Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Noticed that all the RWD are shipping with 18” Alloys and the AWD with 19”.

Is this purely down to necessity of an AWD? The 19” alloys look much nicer than 18” and as someone who has the ER RWD on pre order, I’m somewhat disappointed that the cheaper SR AWD will have 19” and more expensive ER RWD won’t. Ford won’t allow you to customise this either, apparently. Any one have any insight as to why?
Sponsored

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Maybe range efficiency. But I’m sure when able to order you will be able to choose which size wheels you would like. Cause when actually place orders their will be options you can add to it

srogers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Mach E, Premium, 2021
Country flag

Is this purely down to necessity of an AWD? The 19” alloys look much nicer than 18” and as someone who has the ER RWD on pre order, I’m somewhat disappointed that the cheaper SR AWD will have 19” and more expensive ER RWD won’t. Ford won’t allow you to customise this either, apparently. Any one have any insight as to why?
I believe that tire size is tied to the trim level, not to which wheels drive the car. The Select and California Rt. 1 trims have 18” wheels. Premium trim has 19” wheels and the GT has 20”.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I believe that tire size is tied to the trim level, not to which wheels drive the car. The Select and California Rt. 1 trims have 18” wheels. Premium trim has 19” wheels and the GT has 20”.
The Ford site seems to agree.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Wheels: 18” vs 19” 1582834337439

Ford Mustang Mach-E Wheels: 18” vs 19” 1582834291578

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I ordered the Premium Mach E, so it comes with 19". I actually wish it was cheaper with 18" so I can get after market 19/20"

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

That's here in the US. On ford.co.uk they seem to be combining the RWD/Select trim, and AWD/Premium trim. The upside is that in the UK you can get the Select trim with an extended range battery.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Don't worry, Ford will NOT miss an opportunity to upsell you! The reservation selections you make can be completely changed when it comes to order time, with the exception of not being able to switch to a first edition if you didn't reserve one. The whole point of the reservation is to gauge interest and create more demand the way Tesla did with the model 3. There's apparently a "dealer ebook" that has more information, including additional options that will be available. Among those are things like 19" wheel upgrades for trims that offer 18" wheels as standard, although the picture I saw was a painted aluminum wheel with an aerocover:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/attachments/mustang-mache-pdf.1338/

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Don't worry, Ford will NOT miss an opportunity to upsell you! The reservation selections you make can be completely changed when it comes to order time, with the exception of not being able to switch to a first edition if you didn't reserve one.
I hope you’re right. I probably should have mentioned that I am a UK based customer. We have a lot less options available than you guys and I was told that you wouldn’t be able to add on things like 19” if you’ve not got the AWD variant.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
That's here in the US. On ford.co.uk they seem to be combining the RWD/Select trim, and AWD/Premium trim. The upside is that in the UK you can get the Select trim with an extended range battery.
Yep... I’m UK based and they’ve done some weird things imo. SR AWD has no panoramic roof, but 19” alloys and red brake callipers @ £47k... ET RWD has the roof but not the alloys or brakes @ £50k.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag

Should have mentioned I’m a uk customer... we’re not getting the trim levels you guys are, not are we able to customise (apparently).

Ted Hanky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mitsubishi Outlander
Country flag
I have exactly the same. Ordered an ER RWD in The Netherlands but the wheels 19"are better looking. Problem is that I cannot find a good photo of the correct 18"to compare. The size of the tyre will be bigger at the 18s so I think / hope they wont look that bad after all. Photos are appreciated

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yep... I’m UK based and they’ve done some weird things imo. SR AWD has no panoramic roof, but 19” alloys and red brake callipers @ £47k... ET RWD has the roof but not the alloys or brakes @ £50k.
I very much suspect that for the reservation phase they "slapped things together" in terms of the web site and selections. Again speaking for the US, in the reservation phase we were not able to select anything optional other than drivetrain and battery size. There is a matrix on the website that lists SOME of the optional and standard features, but there is no way to add them into your reservation. As I said, some dealers here have released some of that information so it is clear that the reservations website is really just for getting in line to give ford a rough idea of what customers want.

Again, Ford and other manufacturers have been upselling for a century so I doubt that they will intentionally miss that opportunity now

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
I have exactly the same. Ordered an ER RWD in The Netherlands but the wheels 19"are better looking. Problem is that I cannot find a good photo of the correct 18"to compare. The size of the tyre will be bigger at the 18s so I think / hope they wont look that bad after all. Photos are appreciated
These are pretty decent comparisons
Ford Mustang Mach-E Wheels: 18” vs 19” C3AC7059-C05C-41BB-A74C-A460E9934D94
Ford Mustang Mach-E Wheels: 18” vs 19” 25BCB690-2084-434C-95DF-5406334CDB13

smart185

First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer
Occupation
retraité
Country flag
Someone can tell me if I can put 18 inches wheels on a Primium Mach E ?
Someone knows the bolt patern ans the back space of the wheels ?
Because in Quebec it is mandatory to installed winter tires, I will prefer smaller wheel diameter and more tire for the snow.
Est-ce qu'il y a quelqu'un qui sait si on peut mettre des jantes de 18 pouces sur un MME Premium ?
Est-ce que quelqu'un sait les spécifications des roues concernant les écrous et l'espace derrière la roue et son centre ?
Puisqu'au Québec il est obligatoire de mettre des pneus d'hiver j'aimerais mieux une jante de 18 pouces avec un pneu de 225 / 60 R18 pour la neige.
Sponsored