Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
I'm getting my first new set of tires tomorrow and am wondering about alligning the wheels. My Mach-E has 65k miles on it and has never had a wheel allignment. None of the tires show any abnormal wear indicating anything is out of place and no one at the dealership has said anything about it during rotations. I find this odd considering my old 2014 Ford Focus needed aligning on a regular basis.

My driving commute and the roads are the same. The only thing I can think of is that maybe its less of an issue considing the weight distribution between an ICE and electrice vehicle.
Sponsored

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
65 thousand miles? Woo-hoo!

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Those Focuses (Focii?) would absolutely eat tires unless you rotated and aligned religiously. I don’t think it’s a fair benchmark.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
The tires you are removing tell you if alignment is needed. If the wear was even and doesn’t show anything abnormal, you are ok without one. Just my opinion.

If you got 65,000 miles on those tires you may want to install the same brand/model as replacements.

OP
OP
DanCoon

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
The tires you are removing tell you if alignment is needed. If the wear was even and doesn’t show anything abnormal, you are ok without one. Just my opinion.

If you got 65,000 miles on those tires you may want to install the same brand/model as replacements.
Thanks. I was considering putting OEM tires on it again, but decided to try the the Hankook Ion EV tires.
Sponsored