smalas

First Name
Sami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME ExRWD (DMG), Subaru Outback
Country flag
At what point will Ford start switching orders from the 2021 to 2022?

My order placed earlier this month wont arrive until at least February so it feels like they may switch as the next model will likely be out by the time they even start producing my vehicle. Although I don't expect too many changes with the Mach-E other than very minor ones.
Sponsored

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
I would suspect that if you ordered a 2021 that's what you are going to get. Ford is not yet taking orders for 2022 model year, are they?

osiris

First Name
Mich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3 rex, BMW x4, MME premium RWD (9/8/21)
Country flag
At what point will Ford start switching orders from the 2021 to 2022?

My order placed earlier this month wont arrive until at least February so it feels like they may switch as the next model will likely be out by the time they even start producing my vehicle. Although I don't expect too many changes with the Mach-E other than very minor ones.
Late September orders will be 2022, everything else will be 2021 I believe, regardless of delivery date.
Per this thread:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...eduling-production-start-dates-released.8092/

OP
OP

smalas

First Name
Sami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Very interesting - this is exactly what I was looking for thanks! Im hopeful that if my production date is after 11/27 they'd just default to switching it doesn't make sense for scale to continue building two model years.
Next time try the search function. It works great.

gordonf238

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD, Ext. range
Country flag
I too was curious about this. I placed an order for an AWD Ext. Range Mach-E Premium in July through a local dealer. It looks like production will be sometime in December, so I'm guessing it'll be a 2022 model year.

I've heard that 2022s will have a slightly increased range.

OP
OP

smalas

First Name
Sami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I too was curious about this. I placed an order for an AWD Ext. Range Mach-E Premium in July through a local dealer. It looks like production will be sometime in December, so I'm guessing it'll be a 2022 model year.

I've heard that 2022s will have a slightly increased range.
Welp just got my production date of 10/18 so definitely wont be a 2022 model. Opted for the ER RWD to maximize range and don't anticipate too many road trips so should be just fine. Might opt for the Ford Options plan to trade up in a couple of years but still weighing that aspect of it
Sponsored