When will we get Sentry Mode? Could come in VERY handy...

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Is there any reason to believe that the current cameras could capture this kind of video? The side cameras are pointed down.
When parked, the mirrors pull in, but angle up a bit. I suppose it would catch someone from back to front, but the front to back would have to be handled by the front camera, (and my dashcams)
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
There's a good chance that the multiple cameras required by BlueCruise 2.0 could provide at least some level of video surveillance. How it would compare to Tesla's Sentry Mode may not be certain at this point, but I believe Ford has commented in the past that a similar system should be possible with the Mach-Es factory hardware.
Just what IS “BlueCruise 2.0”? Sources please. Wnd why would you think any 2021 MY Mustang Mach E would be equipped for any hypothetical “BlueCruise 2.0”?

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
Just what IS “BlueCruise 2.0”? Sources please. Wnd why would you think any 2021 MY Mustang Mach E would be equipped for any hypothetical “BlueCruise 2.0”?
Forgive me for the slip-up in terminology. What I meant was (quoting from a window sticker):

FORD CO-PILOT360 ACTIVE 2.0
BLUECRUISE
360-DEGREE CAMERA

My point was to distinguish vehicles so-equipped to those without. My apologies for the confusion.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Forgive me for the slip-up in terminology. What I meant was (quoting from a window sticker):

FORD CO-PILOT360 ACTIVE 2.0
BLUECRUISE
360-DEGREE CAMERA

My point was to distinguish vehicles so-equipped to those without. My apologies for the confusion.
All good. To the best of my knowledge, the Mustang Mach E is not equipped with a 360 degree camera system and there isn’t a way to put one in.

hbirring01

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
All good. To the best of my knowledge, the Mustang Mach E is not equipped with a 360 degree camera system and there isn’t a way to put one in.
Isnt there a 360 camera on certain models? I have one camera in the front bumper, one in the windshield, one in each side view mirror, and one in the lift gate. My window sticker even says 360 camera which is used to give me the birds eye view when in reverse.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Isnt there a 360 camera on certain models? I have one camera in the front bumper, one in the windshield, one in each side view mirror, and one in the lift gate. My window sticker even says 360 camera which is used to give me the birds eye view when in reverse.
The views from the nose camera, both mirror cameras, and the tailgate camera are fused to produce a synthetic “birds-rye” view of the vehicle for parking purposes. I’m pretty sure none of these cameras have the fields of view, resolution, or frame rates needed to be useful for navigation. As for “sentry mode”, here’s a fun experiment you can try for yourself. Put your car into reverse so you get the “birds-eye” view on the center screen. You’ll be seeing all four cameras. Have a friend approach the vehicle from various directions. Judge for yourself whether any of those images would be “useful” to identify any assailants of your car ?

Since Tesla relies more heavily on a vision-based approach to driver aids, it’s easier for them to offer a “sentry mode” feature. Everything hardware-wise is there for it. In fact, with clever compression, they could even stream the video back to the Elon Galactic Supercomputer in Texas, or a user’s iCloud account or whatever, ensuring the video stream isn’t lost.
Sponsored

Last edited: