When: Embargos lifted/realworld reviews?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Tom Moloughney posted a mini hands-on video about the ID.4 today, and it really is getting to be time for the same thing to happen for the Mach E. I know that there was supposed to be a JD Power review 3 weeks ago, but it still hasn't surfaced and it really is getting to the point that independent reviewers should have some hands-on experience to share by this point.

So, what gives? Were there too few cars, or too many last minute changes? Am I a day too early? Were the reviewers injured by a model Y's roof flying off?

EDIT:
link to @jhalkias' post of video:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/vw-id-4-unveiled-today.1452/post-40759
Sponsored

Last edited:

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Good point. Maybe we should start a pool and pick dates for the first reviews to come out.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
When the embargo is lifted, I am willing to volunteer to do a test drive for my Mach-E YouTube channel. I know it is a big sacrifice, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice. ? ?

Seriously, I am hoping the magazines or auto websites get something to review/preview soon.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I was hoping for an employee drive event to come around Dearborn like we've done for other product launches. But with these COVID restrictions and the offices being closed it seems unlikely at this point. Maybe next year?? (but by the end of December I'm hoping to already have mine anyways)

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I was hoping for an employee drive event to come around Dearborn like we've done for other product launches. But with these COVID restrictions and the offices being closed it seems unlikely at this point. Maybe next year?? (but by the end of December I'm hoping to already have mine anyways)
Maybe an "employee tour": You sign up and they drive it by your house while you wave from the front window?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I'd have expected a few magazines/etc to have been invited to do a controlled test track review by now.
Perhaps they have and are waiting on a review embargo to be lifted.

*shrug* Not my department. :)

RobertP

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Country flag
VW ID4, Skoda Enyaq, Polestar2, Tesla Model Y... all these cars are already being reviewed, tested and being delivered in 2020 (in the Netherlands, so having better tax-refunds for the coming 5 years). Looks like the MME is not ready for a review yet, too many issues? Makes me worry a bit.

Zandje

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat GTE, MME AWD TP+ Lucid Red (2021)
Country flag
VW ID4, Skoda Enyaq, Polestar2, Tesla Model Y... all these cars are already being reviewed, tested and being delivered in 2020 (in the Netherlands, so having better tax-refunds for the coming 5 years). Looks like the MME is not ready for a review yet, too many issues? Makes me worry a bit.
Only Polestar 2 is delivered in 2020; but don't ask how....
Rest all planned for 2021.

TheLight75

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Perhaps Ford is still trying to finalize the performance variables for the MME so they don't want people driving them until they've been finalized and uploaded into each MME?