improve or correct?
Me - fix the sound system Fader button - it automatically resets every time I start. I'm using the work-around described on another thread, but please - isn't that an easy OTA update? And - the fact that this is my "ONE THING" - let's you know I am enjoying my Mach E - it is an amazingly awesome driving/ownership experience.
Receiver Hitch.
I already own an Audi E-Tron and it has it. Why can't Mach E that I ordered also have it?

kikibop

First Name
kiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E E4x Space White / '15 Prius
Occupation
Product Design
Country flag

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Maybe this is just some setting I haven’t figured out, but when I pull in my garage, I use the button to fold in my mirrors. My last vehicle would unfold the mirrors automatically when driving speed reached 5 MPH. I want this to happen on my Mach-e. It’s silly, but I keep forgetting to press the button to unfold the mirrors.
There is a setting that will autofold the mirrors when the car locks and unfold them when the car unlocks. That may not be exactly what you want but it might be helpful.

pdxzzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
You can disable the honk.
This is what I did. But honestly I'd prefer some audible signal that the car locked -- it's just that the horn is so obnoxious for signaling this. Most cars (or at least my Subarus) had a separate beep to signal convenience features.

Poki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SR AWD Premium
Country flag
make the volume dial on the centre screen adaptable to the feature you are currently using on the screen.
Agree. I can already adjust the volume from the steering wheel controls. Make the dial on the display configurable to adjust not only volume but also temperature and fan speed. Adjusting these on the display is difficult and forces one to take their eyes off the road.

How cool would it be if, instead of always seeing the icons for heated seats and heated steering wheel, those spots on the display could be replaced with options to select what feature gets linked to the dial: VOL, TEM, FAN.

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Receiver Hitch.
I already own an Audi E-Tron and it has it. Why can't Mach E that I ordered also have it?
Yes, I did this when chatting with support from the app. I've reset the entire car, and started from scratch. I'm going to reach out to support one more time, when I have the time to sit in the driveway and jump through hoops for an hour again. If they, or the dealership can't get it to work after that, I feel like something needs to be done.

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It’s an SUV, i want to be able to load my kayak on top! Was told Thule had roof racks. Turns out they don’t. Now I have a car that doesn’t accommodate one of my favorite outdoor hobbies and no ability to haul my kayak to the lake. I am seriously disappointed
I'm using foam blocks, sold my heavy plastic kayak and bought a 25lb surfski. I keep checking on Thule, Yakima, Malone websites for any updates but nothing yet.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
I'd improve the onboard navigation/Charging station interface. to make it easier to identify and filter charging stations.

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I've never had a car before that seems to get "stuck" if the front wheels are in a small rut, like near a curb. The car acts as though it has a really tough job getting out of that rut, which shouldn't be a problem with all the torque available.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'd improve the onboard navigation/Charging station interface. to make it easier to identify and filter charging stations.
I have never really try Ford's nav or charging mapping so can not comment on what they are like. I use plugshare and google maps, sync to my phone and then the mach-e screen thru autoplay. Work around but takes Ford software to the background. ABRP is there also. You can do routes sitting at the large monitor before and then sync the phone and it is all ready for you when you link the phone to the vehicle and push the on button. Plugshare, ABRP and google maps are no pay web interfaces/appz.

Ahays1231

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Premium, Ram 1500 Limited
Country flag
There is a setting that will autofold the mirrors when the car locks and unfold them when the car unlocks. That may not be exactly what you want but it might be helpful.
Thanks. I don’t want them to unfold before I pull out of my garage.
Sponsored