AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
Has anyone purchased wheel locks for their MMR premium? If so, is there a specific size or brand I should be looking at?

Thank you!
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Wheel locks are basically a waste of money. They can be easily defeated (I won't say how, a simple Google search will reveal that). The Mach-E wheels, and tires, are nothing special, I suspect many others will be higher on the list especially truck aftermarket rims.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Has anyone purchased wheel locks for their MMR premium? If so, is there a specific size or brand I should be looking at?

Thank you!
I got the part number from ford.com accessories and bought them on eBay for $35. I never installed them since I decided theyā€™re not needed.

Hdscreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Can anyone confirm if GR3Z1A043A fits regular GT black wheels? Dealer ordered EK4Z-1A043-A but they arenā€™t correct ones for the regular GT wheels. They stick out a lot and the Hex size isnā€™t the same as rest of lugs.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Can anyone confirm if GR3Z1A043A fits regular GT black wheels? Dealer ordered EK4Z-1A043-A but they arenā€™t correct ones for the regular GT wheels. They stick out a lot and the Hex size isnā€™t the same as rest of lugs.
This is a picture of the GR3Z-1A043-A that are made by McGard and sold by Ford. Maybe you can tell by the picture. On Ford.com can you see the part number they list? I will measure the dimensions if that will help. I didnā€™t install them yet.

528AB5A2-FF12-46FE-BE04-9E16B7BD24FE.jpeg

Hdscreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
GR3Z-1A043-A is the part number that shows up when I search on fordparts or ford accessories. Based on info I gave to dealer they showed part number EK4Z-1A043-A and thatā€™s what they gave me. When I looked up part EK4Z-1A043-A on fordparts that part number does indeed say for mustang Mach e.

Just want to be sure GR3Z-1A043-A is the correct part before I order. Would suck if itā€™s the same issue as the EK4Z version.

This is a picture of the GR3Z-1A043-A that are made by McGard and sold by Ford. Maybe you can tell by the picture. On Ford.com can you see the part number they list? I will measure the dimensions if that will help. I didnā€™t install them yet.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
GR3Z-1A043-A is the part number that shows up when I search on fordparts or ford accessories. Based on info I gave to dealer they showed part number EK4Z-1A043-A and thatā€™s what they gave me. When I looked up part EK4Z-1A043-A on fordparts that part number does indeed say for mustang Mach e.

Just want to be sure GR3Z-1A043-A is the correct part before I order. Would suck if itā€™s the same issue as the EK4Z version.
Bring one of your lugs to a different Ford dealer so you can compare to the lock lug before opening the package.

Hdscreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Thanks for suggestion, one dealer out of 6 might actually have in stock. Will try that tomorrow.

Bring one of your lugs to a different Ford dealer so you can compare to the lock lug before opening the package.

MoonRiver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
02 Camry, 07 Infiniti G35
Country flag

Thank you!
I just got a set from Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Veritek-14x1-5mm-Conical-Mustang-Lincoln/dp/B07VHYF14W/ref=sr_1_20?crid=XZ4R3M2CQWUJ&keywords=Set+of+4+Veritek+14x1.5mm+15+Inch+22mm+Hex+Chrome+Large+Acorn+Conical+Seat+Wheel+Locks&qid=1662650838&s=automotive&sprefix=set+of+4+veritek+14x1.5mm+15+inch+22mm+hex+chrome+large+acorn+conical+seat+wheel+locks,automotive,88&sr=1-20

They are just 20 grams heavier that stock wheel nut and 1.5 inch total length vs 1.45 inch of stock.

They fit well but only one thing though, the key is 22 mm hex not the same as other nuts so I had to buy a 22 mm socket for it.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Wheel lock sizing? Recommendations? IMG_4355

Ford Mustang Mach-E Wheel lock sizing? Recommendations? IMG_4353

wheel lock on wheel close up view

Ford Mustang Mach-E Wheel lock sizing? Recommendations? IMG_4354

stock nut on wheel close up view

Ford Mustang Mach-E Wheel lock sizing? Recommendations? IMG_4332

Last edited: