When does the 2 year free FordPass Charging Network start from?

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
A bit of a random question. So I have read about the 2 year complimentary FordPass Charging Network and 3 year free 250-500 kwh offering on various threads in the past, but I wasn't sure when that 2-3 year date starts. Is it from when you explicitly activated FordPass Charging Network in the Managed Services section on the Ford Owners site or is it from date of purchase of the MME?

I've been holding off on activating it in Managed Services in case it's the former as I didn't want the 2-3 year time to start until when I know I'll need DC fast charging or do a road trip.
Sponsored

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
A bit of a random question. So I have read about the 2 year complimentary FordPass Charging Network and 3 year free 250-500 kwh offering on various threads in the past, but I wasn't sure when that 2-3 year date starts. Is it from when you explicitly activated FordPass Charging Network in the Managed Services section on the Ford Owners site or is it from date of purchase of the MME?

I've been holding off on activating it in Managed Services in case it's the former as I didn't want the 2-3 year time to start until when I know I'll need DC fast charging or do a road trip.
I'd love to hear different but I think you only get your first 250 kwh on the Electrify America chargers and that's it (no expiration date). I'm not aware of 2 years free in the FordPass Network.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'd love to hear different but I think you only get your first 250 kwh on the Electrify America chargers and that's it (no expiration date). I'm not aware of 2 years free in the FordPass Network.
You receive two years of complimentary ACCESS to the FordPass charging network (now called Blue Oval Charge Network). Once you use up the free 250kWh (or 500kWh for some), you will have to pay for charging. However, the access to the service if free for two years.

OP
OP
dliunatic

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@KDub ditto to what @ChasingCoral said. My question was more around when that duration countdown starts ... From whenever you click to activate in Managed Services or from purchase?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
@KDub ditto to what @ChasingCoral said. My question was more around when that duration countdown starts ... From whenever you click to activate in Managed Services or from purchase?
We will have to get input from others to figure this out. Marlin was delivered on 2/9/21 but I didn't purchase him and take him home until 2/10. My expiration date is 2/9/23.
Ford Mustang Mach-E When does the 2 year free FordPass Charging Network start from? Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 10.09.49 AM

This makes me think the clock started with the purchase contract. However, it is possible I signed up the night of 2/10.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I think it expires from the activation date. Mine says 3/26/23. You should be able to see it on Ford's connected services site
Ford Mustang Mach-E When does the 2 year free FordPass Charging Network start from? 1629036546592

Definitely 2 year expiration for service and for the kWh
Ford Mustang Mach-E When does the 2 year free FordPass Charging Network start from? 1629036761433

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I think it expires from the activation date. Mine says 3/26/23. You should be able to see it on Ford's connected services site
Ford Mustang Mach-E When does the 2 year free FordPass Charging Network start from? 1629036761433

Definitely 2 year expiration for service and for the kWh
Yes, but was it activated by the purchase contract or by your action? What was your purchase date?

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
This makes me think the clock started with the purchase contract. However, it is possible I signed up the night of 2/10.
Mine shows different days for expiration of navigation and charging network, so I am thinking charging network expiration is based on activation, not sales.

OP
OP
dliunatic

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I haven't activated the Fordpass Network yet so it doesn't show the date unfortunately. I believe that'll only show after activation.
Ford Mustang Mach-E When does the 2 year free FordPass Charging Network start from? Screenshot_20210815-091917_Chrome

When did you actually purchase your MME?

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Yes, but was it activated by the purchase contract or by your action? What was your purchase date?
Contract signed 3/19. Car picked up on 3/22. Warranty expiration 3/16. Pretty sure that I activated charging on 3/25.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Contract signed 3/19. Car picked up on 3/22. Warranty expiration 3/16. Pretty sure that I activated charging on 3/25.
It sounds like the answer is the activation date on the website (or maybe app) and @shutterbug probably probably activated 3/27.

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
It sounds like the answer is the activation date on the website (or maybe app) and @shutterbug probably probably activated 3/27.
Thanks for the clarification of the original question. I looked at the Terms of Service and here they are to make things more clear ? Looks like Access to the Network and the complimentary bundle expiration dates are both tied to "EV New Vehicle Limited Warranty start date". See below:

"3. Access to Charging Network

Access to the Charging Network is required before you can utilize the Services at a Charging Network Station.

A. Access to Charging Network Service Plans

i. Complimentary Network Access. Access to the Charging Network for 2021 and later model year EVs includes a complimentary 2-year trial, and begins with the EV New Vehicle Limited Warranty start date. During the trial period, you will have access to any Charging Network Station within the Charging Network. You will be billed for all fees including but not limited to fees for the Services initiated by you in any manner, including, without limitation, with your FordPass app or remotely by a customer relations agent.

ii. Charging Network Access Plan. Upon expiration of the complimentary 2-year trial, for network access, you may purchase from Ford Smart Mobility, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company (collectively, “Ford”) a one (1) year term of Charging Network access for an annual fee plus taxes and fees if applicable. This one-year term may be purchased annually without limitation..."

"4. FordPass Charging Bundles

A. Complimentary FordPass Charging Bundle

i. 2021 and later model year EVs, will have access to a complimentary FordPass Charging Bundle of 250 kWh which can be used at select Charging Network Stations within the Charging Network. The complimentary Charging Bundle expires three (3) years from your EV New Vehicle Limited Warranty start date . The Charging Bundle runs concurrently with your complimentary 2-year Charging Network access trial described above in 3(A)(i)

B. Your kWh credit balance will be available for three years from the complimentary trial start date. Any kWh credit balance remaining at the end of the complimentary trial period will: (i) expire or terminate after a change in EV ownership occurs leading to removal of the EV VIN from your FordPass Account - My Garage; or (ii) deactivation of the connection between your Account and the vehicle’s FordPass Connect modem.

C. You are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees."

digdug52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E 4X, 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Contract signed and car picked up on 3/26/2021. Charging Network trial ends 4/2/2023. I did activate after pickup date, was not sure exact date. More evidence that it is 2 years free from activation date.
You might want to check all the fine print to see if there is a deadline for signing up for 2 years of activation, probably not, but you never know.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Purchase date. When you initially activate the plan on Ford.com/connectedservices it tells you 2 years from the MME purchase date. This applies to the 250 kWh but if Ford later gives more kWh I don’t know when the additional expires. Plug & Charge thru Blue Oval on a EA charger will use the free kWh up before going to the credit card on file.
Sponsored

Last edited: